Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Again, (again, again) it begins... (SU Elections)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Was 5pm last year with the announcement of candidates shortly after, assume same this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Yeah iirc its usually around that time outside house 6 - was the same the year prior to that too I think.

Correction: the closing time is actually 2pm on Wednesday the 7th!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭gom

xebec wrote:
    Correction: the closing time is actually 2pm on Wednesday the 7th!

The usual time for announcing nominations is 5 or 6pm at House 6 as far as I can recall.

gom wrote:
    The usual time for announcing nominations is 5 or 6pm at House 6 as far as I can recall.

'Twas, but the e-mail which came from SU-land mentioned what xebec said so it's fair to assume that it has changed.

Anyone know of anyone who has confirmed their candidancy yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭gom

I can confirm that I'm not a candidate as I have to focus my energies on preventing the SU supporting Trade Union assinations in Colombia.
    --
    Graham Ó Maonaigh

Latest SU e-mail mentions a closing time for nominations on Wednesday at 5pm, not 2pm as mentioned previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Jager Man

I just came back from exec and apparently Dave "I'll have a huge affect" Quinn was sadly mistaken and mistook information.

Closing time for nominations is still 2 pm!!!!!!!!!

For the record, I don't take kindly to double accounts, and if jager man happens to be one I will make it a point to find out, and will make it a point to name said person.

if jager man is not a double account, then I apologise.

also, if anyone doubts my ability to track down people, ask mcguirkJ :P

Jager Man wrote:
    I just came back from exec and apparently Dave "I'll have a huge affect" Quinn was sadly mistaken and mistook information.

Closing time for nominations is still 2 pm!!!!!!!!!

Hello uproar my old friend... though the Electoral Commission will probably allow forms until 5pm 'just in case'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mcguirkj

also, if anyone doubts my ability to track down people, ask mcguirkJ :P

:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

also, if anyone doubts my ability to track down people,

IP checks are tough these days eh Neil :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ip checks don't work well for this forum as most people appear from the tcd proxies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Weren't a load of labour at the exec last night?

And yes I do have to ask, I am library-nating at the moment.

Paul Mulville, Graham O'Maonigh would be my best guess - both of whom have accounts here already...hrmmm...

Could someone post the full list of nominations shortly after it's announced at 5? (I'm away today)

Still no sign of the official names on the SU website. I didn't take down names but the ones I can remember (which are missing people I don't know)...

President:

Andy Byrne
    Dave Lorrigan
    Barry Murphy
    John Treacy

Deputy President:

Conal Campbell
    Sean Conway
    Dave Lorrigan
    Neasa McGarrigle
    Claire Tighe

Education Officer:

Dave Lorrigan
    Neil McGough
    Bartley Rock
    Ross Wynne

Welfare Officer:

Jessica Campbell
    Úna Faulkner
    Ray Healy
    Dave Lorrigan

Ents Officer:

Dave Lorrigan
    Barry Keane
    Stephen Mallon
    Ed O'Riordan

Plus there's one guy trying to do a shane and go for every position.

<<note - not a 100% accurate list, think I might be missing a couple of people for ents and welfare>>

Mind if I just edit your post for accuracy Donal? can update some of the ones I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

I don't think you should be trusted with a candidate list, Mr. Candidate, we'll end up with a certain name in a pretty font and ten times the size of everyone else ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Myth wrote:
    Barry Murphy
    ENTS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Myth wrote:
    President:
    Barry Murphy

Is this a serious bid? What do people think of his chances?

stargal wrote:
    Is this a serious bid? What do people think of his chances?

I'm not completely sure. He said afterwards that it was meant as a joke but that now that his name was in there that he was thinking about it. I think he's also doing it as an experiment to see how many people will vote for him if he doesn't produce a manifesto or do anything else.

And yes, that's the present Ents Officer there Ibid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Myth wrote:
    I'm not completely sure. He said afterwards that it was meant as a joke but that now that his name was in there that he was thinking about it. I think he's also doing it as an experiment to see how many people will vote for him if he doesn't produce a manifesto or do anything else.

And yes, that's the present Ents Officer there Ibid.
    Good to see a member of the SU team treating this election with all the respect it deserves.

Kind of sums up my opinion of the SU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Danger Bob

Sabbatical Election Candidates

Hey there,

Following on from Myth's post, below are the candiates who have been nominated by ten fellow members of the Union to stand for Sabbatical Elections this year. I know this is a bit repetitive but there's a couple of extra candidates not mentioned above and you gotta keep everyone happy.

President

Andrew Byrne
    David Lorigan
    Barry Murphy
    John Tracey

Deputy President

Conal Campbell
    Sean Conway
    David Lorigan
    Neasa McGarrigle
    Claire Tighe

Education Officer

David Lorigan
    Neil McGough
    Bartley Rock
    Ross Wynne

Welfare Officer

Jessica Campbell
    Una Faulkner
    Raymond Healy
    David Lorigan
    Daire McNab

Ents Officer

Robert Donohue
    Barry Keane
    David Lorigan
    Stephen Mallon
    Ed O'Riordan

Campaigning officially begins on Monday 19th February. Polling will take place on campus between 27th February and 1st March. Polling in the affiliate colleges, in D'Olier Street, in Trinity Hall and in the teaching hospitals are still to be confirmed.

xeduCat wrote:
    I don't think you should be trusted with a candidate list, Mr. Candidate, we'll end up with a certain name in a pretty font and ten times the size of everyone else ;)
    You know, it didn't even cross my mind. goddamnit, sometimes i'm just too honest for my own good :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Nice work Ibid, who needs manifestoes when we've got BEBO!

xebec wrote:
    Nice work Ibid, who needs manifestoes when we've got BEBO!

Uh, let's hope that they've got manifestos, since judging by their Bebo pages at least 60% of the candidates are morons.
    Ibid wrote:
    Sabbatical Election Candidates

Deputy President
    Conal Campbell

That's Conal Campbell? He was at my table at the CSC awards one year and was possibly the rudest and most obnoxious person I've ever met in Trinity. Good luck to him trying to sell himself to the student body. /Roffles to self
    Deputy President
    Sean Conway

Ibid is this guy a friend of yours? I know I've spoken to him a few times but can't remember where/when

stargal wrote:
    Uh, let's hope that they've got manifestos, since judging by their Bebo pages at least 60% of the candidates are morons.

....HEY! :P

• Advertisement

Ahem. Present company excepted:p

Advertisement