Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

Nah, he's not ... It's Ray Foley that's banned ...

MARIO !! From big brother ... The king of all things Health & Safety

Ah, I don't watch that shíte. :eek:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

el diablo wrote: »
    Ah, I don't watch that shíte. :eek:

Probably better off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Ha flicked over to darcy for 5mins exactly yesterday morning, he climbed up the stairs got on his high horse, 6year old girl at the dubs game her parents are terrible for bringing her have they no sense blah blah "SHUT UP RAY"
    And flick back over to the "snot big head king" ryan, and tear my ears off. Its just horrible in the mornings.

Where is my ipod! Which boardsie robbed it to replace darcy?!

I have issues i know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I had the misfortune to have to sit through some of his drivvel this morning. I swear he wants to be Ricci Lake or something, going on about a woman ho had a one night stand and emailing in to a radio show to help find the father. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Switched on briefly today to hear him talking about what age his daughter walked at, what she is now saying, how great she is....blah, blah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tipsy7

I had the misfortune of hearing that, sum woman rang in for a quiz she was making a diary of every time her son blinks,breathes,scartches and other such wonderful milestones, to plague him with when he's older. Ray then took this as a chance to tell simillar interesting stories about his kid. In what world is this entertainment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Still much much better than that god awful Evelyn o' rourke

I'm just glad we now have i102-104 in my neck of the woods.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Mark 00 wrote: »
    Is anybody getting tired of the Ray D'arcy show. well not so much the show but rather him and his moral highground. If i'm looking for an opinionated gobs**te, there are plenty of other shows. His show used to be just about havin a laugh and not takin things too seriously but in the last year or so he cant seem to talk about anything without giving a big opinionated spiel about whats right, (coz if its his opinion, then obviously it has to be right). Bring back the old days when he used to brighten up our mornings.

I'm not alone! :D<3 this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

magnumlady wrote: »
    I'm just glad we now have i102-104 in my neck of the woods.:D

Ohh god. Is that a joke?
    D'arcy over that any day.
    Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Tipsy7 wrote: »
    I had the misfortune of hearing that, sum woman rang in for a quiz she was making a diary of every time her son blinks,breathes,scartches and other such wonderful milestones, to plague him with when he's older. Ray then took this as a chance to tell simillar interesting stories about his kid. In what world is this entertainment :(

The pr1ck was at it again this morning...talking about feeding kids chicken nuggets. Didn't Jamie Oliver do this before?

Turned off straight away.

He's a bore of the highest order.

I wish someone would tell him that he's not the only dad in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

There's currently a rumour that Ray D'Arcy is being lined up to present a daytime TV show with Gráinne Seoige (replacing Joe O'Shea). Presumably he'd have to leave Today FM to do that...

http://rickoshea.wordpress.com/2008/07/01/its-seoige-oshea/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭StudentEmeritus

Why don't you just STOP LISTENING then?!

Honestly. The lack of logic is baffling. If you don't like him, then don't listen to him.

Honestly. The lack of logic is baffling. If you don't like him, then don't listen to him.
    Have you anything better to contribute than "If you don't like him, don't listen!"? How about "if you don't like a thread, don't contribute to it"? :)

This thread is for discussing whether Ray D'Arcy has lost the plot or - basically - ain't as good as he used to be. If people do or don't like him, they can discuss why right here. They don't need your permission to do so - It's a discussion forum - that's what it's for.

It just so happens unfortunately that yes, there seems to be a fair bit of negativity on the radio forum generally - but perhaps there's a good solid reason for that.

Frankly, I actually like Ray D'Arcy but I've got certain issues with his presenting style which I don't like. I'll still listen to him (the odd time!), but still with the freedom to criticise him openly in this public forum when he cocks up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

A lot of people posting here work in offices, shops, pubs and factories etc where they can't control the radio. Believe me it is a form of torture. When I was in college I spent a summer working in a factory that never changed the radio from Today FM, every day at 2.30pm my life would take a turn for the worse when HEY HEY YOUR A WINNER Tony 'Greaser' Fenton would come on the radio!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I have to say, one of the things I missed most when i went to Australia was listening to d'arcy.

Used to love the craic and chat, reasonable music and the odd serious topic of conversation.

Tuned in on the web a few times but it didnt seem good so I thought I was being unlucky with the few times i had logged on.

Well then I came home. Sweet suffering Jesus, but he must have vertigo with the height of that feckinh horse he is on.

Yday, fair enough, yer wan wanted to find the guy who shot the goo in her, its questionable if he sould have ran with it or not, but to go ring slapper faced jacks to see if they could look at the CCTV? WTF? Talk about a man hunt..
    If he wasnt scared off by the initial email, that would have defo done it

As for the fcukin rocky road to dublin song, I enjoyed it the first 20 times.. now its starting to grate..

Still he is better than "huh huh huh, i CANT beliiiiieeeevve you just said that" fenton
    /end of rant

Now were is the fenton is a gimp thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

slideways wrote: »
    I have to say, one of the things I missed most when i went to Australia was listening to d'arcy.

you went to Oz and missed the D'arcy show. Sorry, but that's a bit sad. :D

But I do agree with the rest of your post. I heard some of it but didn't realise he phoned Copper Face Jacks to ask them to check the CCTV footage. :eek:

what was the result of all this? were the happy couple reunited? :p

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 duffyciaran

Have to agree. Really liked Ray up until a year or so ago but the show is beginning to grate now. He's still OK (providing he stops talking about his kid for a while) - the show is inoffensive and fun but Jd4K really needs to be kept away from the microphone.

Started listening to Tubridy on Radio1 around 6 months back and I have to say I really enjoy him. Compared to how corny and uncomfortable he is on television, on the radio he's actually really good - intelligent and interesting topics with good guest contributors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Airportman

slideways- are you on about the same thing I was on about here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

+1 on the Tubridy comments. He is a bit of an odd fish but his show normally has good topics and he asks decent questions. (The same can't be said for his television efforts). And he doesn't moan as much as D'arcy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Homer J Simpson

Although he is quite a competent radio presenter he seems to let his personal life take over the show. He constantly talks about his kid and seems to agree with every opinion Jenny Kelly has.

We're also well aware as to how much he hates jeeps yet constantly complains about them. Forcing your opinion down someone's throat isnt the way to go.

I'm surprised that Todayfm havent seen this thread or even Ray himself. There seems to be a lot of negativity towards him on here.

I'm surprised that Todayfm havent seen this thread or even Ray himself.

I'd be very surprised IF Today FM or someone from the D'Arcy Show team haven't seen it, in fairness. I'm sure they're not hugely concerned about it though, him having the good listenership ratings he has and having been "DJ of the Year" 3 years in a row in the Meteors (only to lose it to a fellow Today FM presenter).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

neither ray would deserve it this year IMO.

ya that manhunt for the "dad" was ridiculous, how in the hell was the CCTV gonna help? was Ray going to recognise the guy or what, cos what did they think they'd do with the footage, put it on the website? I texted in straight away saying they better have damn good solicitors if they planned on doing anything with the cctv.

other things he's pissed me off on;
    opinions on music, especially anything heavier than jack johnson. dismissive and arrogant.
    creeping on women in the studio with his missus sitting beside him
    his arrogant attitude to the rest of the team, he often scolds them on air and cuts them off, interrupts them etc etc.

he's really turned into the old man he never wanted to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 thedandoon

Ray darcy is such a moany hole and a gay byrne wannabee but foley and jp is so funny but off the ball on newstalk is the best show on radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Jenny Kelly has ruined the show and will ultimately ruin D'Arcy's career.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Txatxu Urki

Cant believe a radio program wins awards with the most annoying presenters that any station could possibly muster up-its beyond belief!
    Reading out nonsensical texts and overplaying the same songs until they become painful to listen to.
    Rays not too bad but yer one with the D4/mid atlantic accent..she would give an aspirin a headache. Thumbs down from TU.
    Forced to listen at work by the way..in case....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

thedandoon wrote: »
    Ray darcy is such a moany hole and a gay byrne wannabee but foley and jp is so funny but off the ball on newstalk is the best show on radio

agreed!! , especially the soccer show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

someone out there likes him..his listernership is huge,he presents stuff for rte and seems very popular in a joe soap kind of way.
    Enough of the praise tho,i cant stand the fella,he is so preachy and when turning over to tubridy is a better option then you really are sh##e.
    The sad thing is that the show used to be really good.Its like liveline for the 20-35 demographic now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

The Ray D'Arcy show is absolutely appalling. The pretentiousness of covering issues such consumer affairs in such depth etc. is really awful. Yesterday when a concerned mother e-mailed in about her son's tattoo they had the pair on to discuss the matter. The ensuing Jerry Springer-like conversation betwee Ray and the other two was cringe-worthy.

I still haven't mentioned the choice of music. It must all come from some Best of Acoustic compilation. The cover versions he plays are all acoustic also and really dull. Take Wuthering Heights yesterday by some Reilly chap. Why bother playing a cover of a Kate Bush song by a guy with a weak voice and no imagination?
    Safe, safe, safe.
    And don't forget to throw in Mercy by Duffy each and every day and maybe a song by another Amy Winehouse-lite 'soul' 'singer'.

Furthermore, Jenny Kelly must be the most annoying person on radio and really should stick to producing or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement