Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patton Flyer on RTE 1 now.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

markpb wrote: »
    Dublin bus (not Dublin Bus) passengers badly need a lobby group like RUI to lobby for them, to put more political pressure on the DoT and to try to put a truthful message when stuff like this happens.

Then why don't you start one?

As it happens I think that it is a very good idea and something that is long overdue. I do think it is a pity that P11/RUI were not at all interested in non-rail public transport as one central pressure group would have more clout than several smaller groups but they were not at all interested when I tried to bring the topic up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭iwudluvit

Why is the Patton flyer bus parking overnight now illegally on a corner on Killiney Road? Surely it's not becasue the driver lives there? Isn't there a place to park their buses - must be 9 or 10 of them somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

iwudluvit wrote: »
    Why is the Patton flyer bus parking overnight now illegally on a corner on Killiney Road? Surely it's not becasue the driver lives there? Isn't there a place to park their buses - must be 9 or 10 of them somewhere?

I think they only have three or four buses, two of which are running pretty much all the time from 4am to midnight.

They quite often park one at the Dalkey stop, not sure why they would want to park one on Killiney Road unless, as you say, the driver (Or maybe Mr Patton himself) lives there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Oddly enuf,one of the aspects of fully complying with the Law of the Land is that as part of the Route Licencing structure,an applicant is required to provide to an Garda Siochana details of those stops which are proposed for the service.

This would allow for the Full Safety Audit which we now understand is de rigeur for such items as Bus Stops in Dublin....:confused:

However,since the PF hasnt bothered to comply with the Route Licencing requirements of a toothless Dept of Transport why on earth should such mundane items as Bus Stop notification bother them...or anybody else ?? :)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Oddly enuf,one of the aspects of fully complying with the Law of the Land is that as part of the Route Licencing structure,an applicant is required to provide to an Garda Siochana details of those stops which are proposed for the service.

This would allow for the Full Safety Audit which we now understand is de rigeur for such items as Bus Stops in Dublin....:confused:

However,since the PF hasnt bothered to comply with the Route Licencing requirements of a toothless Dept of Transport why on earth should such mundane items as Bus Stop notification bother them...or anybody else ?? :)

Maybe they have.

Dalkey Garda don't seem too worried about the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Could there be grounds for complaint for the Patton flyer under the trade description act? Does it actually fly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

I assume the Dalkey members are`nt too bothered as they have other more onerous duties too attend to ;)
    ....or perhaps its because the Minister for Transport has not yet replied to the Garda Commissioners letter seeking "clarification" of the relevant points of the 1932 Road Transport Act which were cited in the Department of Transports (Licencing Section) letter to the Gardai reporting the breach to them
    ....At some future point this particular Minister for Transport will require a Boswell (Buswell ?) to collate and record all of the missives he is issuing........:eek:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

I think they only have three or four buses, two of which are running pretty much all the time from 4am to midnight.

They quite often park one at the Dalkey stop, not sure why they would want to park one on Killiney Road unless, as you say, the driver (Or maybe Mr Patton himself) lives there

They don't have a proper stop at Dalkey (or anywhere else for that matter), the stop in Dalkey they usually illegally park at is in fact the (incorrectly located) Dublin Bus 59 stop.

The location they use to pick-up passengers is in or beside pay-and-display car parking bays at Hyde Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Interesting discussion in the Dáil last week with regard to the Patton Flyer:

Deputy Seán Barrett asked the Minister for Transport if he will expedite the processing of the application in respect of a company (details supplied) for a licence to operate bus passenger services between Dalkey and Dublin Airport, serving intermediate points via Glasthule, Dún Laoghaire, Monkstown and Blackrock; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [7038/09]

Minister for Transport (Deputy Noel Dempsey): The company to which the Deputy refers was advised on 16 January 2009 of the terms on which a licence could be granted in respect of the operation of the services in question. They were also afforded a period of three weeks during which they could indicate acceptance of those terms. Further clarification of the position was given to representatives of the company at a meeting with officials of my Department, held on 3rd February. I understand that the company indicated at that meeting that it would be making a further submission to my Department. That submission is awaited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 samray

I'd like to know if alexsmart can get me a job in Aircoach as you seem to get a remarkable amount of time there to fanny around on the net

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

1) Thats a trolling post - Aleksmart does not work for Aircoach
    2) There is another thread on this subject, not an anchant old one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 samray

Thanks Devnull, but what exactly is a trolling post? And where is the other thread so that I can pass the same comment about aleksmart there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

samray if you post the same comment about aleksmart in another thread I will ban you end of story.

thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement