Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

{Request} Anything cheap in Newry/Belfast

Options
  • 23-11-2005 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭

in particular worth getting apart from booze?
    Any recomendations on where to get WINE?
    Was going to try Sainsburys, Springfield/Sprucefield on the way back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Sainsburys in Newry is good for wine as long as you know what wines to avoid. Pick up a 6 bottle wine bag. I think you get a discount or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Was up there twice in last month strictly for booze, but wine and especially the likes of whiskey are alot cheaper. Also couldn't help myself getting a few tins of chocs which are alot cheaper as well.
    Curleys wine cellar is good as well, its in Old Creamery area, also Dunnes(Newry) would you believe it or not do good deals in off licence. Their 24 crate of Miller bottles was cheaper than Sainsburys offer by a couple of quid.

Also watch out for that special offer from sainsburys regarding 2 Quality Street tins for a tenner, on my return trip last week they went up to £12!
    Dunnes in Buttercrane(clothes shop) still has them for tenner as well as cheaper offer on Roses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

they have some pretty good pound shops and woolworths in banbridge is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

gurramok
    What rate of exchange were Sainsbury's giving can you remember as they used to give a brilliant rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭arch20000

Check out the Sainsburys Cerveza, £5 for 10 bottles of great beer. £12 (I think for 20 bottles of becks) which is good although O'Briens fine wines in Dublin sometimes do Becks as part of their €1 a bottle promotions. It's a quality beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Red Fan X5

Sainbury's were giving 0.68 pence per Euro in Sprucefield (Belfast) last Sunday.:D Would seem plausible that they would offer the same rate in their branch in Newry.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

Fireworks!!!

Index is class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

i go to sainsburys in sprucefield every couple of months for my shopping. all the food is cheaper. i buy all my non perishables up there. cleaning products etc... lisburn town centre is just around the cornor and is great also. great woolworths.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭hansov

Sainsburys exchange rate today was 67.7 pence per euro. Still greta value. Pity about the one hour traffic jam due to "emergency" roadworks north of the Ballymacscanlon roundabout :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

liamskater wrote:
    Fireworks!!!

Index is class

Index was rubbish imo and the one in newry has been taken over by argos now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

SAINSBURYS

24 x Miller Genuine Draft €19.75
    (Dublin Price €26.99)

Big savings also in Coca-Cola, Cadbury's Heroes, Roses, Quality Street, TVs DVDs and DVDRs,

actually everything except petrol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

okidoki987 wrote:
    gurramok
    What rate of exchange were Sainsbury's giving can you remember as they used to give a brilliant rate?
    Think it was 0.67, but then again i paid by cc.
    Dunnes are giving a rate of 0.70 to the euro, which is best i reckon.
    Last time i was in Sainsbury's, i got the following according to the receipt :)
    24 Kronenberg bottles for £11.66
    24 Grolsch for £12.99
    20 Bud for £10.99
    2 Cadburys Heroes for £6, also same for Quality St, Celebrations
    Roses 2.2kg tin for £10
    Also Miller 24pk for £13, 6 Heineken for £6.49(all bottles), 8x500ml Bulmers cans for £9.49 in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭NANOJO

hi you may find this site useful great for letting you know supermarket offers in uk/ni http://www.fixtureferrets.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Red Fan X5

NANOJO wrote:
    hi you may find this site useful great for letting you know supermarket offers in uk/ni http://www.fixtureferrets.co.uk/
    Nice one for that.:) I'm already planning my next trip up North.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

was in Sainsburys in newry just over a week ago:
    12 bottles wkd £10.99
    1L bottle baileys £10.99
    exchange rate 68p to €1

check out sainsburys website before you go - shows the offers

bought boots in Faith in Newry for €80 that are €111 in the Dundrum centre :eek:

Debenhams were giving 70p to the euro.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If you spend over 50 sterling in Sainsburys in Newry, you can get the new DVD Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for 9.99 GBP (15.00 euro approx).

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

was in Sainsburys in newry just over a week ago:

Debenhams were giving 70p to the euro.....

i'm from newry, and tbh they normally have a terriable rate....

Advertisement