Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,375 ✭✭✭suvigirl

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Oh I think we all know the "truth" here, and it's not in any video produced by these "concerned citizens".

Is there a statement/comment from the family of the child that was allegedly subject to an attempted kidnap?

Have they spoken to Gardai?

Has ANYONE given a statement to Gardai detailing this persons alleged crimes?

**Hint the answer to all the above is NO by the way..

OR

Do we just have a video created by and featuring known racist right wing agitators claiming that this person was attempting to kidnap a child and that they and their "followers" beat the crap out of him as a result?.

Post edited by Quin_Dub on

• Registered Users Posts: 33,261 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

And yet you've been asked multiple times by multiple posters who it is and what policies they have that ySusou support and you can't!

Mad, Ted!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I went to their website and they've no policies there either.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Given the fact that one of them has been straight away identified as far right, I'm guessing the other two are pretty closely associated with her as well. So far all I've seen is a guy who likely has a drug problem being beaten to a pulp on the street.

Do you think those beating him while he was on the ground should face charges? I'm fine with the man being charged for whatever there is evidence for but not based on some pretty odd witnesses. Meanwhile we do have video evidence of a violent assault. The reality is the far right have a history of inventing abductions which you don't seem to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,375 ✭✭✭suvigirl

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Sounds like you already know who you're voting for, i dunno how you can consider options by waving a banner for someone already though.

Under do under "party principles" - basically what you'd imagine: pro-life, pro-death penalty (contradiction right there if you ask me) out of the EU, nation once again, no immigration, make irish the dominant language (doesn't say how, might involve linguisitc apartheid for all we know).

But yeah - no policies - so not even they know how they're going to do any of this even if they did get in, so I'm not sure how Beechwood knows.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Stuff like banning abortion is simple enough so I'd concede that that's a policy. Immigration is a wholly different kettle of fish. We're to leave the EU but that's basically it. What happens to people currently granted asylum and current migrants living in Ireland? Are we to leave the ECHR as well? How will we prevent new arrivals? Naval patrols?

These people struggle with English so I doubt the Irish language is a priority for them aside from abusing the term Eire.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

How long exactly do you think this "research" will take??

I would think that it should take no more than 5 minutes at most to get a solid understanding of these peoples core principals and less than that to decide if someone could align themselves with those core principals.

And given that you said that you "came here to gather insights" , let me help you out.

Their Core Principals are:-

• All "foreigners" should be removed from Ireland (and by "foreigners" they mean anyone that can't trace their family back to Cú Chulainn it seems) , even if they are citizens or were born here.
    • Womens sole purpose is pumping out "Irish" babies.
    • The Parish and the Church should be the centre of everything.
    • The restoration of the death penalty (and they have suggested many people that they'd like to see executed)
    • The complete isolation of the Nation from International trade and politics.
    • Anti-Abortion, claiming that "Neither plebiscite nor parliamentary diktat" matters (so they don't care what the majority might vote for , they just demand they get their way).

So - Do any of those sound good to you?

Any of them sound like things you couldn't get behind??

• Advertisement

I'm reading a book about the Spanish civil war and most of it would perfectly in a description of the Nationalists', Falagists' and Carlists' ideologies.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They don't appear even vaguely competent in communicating in Irish, which would make that policy rather difficult to implement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Funnily enough no. In fact the really big professional believers were revered, given prime seats at all irelands, had grown men kneel and kiss their ring, and had a big influence on government policy on a variety of social issues. In fact when they were caught out lying under oath no less at government enquiries into the child sex abuse they were guilty of covering up they claimed to have a " mental reservation " bestowed from above ! So not alone did these f*****s fell entitled to abuse kids and then cover up the abuse they also believe they can lie about it and are above the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭lmao10

Theres been a pretty clear move from the far right to try to initiate attacks on immigrants by putting out fake stories on social media over the past few days. These people need to be prosecuted when they put out these fake stories or boost them up online and I mean a jail sentence. The gardai are still asleep at the wheel. We've already had a Croatian lad brutally murdered on the street for not speaking English. You'd think that would have copped the gardai and politicians on. It's clearly going to take a Jo Cox incident before anything substantial gets done and I'd estimate 6-12 months before something like that happens.

The Jo Cox incident didn't change anything. No shortage of xenophobia and racism in the UK despite Cox's death being a clear and prominent indication of where that path leads.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You're right, people are absolutely sick of gobshites like Pepper exploiting extremely rare events for their own twisted purposes.

Basic summary is @Beechwoodspark appears to be posting far right propaganda that appears to be based on some pretty suspect witnesses. Meanwhile a violent assault did happen by the looks of it.

But they aren't a supporter and are simply seeking insights and feedback from the Internet before making an informed decision on whether to vote for the "National Party" based on them being "decent people" and "worth a look".

Or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭lmao10

"Appears to be". Not sure why there is such a reluctance to flat out call out these far right sympathisers for what they are.

@Beechwoodspark Think you've ended up unwittingly reported on a local with an intellectual disability being assaulted by the far right. So a manufactured story that highlights the kind of thugs you promote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

The National Party, Ireland First, Identity Ireland, Anti 'Corruption' Ireland, the Freedom Party and all such parties are a crowd of bigots with nothing constructive to offer … all are copied of the obnoxious Trump Republican Party and represent hatred, war, lies and intolerance …. I notice a lot of these anti-immigrant people you see around look like the lowlife drug dealers from Love/Hate ….

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

No - Gav Pepper interview is about an incident outside the Marker Hotel / Grand Canal Dock yest.

I don’t know about whatever this Newbridge thing is about unless you are trying to involve me with it somehow to drag my name down like 99percent of the posts on this thread ??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Will Pepper be doing a video on this attack, or is he part of the far-right media trying to cover up/censor what is actually happening? Scary thought.

Or maybe the perpatrators are the wrong colour for Pepper to give a toss?

https://x.com/soundmigration/status/1788880245782729133

He's from Newbridge, it's in reference to the incident you've been pushing. So the reality is you've pushed a piece of nonsense that actually involved the far right attacking an intellectually disabled man. So your poor name deserves to be besmirched given the **** you're pushing as fact.

Correction on this, it's actually a separate incident of the far right claiming a kidnapping was in progress...

Post edited by eightieschewbaccy on

Reading the details of that incident it would seem that the threat was to "cut down all their posters" with a knife and not a direct personal threat with the knife.

Not sure why it wouldn't be a crime to have a knife (if they actually had one) or if pulling down campaign posters is an offence other than possibly littering or maybe destruction of property.

Still a pretty frightening and threatening situation for someone to be in though and totally unacceptable.

For ppl who are confused - newbridge incident is separate from marker hotel incident

Also for people who are "confused".

Not a single person has come forward to provide Gardai with a shred of evidence for the claims being made in ANY of these videos.

The guy in the city centre incident was detained by the Gardai because he got stroppy/aggressive with them when they arrived on scene not because of anything alleged in the videos.

Again , despite loads of "concerned citizens" being around to make videos of other "citizens" kicking the sh!t out of people none of them were willing/able to provide any evidence or statements to support their claims of attempted kidnappings or otherwise.

Strange that…..

I would ask ppl to have a look at the interview G Pepper posted up and make your minds up.

I find the concerned women who were WITNESSES to be compelling and telling the reality of what occurred.

Then POST it!!

Also, why should we believe him? Why do YOU believe him?

• Advertisement

just to say, I have no knowledge of the newbridge incident nor did I mention it or post about it despite one poster trying to draw me into that whole incident.

Advertisement