Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food During Exams

Options
  • 02-06-2007 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

I know there is already a thread on this somewhere...but dont have time to dig it out.

Just wondering what people have planned to bring into the exam hall (food and drink wise).

My plan:
    • Bottle of Lucazade Sport (non fizzy)
    • Bar of dairy milk chocolate
    • Maybe a banana
    • And peanuts

The last thing i want to be in the exam is hungry and thirsty....not the kind of things you want on your mind when you are going through a Kavanagh essay :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭cson

Jesus why don't ya have the dinner sent in while your at it!

The gulag that is my school wouldn't let us bring in even a bottle of water during the mocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Nuts would probably make you thirsty asswell.

Bottle of water and bottle of Lucozade(fizzy) for me. One for hydration, one for sugars. Not really food I dont think. I'm awkward at the best of times opening things, so I'll avoid it now. Plenty of time between exams to eat enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

No! Don't bring Lucozade! Cue sugar rush- then energy slump.

Just have water.

I'm going to stock up on animal bars, wrap them in clingfilm and break them into pieces. Foil AND paper..bit too noisy, not to mention the characteristic 'snap' of the animal bar.

So animal bars and water for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Nothing.

I've never done an exam while eating food in my life before. Why start now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

sternn wrote:
    My plan:
    • Bottle of Lucazade Sport (non fizzy)
    • Bar of dairy milk chocolate
    • Maybe a banana
    • And peanuts

When did the Leaving Cert become the Leaving Feast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Steve01 wrote:

When it became an indurance test. Bananas are great to have before the exam, they are slowly broken down by your body = a slow release of constant energy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

I just usually bring in a bottle of water into exams with me and most of the time I don't even touch it unless I'm finished early, thirst never really bothers me if I'm concentrating on getting something done although I might bring a bar of something in with me this time you know just incase

Steve01 wrote:
    LMAO! Classic!

I'm so sigging that!

LC Board quote of the year.
    sternn wrote:
    When it became an indurance test. Bananas are great to have before the exam, they are slowly broken down by your body = a slow release of constant energy.
    Lol, "endurance test".

The exams are only 2-3 hours, and time is rather generous in most.

I managed my mocks fine with no food during them....

I think many people approach taking food into the LC with a "You can bring food? Into an exam??? Oh goody!! Better stock up on chocolate!" attitude.
    It's more the novelty than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 DancingRainDrop

you can bring in food which doesn't make noises like crisps or something like that
    but as far as I've heard, food is allowed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Why not just eat before the exam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

JC 2K3 wrote:
    I think many people approach taking food into the LC with a "You can bring food? Into an exam??? Oh goody!! Better stock up on chocolate!".
    It's more the novelty than anything.

You are probably right. It is a novalty. I always nibble on peanuts in an exam, i have never had chocolate so that plan probably wont materialise.

But i always have a bottle of water and this time probably a lucazade aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 DancingRainDrop

Naikon wrote:
    Why not just eat before the exam?

personally I will be way too nervous to eat much before the exam
    and in the exam I will calm down a bit so it would be nice to have something to eat then

and besides most exams are like 3 hours long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

Bananas, for energy.... god... you'd swear you were doing something strenuous..... Its an exam... not a marathon :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

ok yeah but would all the chocolate not give you gas ??? that is one this you dont want ... GAS!!! stomach making noises etc

hah... yeah I can totally relate to the stomach noises post.... highly embarrassing.. and always happens to me :eek:

Jayeire wrote:
    hah... yeah I can totally relate to the stomach noises post.... highly embarrassing.. and always happens to me :eek:

Yeah same ere !!! does lucazade make this worse

Well I guess it cant make it any better lol!! i usually bring in a bottle of water with one of those berocca vitamin tablet things dissolved in it.... tastes good. I think its the nerves that cause my noises more than anything..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Nutri-grains ftw. And a buideal uisce too. And maybe a bowl of porridge before I go in even though I hate it. Does keep you filled up until about 1 anyway.

Jayeire wrote:
    i usually bring in a bottle of water with one of those berocca vitamin tablet things dissolved in it.... tastes good. I think its the nerves that cause my noises more than anything..!

yeah same ere nerves !!! does the tablet help reduce stomach noises

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kurisu

start any caffiene drinks before the exam (although i hear caffiene is bad makes you fidget) the caffeine takes a while to start acting on your body.

anybody feel free to correct me on this just to be safe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I'll be having a good breakfast before, and I'll still get hunger pains...that are deafening. Happened during the mocks- when food was strictly banned, why would I want it to happen again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

Didnt have a clue you could eat during an exam! Bottle of water for me and a bar of some sort, i noticed during the mock exams i was getting dizzy and unable to concentrate so i wont be taking any risks this time round!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

A biggish breakfast beforehand (black pudding/rashers, toast etc. No beans for reasons mentioned earlier!), then just a bottle of water in general, maybe wine gums for english paper 1. Creativity gums, they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Don't bring peanuts, too many people around with allergies these days, even the smell can set them off, you don't wanna be the guy that killed so-and-so while he was doing his LC, do ya?

I'll bring water and lots of it, probably a banana too.

They should make "maths formula gums".

Or love hearts, but with quotes from Macbeth :D

Honestly though, they way you guys are going on you'd think an LC exam was one of the most physically gruelling experiences possible.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

O im gonna bring in

fizzy coca bottles. (especially the pink and blue ones), YUM!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A good breakfast and a bottle of water should do it, though obviously chocolate has many non-nutritional benefits and should be included at all times.

No rustly papers though.

Don't have too heavy a lunch before an afternoon exam, the nosh and the probably stuffy room (following a day of 'Parfum du 6A') and possible high temperatures outside will make you drowsy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

If there's this heat wave as expected though, the water'll be horrible and warm and ****. Might have to bring a mini-fridge too. ;)

yeah with bulmers inside it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 leo1526

HI

Why do have to repeat the exams next year? I am , what if im sick? What if i dont do as well as i should for some unforeseen circumstances??

Thers a petition going around for the Leaving cert to have an optional repeat exams..and not 12 months later.. spread the word
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/LC2007/

Advertisement