Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade: What's new?

Options

Comments

seamus wrote: »
    +1 Very much needed
    From the thread on mod,it seems that the link to the original version minus the edit is only seen by the poster and presumably the mods of the forum it's posted in and the smods/cmod and admins?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Thats pretty awesome, you can even compare the two posts.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

What on earth is that little tag to the right?
    Untitled1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Maximilian wrote: »
    What on earth is that little tag to the right?

it looks like boards.ie to me. what are we looking for?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I am both scared and confused.

I don't like this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Got that reported visitor message notification too, CuLT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

you can tag posts now. I'd suggest that the ability to add tags should like the thanks system - is there any way that the tag can be linked to its creator?

abuse should mean your tagging privs are withdrawn, it could be useful if people don't take the piss.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

it looks like boards.ie to me. what are we looking for?

Monkeys.

Hmm. this looks like the work of one man....

Heuston?

Untitled2.jpg

Monkeys.

Hmm. this looks like the work of one man....
    If you have a look in AH, the tag has been added to the thread and appears like all tags on the right hand side of the title.

I wonder is it something to do with the space allowed whilst viewing it through the user CP?

• Advertisement

Heuston?

Hrm, I'm not crazy about having my name as a tag...

Ah. There we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

zAbbo wrote: »
    We can add Ronny Mitchell to the list of report spammers as well
    I swear it was an accident.

Heuston?

Untitled2.jpg

those are the tags for that thread. It would make more sense if it only had valid tags like "upgrade discussions, Cult, Dev" etc. The idea being that you click on a tag and all discussions that have been tagged with that value would be displayed from all across the site. I'm assuming you don't know what tags are btw, if you're making a subtle joke that I don't get, please forgive me.

Myth wrote: »

Well, I wouldn't be too keen on people thinking that you are in prison, like to cook, possibly cakes with or without jam, have a large wang and are gay.

Myth wrote: »

Ah. There we go.
    Lol, didn't notice that. Quite funny :)

it's the thread, not the user. Click on the "upgrade comments" link in the tag section at the bottom of this page and you'll see what I mean.

tbh wrote: »
    those are the tags for that thread. It would make more sense if it only had valid tags like "upgrade discussions, Cult, Dev" etc. The idea being that you click on a tag and all discussions that have been tagged with that value would be displayed from all across the site. I'm assuming you don't know what tags are btw, if you're making a subtle joke that I don't get, please forgive me.

I think its making sense now. I fear change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

there's a spelling button too

Tigger wrote: »
    there's a spelling button too
    Really? Where abouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

OOohhh soo much new stuff, too much to take in when im supposed to be working!!

Some errors going on with the notification system though - it isn't updating properly for me, keeps telling me I have unread PMs when I don't. Its annoying cos i keep looking thinking there is something new there :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Tags might be useful if/when people stop abusing them. I'm not crazy reading a page with the keyword "tubgirl" at work tbh :/

cornbb wrote: »
    Tags might be useful if/when people stop abusing them. I'm not crazy reading a page with the keyword "tubgirl" at work tbh :/
    I'd imagine it'll die down within the next few days tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Anyone else not able to join groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

440Hz wrote: »
    Anyone else not able to join groups?

I think it works if you refresh. I got a message telling me I did not have permission etc but I refreshed and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Are the tags supposed to appear like this? I usually use the black skin but it wasn't like this when I switched to classic...
    57406.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Exciting. Too much to take in right now!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

el_weirdo wrote: »
    Are the tags supposed to appear like this? I usually use the black skin but it wasn't like this when I switched to classic...
    57406.jpg
    Ha! I just took that screenshot too! I use blue skin and that's how the tags are for me too and it's very distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I wonder if they could put a limit on the amount of tags to a thread?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Yes, like none.

It reminds me of that godawful boardtracker.

Anyway, a well worded title covers a multitude. Relying on civic minded repliers to a thread to enter topical keywords is a non runner I think.

Advertisement