Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWF pubpoker brawl

Options
  • 31-05-2008 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Went to play a live tourney in my local in the midlands with 30 runners €20 buy in with €10 top up, my second time to play in pub in a long time, get down to the final table 4 left all in the money and this happens, UTG raises button folds sb starts counting out his chips, bb announces “if you go all-in I call”, Dealer asks “you calling his all-in” “yep” so small blind goes all-in and big blind folds, dealer announces “you called the all-in You’re all-in” Player flips and says “the chips never went over the line”, what ensued was the worst conduct I have ever seen at a poker tourney , the player picked up a pint glass and fired it at the dealer only just missing him and smashing at the feet of some girls out for a drink ,the table went into one big free for all glasses candle stick holders stools all went flying, a full on brawl kicked off , it was the first time I saw what the TD would say “the cards would be in the air at”!! Well they were, cards chips & teeth flying everywhere, unreal carry on, it moved on out side the pub and on to the road like the Wild West, won’t do any favours for the pub poker world id say, a lot of frightened people there crazy night, nothing like a game of cards & a show eh !:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

What cards did the bb have ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Be class if he had aces.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

This sounds like great craic , what pub was it ? Whens the game on again ?

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

btw which one were you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭acetking

lol back off i saw this first ,i am selling ring side seats for next week game on eBay :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

jprender wrote: »
    btw which one were you ?
    LOL, BB obviously... :D

Sounds great, although I doubt it'll have any effect on Pub Poker, this kind of thing happens in pubs up and down the country every day, this time it just happened to be Poker that kicked it off, if it wasn't that, the BB guy would probably have tried to glass someone that bumped into him and didn't apologise enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Yeah Id say people might stop drinking in Dublin too as I heard there was a fight in a pub/nightclub there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

I would not take the facts of this as 100% accurate from the OP. as I have it on good authority he could not have seen much of the fight as he was hiding in the jacks for most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

YULETIRED wrote: »
    I would not take the facts of this as 100% accurate from the OP. as I have it on good authority he could not have seen much of the fight as he was hiding in the jacks for most of it.

Yeh, since when did a €20 pub game have dealers?;)
    .....never mind 'candlestick holders'

Ste05 wrote: »
    LOL, BB obviously... :D

this time it just happened to be Poker that kicked it off,

I was not involved in the fight nor was I involved in the hand ,I just watched it all happen, my point is this time it just happened to be Poker that kicked it off, I play at least three time a week live for most of the last year and never seen this happen ,eight plus rail birds and players kick off ,most of them started trying to get the guy that fired the glass ,I play most of my poker tourneys in clubs & larger buy in tourneys.

• Advertisement

Culchie wrote: »

The guy running the tourney dealt the final table .:(

acetking wrote: »
    The guy running the tourney dealt the final table .:(

What's that got to do with candlestick holders?

lol fcuk knows :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Is BB's hand dead or just broke ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

I will transfer you $100 if you can get your hands on CCTV footage.

lol :D

Who lost the teeth? The dealer or the BB?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,170 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

For what it is worth,
    the BB was right, dealer was wrong,

He had the option to fold when action was on him. Due to his comment being onditional, and that the action hadn't taken place.
    This is not action out of turn

Mellor wrote: »
    For what it is worth,

He had the option to fold when action was on him. Due to his comment being onditional, and that the action hadn't taken place.

Lighten up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Mellor wrote: »
    For what it is worth,

QFT.

Now if only more players would follow this pioneer's example and start punishing these wayward dealers... Well within his rights IMO.

• Advertisement

Quite a good dealer training video on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWfxrPQG5U&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

• Registered Users Posts: 39,170 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Icarus152 wrote: »
    Lighten up.
    Read betwen lines,
    that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Lazare

Didn't Sammy (Jbravado) post a similar story from Oz recently? That was crazy too, there's some psyco looneys out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

acetking wrote: »
    Went to play a live tourney in my local in the midlands candle stick holders stools all went flying

I just saw midlands and candle stick holders and lol'd

I video'd the scrap from above the pub

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FKd9Ai_n_KQ

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

I saw something like this in a pub tournament in Limerick years ago. It was early doors and there were like 4 tables going on, next thing there was shouting, I looked over and some young lad and and a bald dude were pucking the heads off each other. LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Tight Ted wrote: »
    I saw something like this in a pub tournament in Limerick years ago. It was early doors and there were like 4 tables going on, next thing there was shouting, I looked over and some young lad and and a bald dude were pucking the heads off each other. LOL.

Wasn't me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Yeah Id say people might stop drinking in Dublin too as I heard there was a fight in a pub/nightclub there somewhere.

FU Joseph ya lil boleeeex

Minor altercation between a few Russians who want to sort out once and for all, which involves more skill? Tourneys or cash games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg5x5Eo43hw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Culchie wrote: »

:D:D:D
    This has got to be the funniest post ever on a poker forum anywhere.
    Nice one Mick

Advertisement