Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Im guessing we'll need to finish 2nd (and win our QF) to get home advantage in the semi finals ? Few other scenario's if we finish 3rd etc

Leinster vs Munster final in Croke Park

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

The semi finalists who had the highest finish in the regular season will have home advantage.

There's a good chance that Munster and Leinster could meet in the semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭phog

Since the tour to SA is the first time this season that we have had impact players available for the bench, I go back to one of our CC games in Thomond Park, the weather changed in the 2nd half, our bench wasn't strong enough to hold the lead. The difference in SA was night and day. Hopefully, we do it again tomorrow evening.

The 6Ns trophy will be at Thomond Park tomorrow and will available for photo opportunities before the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

• Advertisement

Any word on how bad Hodnett's leg injury is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Great crowd. decent game and as expected Munster As had bit more power and able to up pace/tempo bit more than clubs whose set piece was under lot of pressure at times which hurt their ability to play but no surprise about that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Duggan very in from the side there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭letowski

I don’t agree with that decision tbh but we’ll take it.

• Advertisement

Thats serious ruck speed

RG on his first home start!

Frisch's alleged replacement not covering himself in glory there

Lovely try by Nash, really skint Tom Farrell on the outside there.

Thats big after an auspicious start

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

nash and now beirne have been over the ball and should have gotten a peno but never given.

Poor reffing that puts players unnecessarily in line for injury

Beautiful play by the in-form Zebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Sounded like O'Mahony and Beirne were making that exact point to the ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Great result! Move up to 2nd but it will be only briefly unless Ospreys cause a massive upset

Great evening for rugby, dry ball, sunny evening, great crowd. It wasn't a classic but some great tries. Connacht will be disappointed to not have scored one or two more tries, one after Zebo chased back to put in a huge tackle, poor option later not to pass out to an overlap.

Excellent result for Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Madeoface

Good result for Munster but not a fan of Zebo soccer player celebration at Murray's try. Trying to outdo the ash splash?

• Advertisement

The only downside for Munster is Crowley's & Ahern's injuries.

Zebo is having some great games for Munster, a few excellent passes/offloads tonight and a few brilliant tackles, at least two try saving tackles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Nash is having a great season. Fantastic player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭ersatz

Celebrating someone else scoring is a little easier to take.

Bustiest day's work for RG Snyman since..... ?..….... circa 2017??

Love seeing POM and the lads copying his little sneaky flick offloads.

Nank was outstanding at 13, and even still, Frisch brought things up a level when he came on.

Nash, JOD and Zebo all with great games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭50HX

You needed worry when Zebo retires that's the last of the players playing the game with a smile on their face & some bit of a personality.

It's a personal choice but I always liked the confidence he has to match the bit of flair.

A bit like the studio analysis it's gone out of the game

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Personally I thought the Ash Splash was fine. If you don't like it, then stop them scoring.

Zebo has been truly excellent the last few months. Seems like a completely different player from the last couple years.

Bollox. I don't like anyone doing it. It's embarrassing. I could just about see Finn Russell do it cos he's an enigma. Zebo is not. Under achieving enigma perhaps.

Good to see him play well in the twilight of his career but that kind of **** is awful. Imagine the reaction if James Lowe did that shite in thomond?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Hmmm, Zebo has always been light-hearted enough throughout his career, so I don't think it was out of character.

Dodgy celebrations aside, his handling skills are up there with the best I've seen, great playmaker and passer. He had one lovely wristy pass across the defence to set someone free down the wing to go with the feint and give later. The kids love him too, nice to see a bit of personality on the pitch.

I don't think he's that different a player to be honest, he's just doing what he does. If he was less flash he'd probably get more credit to be honest, scoring rate alone is incredible (not this season, mind… but he has created).

Would still have Haley ahead of him but a great squad member in his twilight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭leakyboots

There was an error displaying this embed.

Astute observation about the studio analysis, it's gone the Sky Sports bland platitudes route completely now. I tune out a lot now pre and post match

Advertisement