Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocoon Bar off Grafton St

Options
  • 23-12-2007 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Cocoon Bar

Went into town (city Centre) last night with my wife to meet some friends and the wouldn’t let us into Cocoon bar, Some silly American at the door told me my footwear was inappropriate, What a bunch of sad morons. I was wearing a pair of black North face sneakers that were a big help at 3 am walking home when I couldn’t get a taxi. We laughed and went elsewhere and our friends then followed us. Mr Eddie Irvine the owner is a socialite moron and I would urge you to boycott this new Ireland dump. Get a life Eddie ya spa……………..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You were wearing a pair of runners! I wouldn't have let you in either.
    Everyone knows you need to wear shoes when out on the town.

Strange first post TBH.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

a) This post has absolutely nothing to to with BGRH and:
    b) You were refused entry to Cocoon and you expect sympathy around here?

Man-up, get yourself off to a proper pub and stop bothering us with rubbish like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

i get in everywhere with runners on (cocoon included)- nike air jogging ones in fact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

empirix wrote: »
    nike air jogging
    There's a ban coming for use of foul language.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I wouldnt bother going to somewhere like cocoon in the first place tbh. Its one thing a club have a door policy but bars and stuff is just pathetic. Some people pay more for runners than others do for shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I just paint my bare feet black and then head out on the town... oh yes.

I have never heard of this Cocoon place... but I now find myself with an overwhelming urge to watch the film Cocoon, and to a lesser extent it's sequel Cocoon: The Return.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

STeve Guttenburg family films, those were the days

Whatever happened to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I believe he's living with the Antereans now...

Ibet he still has his cadet police hat on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

I just paint my bare feet black and then head out on the town... oh yes.

You saying your monkey feet aren't hairy enough to look like you're wearing shoes anyway.

Eddie Irvine was involved in a big court case with the guy who he co-owned cocoon last year and no longer has any share in the place.

I was in there once...saw Glenda Gilsons eyebrows and ran out of the place screaming for my mammy !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Several times when I've been back in Dublin I've gone up to places with a few mates, just to be told "sorry, not tonight" or some rubbish like this.

I'm 30 years old, and have never really been in much trouble before.

These guys you see on the door are very often the guys who were in the special reading classes when I was at school.

I guess they have no power in their life, so they use a crappy door job to get some.

Sometimes the owners/management are as bad, though, with crazy rules about entry standards.

I have no idea why we should beg people to let us in to a pub so we can pay more than a fiver for a pint!

Old boy bars ftw!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hmmmmmm.

Yes, yes indeed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement