Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good looking and stupid or intelligent and average?

Options
  • 30-11-2007 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

Whats more important in a woman/man?

Personally I'll take intelligent and average, because stupid girls, no matter how good lookin they are eventually drive you mental. Case in point you couldn't pay me to go out with jessica simpson.

Good looking and stupid or intelligent and average? 161 votes

Good Looking & Stupid
    0% 0 votes
    Intelligent & Average
    15% 25 votes
    Ugly and Stupid
    81% 132 votes
    Owns a boat
    2% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

def intelligent and average theres no point in talking to a wall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

If its a short term flinf then ill go for looks, anything longer than that then you have to go for the smarts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Good looking and intelligent.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I like stupid women they make me feel good about my own limited intelligence but Im an equal oppurtunities employer I take ugle and stupid women as well as the good looking smart ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

For me intelligence is the most attractive feature about a girl.

Actual good looks is a bonus imo.

If I can't have a conversation with someone, that isn't about fake tan, "celebs" or some other inanely silly topic, then I wouldn't tolerate them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

A stupid girl gets uglier the longer you're with her, an intelligent girl gets sexier.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

One night - good looking
    More than one nights - intelligent
    There is a life after sex...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Good looking and intelligent.;)

Come on now, thats like delicious and healthy, it should exist, but it doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

"In fact, for me to be attracted to a woman, she's got to be as intelligent, or slightly less intelligent than me." - David Brent, The Office

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

choice is a cop out.
    If good looking, she's an advantage there, but stupid is at her other scale.
    If average, she's 'not bad' and you probably would anyway, and intelligent can be a turn on.
    In other words, the poll should be:
    Good looking & Stupid
    or
    Intelligent & Darn right ugly

Now, that's where it gets tricky...

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    One night - good looking
    More than one nights - intelligent
    There is a life after sex...

If there is no good sex life is not worth living

whiskeyman wrote: »
    choice is a cop out.
    If good looking, she's an advantage there, but stupid is at her other scale.
    If average, she's 'not bad' and you probably would anyway, and intelligent can be a turn on.
    In other words, the poll should be:
    Good looking & Stupid
    or
    Intelligent & Darn right ugly

Now, that's where it gets tricky...

Hmm, should have put that all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Honestly, this thread is unintelligent.

It's operating from the premise that you'd get on better with someone of a higher intelligence, than someone of a lower intelligence, which is frankly, a load of old bollocks. Seriously, you guys think an intelligent woman can't be an outright insufferable c*nting b*tch? Likewise, a woman who might be a bit of a dullard could be the nicest, most affectionate person and you could really love.

It's also going under the notion that looks and intelligent are inversely proportionate. The sheer amount of hideous geebags running around slathered in fake tan and can barely string a few words together would seriously disprove this theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Intelligence ftw, it won't get droopy or wrinkly later in life!

It's operating from the premise that you'd get on better with someone of a higher intelligence, than someone of a lower intelligence, which is frankly, a load of old bollocks. Seriously, you guys think an intelligent woman can't be an outright insufferable c*nting b*tch? Likewise, a woman who might be a bit of a dullard could be the nicest, most affectionate person and you could really love.

It's also going under the notion that looks and intelligent are inversely proportionate. The sheer amount of hideous geebags running around slathered in fake tan and can barely string a few words together would seriously disprove this theory.

It seems to me like you have really thought about this

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

jester77 wrote: »
    Intelligence ftw, it won't get droopy or wrinkly later in life!

Ever heard of senile dementia?

I'd prefer intelligent and average myself... but for some reason I always end up with pretty girls who aren't that bright... but think they are, which is even worse...

Dear god... that Brazilian belly dancer and the arguments I'd have with her about ancient Egypt.... urgh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Normally I would say intelligence, but I don’t think it could be as black and white as that. Yes I would not want a dumb girl, but I also wouldn’t want some crazy intelligent person who couldn’t enjoy a stupid comedy, or some brainless TV every little while, or who made me feel stupid every time she opened her mouth.

However I don’t think a girl could ever be too beautiful for me.

Well I’m sure there are many girls that are too beautiful for me. But you get my idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

I know loads of good looking intelligent girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

he's right Jim. i remember reading an article which cited some academic research into the area that found better looking people on average had higher IQs. think it was in Time...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Ever heard of senile dementia?

Small chance though compared to saggy tits and droopy ass.
    ... strongly associated with age; 1% of those aged 60-65, 6% of those aged 75-79, and 45% of those aged 95 or older suffer from the syndome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

QFT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Damn my low post count! This is a perfect opportunity for the old "You must be new around here" joke - this is After Hours after all.

I agree somewhat. I think the question really is what weight do you give to intelligence and what to good looks - neither of which are going to be a great indication of the person's personality.
    It's also going under the notion that looks and intelligent are inversely proportionate.

Uhm.. no it's not. All it is asking would you prefer a good-looking dingbat or a intelligent plain Jane (or Jim). You are presented with 2 options, doesn't mean no more exist.

Me reckons you'd be bad at those "Who would you rather shag: X or Y?" games - you'd be all like "Why can't I abstain" or "But you neglecting my option of having a threesome!". :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭lucyburn

I think i've got the whole package-intelligent and good looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

lucyburn wrote: »

Also single with insatiable sex drive? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Your standards are too low. What's wrong with good looking and intelligent women?

Jackz wrote: »
    Also single with insatiable sex drive? ;)

No sorry i'm spoken for and i hope to get married in a couple of years(although he doesn't know about that yet)

lucyburn wrote: »

Too bad you haven't got modesty to go along with it.

Too bad you haven't got modesty to go along with it.

I am modest, but the truths the truth.
    Why should i lie about my beauty and intelligence?
    I suspect that your not very attractive.

Haha.. well I suspect only an idiot would declare themselves beautiful and intelligent.

• Advertisement

People missing the point. Yes there are good looking and intelligent people (I said there wasn't as a joke, so don't get pedantic) , I was just asking which you'd go for given the aforementioned option.

Advertisement