Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm With Rexus

Options
  • 10-11-2008 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭

This has become a major pain in the arse.
    I came to this forum for a little entertainment and see if anyone else in the country had an alternative, open-minded view of things in the same way I have.

Unfortunately the forum had been over-run by idiots like Diogenes and especially King Moron eh .. Mob

It's a damned shame really. Some of the posters here provide good food for thought and in some cases a lot of entertainment. But idiots like King_Mob have taken over almost every thread with the same ridiculous rhetoric. Evidence, proof, logic etc. etc. etc.

King_Mob, I've news for you. If there was enough proof, these things wouldn't be conspiracy theories. They'd be conspiracy fact and you'd have nothing to argue about.

I'l stick my head in every now and then to see if the over-zealous arguer (notice I didn't use the word debater) has decided to leave this forum and let the rest of us get on with our silly little theories. If he does, I'll be back.

Comments

Wouldn't they just be facts and not conspiracy facts. Is that not a bit of an oxymoron?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

another arsehole. Somebody ban me.

PLEASE !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,233 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Or you could, you know, argue your position using logic, reason and other such rhetoric instead of relying on personal attacks.

Surely you realise there exists people who have looked at these theories and yet still think the are not true (or even based on sound reasoning).
    But simply because they don't agree with your worldview doesn't mean they are moronic nor do they believe you to be a moron because you don't believe theirs.

If you don't what your worldview and ideas challenged feel free not to post.
    Of course if you believe your theories stand up to critical inquiry then please engage in debate rather than personal attacks.

DubTony wrote: »
    another arsehole. Somebody ban me.

PLEASE !!!!!!!!

... or you could just not use Boards anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Wait a sec ... lets guaranteee that ban will we?

King_Mob, If I was to say that anything you ever post here was a decent contribution, I'd be a liar.

Here's a definition that fits you perfectly. From dictionary.com

and here's a link (for evidence)

confident of one's own righteousness, esp. when smugly moralistic and intolerant of the opinions and behavior of others.

So let me get it off my chest.

You are one hell of a selfrighteous cunt.

BTW, don't bother reporting. I've already done it.

• Advertisement

If you're this high strung then conspiracy theories is definately not the right forum for you to post in. Try something easier. Like maybe the Wanderly Wagon forum. Or Mustard.

Or maybe if you get this annoyed, press that big red 'X' at the top of your screen, turn off your computer and just go do something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,233 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

DubTony wrote: »
    Wait a sec ... lets guaranteee that ban will we?

King_Mob, If I was to say that anything you ever post here was a decent contribution, I'd be a liar.

Here's a definition that fits you perfectly. From dictionary.com

and here's a link (for evidence)

confident of one's own righteousness, esp. when smugly moralistic and intolerant of the opinions and behavior of others.

So let me get it off my chest.

You are one hell of a selfrighteous cunt.

BTW, don't bother reporting. I've already done it.

So then avoiding the substance of my arguments then and sticking with personal attacks?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

exctly what is the SUBSTANCE of your arguments?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

exctly what is the SUBSTANCE of your arguments?

I have in the past wondered was Bonkey an awful superior pain in the arse to be around in person but one thing's for sure I have yet to find any major flaws in his logic or his arguments. Similarly for our friend King Mob, I don't always like his in your face manner but his logic stands up. Dub Tony sounds like he's being a petulant child that needs a slap on the arse from his mammy. If you wanna show King Mob up then show flaws in his argument, acting like a gob****e isn't going to do that.

Bonkey is on my 'Ultimate Dinner party' List, precisley for the resons you have outlined, King Mob however has not presented anything of substance to this board, mearly cheap shots at other posters.

need I remind you all that this is meant to be a Forum for Conspiracy THEORIES, a meeting place for like minded individuals to discuss the wierd things they see going on around them and try ro extrapolate answers, not somewhere that people come to poke fun at the 'Loonies' for their 'OutThere' beliefs

as I've said before if you really want to troll the Board Grow a set and try one of the religion Forums! See how long you have an account after that

I'm sick of discusion being stifled by a few self righteous idiots, and I've noticed that a lot of the regular posters have stopped posting here

is that a coincidence too??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Bonkey is on my 'Ultimate Dinner party' List, precisley for the resons you have outlined, King Mob however has not presented anything of substance to this board, mearly cheap shots at other posters.

He has gone into great detail why one conspiracy theory or another doesn't add up and yet I don't recall you agreeing with him too much? I find it really really hard to fault his logic which is why I agree with most of that he says in here. I can't say the same with the CT's generally. King Mob may be brash but he's makes a good argument.
    need I remind you all that this is meant to be a Forum for Conspiracy THEORIES, a meeting place for like minded individuals to discuss the wierd things they see going on around them and try ro extrapolate answers, not somewhere that people come to poke fun at the 'Loonies' for their 'OutThere' beliefs

as I've said before if you really want to troll the Board Grow a set and try one of the religion Forums! See how long you have an account after that

I'm sick of discusion being stifled by a few self righteous idiots, and I've noticed that a lot of the regular posters have stopped posting here

is that a coincidence too??

Well it's a Conspiracy Theory's forum but that doesn't mean it's only for people who agree with Conspiracy Theory's. It seems to me that many of the CT's would be happy to sit in here like a bunch of fanboys and agree with each other. I honestly have no problem re-evaluating what I believe now if someone shows me some proof/logic/sense to the contrary.

meglome wrote: »
    He has gone into great detail why one conspiracy theory or another doesn't add up and yet I don't recall you agreeing with him too much? I find it really really hard to fault his logic which is why I agree with most of that he says in here. I can't say the same with the CT's generally. King Mob may be brash but he's makes a good argument.

I dont have to Agree with Bonkey to respect his POV, its well thought out and well presented in a fairly neutral tone, and often adds a lot of fuel to a debate.

Cant say the same for King Mob, actually even Diogeness seems less petty in comparison

Well it's a Conspiracy Theory's forum but that doesn't mean it's only for people who agree with Conspiracy Theory's. It seems to me that many of the CT's would be happy to sit in here like a bunch of fanboys and agree with each other. I honestly have no problem re-evaluating what I believe now if someone shows me some proof/logic/sense to the contrary.

no but like I said why are we being held up as fair game for all to ridicule, there are things I would like to discus but theres no point as we'd get two or three posts in before it descended into them mire at the moment, feck I've tried to start serious threads but no one seems bothered, the CT'ers dont want to put themselves out there for ridicule and why should they, this is supposed to be a safe haven for the more out there theories, its not its purile amusement for smallminded trolls

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

DubTony banned for 3 months. might make it permanent should the mood take me (and it probablly will :) )

Advertisement