Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Restaurant Near Stamullen / Balbriggan

Options
  • 01-12-2007 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,152 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone able to recommend a good restaurant for a romantic meal near Stamullen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Sleepy wrote: »
    Anyone able to recommend a good restaurant for a romantic meal near Stamullen?
    Someone on the Meath forum maybe?

All joking aside what sort of cuisine do you like? Skerries would be the closest location with some decent places to eat, I'd rule Balbriggan out to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

Bluetonic,

What would you reccomend in Skerries?

My partner and I like anything except for Indian and sushi and we are due to go for a mean during the week for my birthyday..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

d-redser wrote: »
    What would you reccomend in Skerries?
    Stoop Your Head (Stoops) over at the harbour is excellent food in a casual setting. Excellent for seafood.

The Orchard (Chinese) on Church Street is supposedly still nice. I've not eaten there in years mind you.

The Red Bank if your looking for something a bit more formal www.redbank.ie/menus.htm

Russells on Strand Street is also popular, although I've never eaten there. Food is 'European'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

The food in Blue Bar down beside the pierhouse is lovely. Its a lovely pub too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Chinafoot wrote: »
    The food in Blue Bar down beside the pierhouse is lovely. Its a lovely pub too.

I have to agree. I was surprised. nice food. nice decor. excellent service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Coast in Bettystown is fab, Pricey but really good service and very good menu. It used to be the old bachus restaurant but they have changed ownership.

Also D Vine in Drogheda, It is a little Italian on stockwell Street. They have a wine licence and the food is absolutely gorgeous, They do boards for starters, with parma ham, salami, sun dried tomatoes, cheeses, olives, Roasted peppers, pate etc and the freshest bread, The mains are all pasta based. And its cheap and cheerful..

Redz is a good choice too, this has been changed to a fully licenced restaurant downstairs. The portions are huge. Not really cosy and romantic, as it caters for a lot of large groups. But good value for what you get.

If you need anything else. Let me know!!!

Best of luck!!

Advertisement