Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25% in vouchers off games consoles in Tesco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Noonzio wrote: »
    No PS3's in Dundrum, Rathmines, Rathfarnham, Nutgrove, Bray, Greystones, Wicklow or Arklow as of 8pm last night (Thursday)!! Anybody spotted one in any of the other stores? Rang a few others and they didn't even know what a PS3 was!

artane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Got sign off from the mrs, ten minutes later bought the wii bundle in artane castle. Is there anything else I should be looking to get (hardward or games that are a must) while Tescos have the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Got sign off from the mrs, ten minutes later bought the wii bundle in artane castle. Is there anything else I should be looking to get (hardward or games that are a must) while Tescos have the offer?

games for the wii? super mario galaxy is a must. you might want to buy an extra nunchuk controller too.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lockster

For the guy looking for a PS3, I was in Stillorgan at lunch time and they has a couple. They were behind the cash register in the non food shop next to Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

Noonzio wrote: »
    Why didn't you just pick up the clubcard in store, use the card stuck to the inside of the application form, and then send the application form in the next day?? I've never had a problem with any of my clubcard vouchers, nor has anyone I know.

I did use the clubcard in store, stuck to the application form, which is a temporary card, and then i completed the form and sent it in within a couple of weeks (mid December at the latest)....They messed up the processing, I made contact start of February to double check, was told the points had just been credited to me, but when I contacted again near end February the points still hadn't been credited, and the voucher posting deadline was well gone....no excuses given, lots of apologies, and not a chance of issuing the vouchers until the next mailing....in May...so now you know someone who has had problems with them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭gip

ixtlan wrote: »
    Valid until Monday or stocks last...

I'm surprised to be the first posting this....

This makes the PS3 just over 300.... I am tempted. Please talk me out of it.

Probably they will all be gone by the time I get there...

Ix

Thanking you ixtan!My son bought PS3 starter pack which included 2 games for €399.99 minus 25% in clubcard vouchers which brings price to €299.99 in Tesco Wexford,this seems to be a very good deal compared to prices anywhere else. Have just read posts about people having problems with ther club card vouchers,bought LCD television just before Christmas and received our club card vouchers about 2 weeks ago so the timing was perfect, used vouchers towards buying console. Bought console Thursday night and there were shelves of them on display.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Went to Tesco in Coonagh in Limerick last night.
    Asked the bloke stocking the games shelves how much the PS3 was and if they had any.He didnt know how much they were and if they had any left.
    He said to go to the customer service desk,so off,i went
    Low and behold,she didnt know what a PS3 was.
    I asked if she knew about the promotion...she said she did.
    I eventually explained to her what it was and she then advised she had no way of checking if she had any as she didnt have her keys....WTF.
    I then told her that i came in to spend 400 euro on one and she said she couldnt be anymore help...great customer service.

gip..what 2 games was it?ratchet and unchartered?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Tesco in Midleton had, as of last night: PS3 with Uncharted+Ratchet €469.00
    PS3 on its own €400.00, and Wii, by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Anyone know if its possible to get a 360 arcade for 150 including all the reductions now
    or am i off the mark?

gip wrote: »
    Thanking you ixtan!My son bought PS3 starter pack which included 2 games for €399.99 minus 25% in clubcard vouchers which brings price to €299.99 in Tesco Wexford,this seems to be a very good deal compared to prices anywhere else. Have just read posts about people having problems with ther club card vouchers,bought LCD television just before Christmas and received our club card vouchers about 2 weeks ago so the timing was perfect, used vouchers towards buying console. Bought console Thursday night and there were shelves of them on display.

Right,i thought i was onto a real bargain there,,ps3 for 399.99 with 2 games plus the vouchers...should of known!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Rang a few others and they didn't even know what a PS3 was!

In fairness to Tesco employees, they are a Supermarket and not all branches do electrical goods.

I've read 3 posts on boards about people having problems receiving the clubcard points. That's out of how many people who had received their points fine?
    Just write a letter to Tesco HQ in Dun Laoghaire and it will get sorted out for you.
    Tesco don't like or need bad "feedback".
    They will sort it out for you and remember they have so many people availing of the various 25% off promotions they run, there's always one or two that will not get done correctly.
    Always keep your receipt and you should never have a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Noonzio

Just to let you all know that Tesco in Arklow now have 3 or 4 PS3's

• Registered Users Posts: 45,913 ✭✭✭✭muffler

IrishMike wrote: »
    Anyone know if its possible to get a 360 arcade for 150 including all the reductions now
    or am i off the mark?
    May depend on the store. I went in to the Letterkenny branch today and the cheapest Xbox 360 console they had was €279.99 so with the 25% in vouchers was going to leave it at €209.99

Went into the Xtravision store beside Tescos and they had the same console at €199.99 but the kids opted (as they do) for the console bundle at €299.99 which included 4 games and 3 game rental vouchers.

3 of the games added up to a total of €185 and the other was some sort of quiz thingy with a couple of joypads?? or controllers - you know what I mean.

All in all a much better deal to be had in Xtravision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 GerTipp

Agreed, I was going to go for the Tecsco deal for the 360 but finshed up going with the Xtravision deal with the 4 games, gears of war, PGR4, Halo3, Forza 2
    much better value.

jackncoke wrote: »
    Went to Tesco in Coonagh in Limerick last night.
    Asked the bloke stocking the games shelves how much the PS3 was and if they had any.He didnt know how much they were and if they had any left.
    He said to go to the customer service desk,so off,i went
    Low and behold,she didnt know what a PS3 was.
    I asked if she knew about the promotion...she said she did.
    I eventually explained to her what it was and she then advised she had no way of checking if she had any as she didnt have her keys....WTF.
    I then told her that i came in to spend 400 euro on one and she said she couldnt be anymore help...great customer service.

gip..what 2 games was it?ratchet and unchartered?

Yeah jackncoke that was the two free games that came with bundle, personally think it was great deal considering price anywhere else.

Yeah jackncoke that was the two free games that came with bundle, personally think it was great deal considering price anywhere else.

Right,went into 2 different tescos yesterday.
    Both told me that for 400 you would only get the ps3 with no games,
    469 would get you the bundle with ratchet and uncharted.
    Are you sure it was only 400?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Are tescos doing the elite version of the console at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Just got a wii bundle in Artane for €119, thanks for the tip. Got the wrong mario game so will have to change it.

Just to note, there was at least one bundle left.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

sue97 wrote: »
    Just got a wii bundle in Artane for €119, thanks for the tip. Got the wrong mario game so will have to change it.

Just to note, there was at least one bundle left.

Assume you mean 319 or I'll be driving to artane

Yep 319, sorry if I gave you heart failure

• Advertisement

:D:D:D
    jackncoke wrote: »
    Right,went into 2 different tescos yesterday.
    Both told me that for 400 you would only get the ps3 with no games,
    469 would get you the bundle with ratchet and uncharted.
    Are you sure it was only 400?

Had the very same problem in Tesco store in Wexford,when scanned at till it registered €469 but pointed out that it was advertised for €399 on display. What seemed to be the problem was that display box barcode was giving wrong price and when display box was removed, barcode on inner box gave the advertised price. Was told by another customer that I could have went after them for a refund if we had actually paid for it but to be honest was happy with the deal we got.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭hamiltron

:D:D:D

Had the very same problem in Tesco store in Wexford,when scanned at till it registered €469 but pointed out that it was advertised for €399 on display. What seemed to be the problem was that display box barcode was giving wrong price and when display box was removed, barcode on inner box gave the advertised price. Was told by another customer that I could have went after them for a refund if we had actually paid for it but to be honest was happy with the deal we got.

My local Tesco put up one of those "We charge you over the advertised price and you get it for free " signs a while back... I don't suppose the one in Wexford makes a similar promise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

hamiltron wrote: »
    My local Tesco put up one of those "We charge you over the advertised price and you get it for free " signs a while back... I don't suppose the one in Wexford makes a similar promise?

Beaten to it.
    All stores have this, usually on a display at Customer Service. If they don't have a display, it still applies anyway.
    You should have both it and then strolled over to Customer Service and got a refund.
    And if that worked run over and buy ten more before they change the display price :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 DanRocksOn

Beware the tesco offer. they are selling 2006 consoles with no hdmi.
    May still be worth it for 210 but Xtravision seems better at 300 with 4 decent games

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mrquiteaguy

Hi,
    Are Tescos open today and is the offer still on if they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Yes, they are, & I believe the offer is valid until closing time today, or midnight in 24hr stores.

The offer that Tesco refund the full price if an item is incorrectly priced is finished.

Got loads of miller on a on-line shop about four weeks ago and was overcharged and was only offered the overcharge back. When I questioned, they said the full price refund offer was no longer available because of web sites in the Uk listing these errors as a money saving tool.

I remember getting four large packs of Huggie Nappies for free on this offer about six months ago, ah well those were the days.

But would still chance asking for it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

Does anyone know what happens with Clubcard points on returned items. E.g. if I bought a Wii with 25% back but returned it a day later would they cancel the vouchers I was meant to receive? I'm not doing it (I love my wii) but in theory it could be a loophole (probably isn't)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'd guess they would cancel the vouchers but if it works you know where we are ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

So I decided to skip the 25% offer last week...

Now it's back... with 30% off.

Is there a way to rename the thread?

Ix.

Advertisement