Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Official Archaeology Beers on Lotts Bar, Liffey St.30th August

Options
  • 24-08-2008 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

Ok so there's been a few problems with the venue choices. Some can't travel out to Glasnevin (me being one of them sorry but I do have the lovely clondalkin to get back to at the end of the night) and some can't go to Kennedys.

Anyways the beers is still going ahead on the 30th but a new venue is urgently needed so a new poll is here!!

New venue, please choose 9 votes

Lotts on Liffey Street
    0%
    The Oval on Abbey Street
    44%
    Riamfadaspaceman1lizardfudgetrowelled 4 votes
    The Mercantile on Dame Street
    0%
    Eamon Dorans
    55%
    buffalobonelessneustettinFunkZAlyiousa 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

The Oval on Abbey Street
    Three cheers for trowelled. Queen of Beers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

The Oval on Abbey Street
    Grimes wrote: »
    Three cheers for trowelled. Queen of Beers

Wahoo go me!!

I'm now just copying you and gunning for Lotts. Oh how where has my original thought gone??

The Oval on Abbey Street
    trowelled wrote: »
    Wahoo go me!!

I'm now just copying you and gunning for Lotts. Oh how where has my original thought gone??

hypnotoad.jpg

The Oval on Abbey Street
    hypnotoad.jpg

So from here on in I shall be called the hypno-toad? Has a certain ring to it and it's better than trowelled. I'm so embarrassed by that name I actually cringe when I have to tell people. A great name came to me just after I signed up but it was too late then :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Eamon Dorans
    The last time I was in the Oval I was 16 :p!!

• Advertisement

The Oval on Abbey Street
    I love how people have registered on boards just to vote on this poll. I never new this forum was so popular !

The Oval on Abbey Street
    I love how people have registered on boards just to vote on this poll. I never new this forum was so popular !

Who doesn't love archaeology? Actually don't answer that one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Eamon Dorans
    Yes, I noticed a few zero post count people on the other poll too.

The Oval on Abbey Street
    Who doesn't love archaeology? Actually don't answer that one!!

About 500,000 commuters ! :p

The Oval on Abbey Street
    About 500,000 commuters ! :p

I know I put the question out there and then immediately realised. I hear the rants in my head "f***ing archaeologists"

• Advertisement

The Oval on Abbey Street
    boneless wrote: »
    Yes, I noticed a few zero post count people on the other poll too.

Strange who would do that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭spaceman1

The Oval on Abbey Street
    I dont know any of these places, I am from the sticks, I see the big smoke in the distance......lets go drink in Tara and have an aul excavation

• Registered Users Posts: 8,060 ✭✭✭buffalo

Eamon Dorans
    I say Fourknocks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 p1x1e

Your ma says FORE- for it has the Seven Wonders of Fore! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fore_Abbey
    ROCK ON!
    buffalo wrote: »
    I say Fourknocks!

The Oval on Abbey Street
    If anyone is a bit apprehensive about coming just send me a pm and I can arrange to meet people beforehand cos I'm nice like that. We're a freindly bunch really!!

The Oval on Abbey Street
    Ok folks seeing as poll has stayed the same for the last few days I'm gonna take buffalos advise and flip a coin to decide between lotts and the Mercantile. SO here it goes;

*flips coin call s heads for Mercantile and it's ......tails so Lotts it is.

Ok so beers will take place in Lotts on Liffey Street from 8pm. Be there!!!

Grimes could you update this thread title and the one on the events forum so venue can be included, purty please!! I'll send you a pm re this anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Eamon Dorans
    At the moment it looks like it's gonna be me, trowelled and Grimes. Still gonna be grand...

As long as yis don't start talking about archeology! If you do I will stand up and leave :P

The Oval on Abbey Street
    FunkZ wrote: »
    At the moment it looks like it's gonna be me, trowelled and Grimes. Still gonna be grand...

As long as yis don't start talking about archeology! If you do I will stand up and leave :P

There'll be more don't worry ;). I appreciate you popping along as a non archaeologist!! Should be fun!!

Eamon Dorans
    There'll be more don't worry ;). I appreciate you popping along as a non archaeologist!! Should be fun!!

No it won't be fun, well it will be as long as yis don't talk about Archeology too much. We can talk about Jurassic Park if you'd like?! That'd be cool.

:D

The Oval on Abbey Street
    No it won't be fun, well it will be as long as yis don't talk about Archeology too much. We can talk about Jurassic Park if you'd like?! That'd be cool.

:D

But Jurassic Park is responsible for my recurring nightmare whereby me and my family get chased by dinosaurs. For some reason we always jump onto this big ship, strange!! Anyway dinosaurs are for paleontologists! If Gaviscon was around you could have a good natter with him, he likes that kind of thing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,060 ✭✭✭buffalo

Eamon Dorans
    I'll be there too. We can discuss how best to defend ourselves against raptors...

velociraptors.jpg

Eamon Dorans
    So right eight o clock yeah?
    How many people are gonna head to it?

Class picture Buffulo did ya draw it yerself?! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I just headed over here cos Funkz said there was a Jurassic Park beers and I got all excited and had to check it out!

Are people who don't know much about archeology allowed to come out and play?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I can probably find something old to bring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Can i pop along? got nothing better to do

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Anyway dinosaurs are for paleontologists! If Gaviscon was around you could have a good natter with him, he likes that kind of thing!!
    Someone call me?
    orestes wrote: »
    I just headed over here cos Funkz said there was a Jurassic Park beers and I got all excited and had to check it out!

Feh! The Jurassic period belongs in the domain of palaeontology. Unfortunately the palaeontologists forum was not invited.

Eamon Dorans
    feylya wrote: »
    I can probably find something old to bring?

Yeah man bring Rising Force, that shizzle is old!
    Damn that was a bad crack at being funny.

Well how did the night go? I enjoyed my time there and it would have been cool if yis came to Swords, a great night was had|! I got a bit lost in the conversations at times, feyayla (sp?) saved me though =]

Thanks for organisin Trowelled!!! :pac:

/drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Well that was fun!

Good company, beer, Charlies chow mein, ticks all the boxes for a good night out for me! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Yeah man bring Rising Force, that shizzle is old!
    Damn that was a bad crack at being funny.

• Advertisement

The Oval on Abbey Street
    Thank to those who showed up. A good night was had.

Although I was the only archaeologist at the ARCHAEOLOGY beers. Where were you all????

Advertisement