Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Microlino, the new Isetta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yep very cool.

We talked about it recently here:

Linky

The article mentions a Europe price of USD13.6k which is EUR11.9k. If we got the full Irish EUR5k subsidy off that, it would be great value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

unkel wrote: »
    Yep very cool.

We talked about it recently here:

Linky

The article mentions a Europe price of USD13.6k which is EUR11.9k. If we got the full Irish EUR5k subsidy off that, it would be great value for money

I'm afraid EVs with a list price under €14k are not entitled to the SEAI plug-in grant.

http://www.seai.ie/grants/electric-vehicle-grants/grant-amounts/

I had no idea about the staggered subsidy setup, thanks for sharing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

unkel wrote: »
    I had no idea about the staggered subsidy setup, thanks for sharing that!

No worries, until coming across that link, I thought it was a flat 5k discount too. It wouldn't really come up much as there are no approved cars on that list under 20k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Hum,

Seems these will be about 12k and out next year. They released a funny video...

Would be a great local runabout! I"d be a bit worried about being run over in tho it's so small.

Anyone thinking of getting one of these? Could scratch the EV itch while waiting for better long range / better availability of other EVs etc ;)

webimage-2EC7AA4B-8677-4049-882BBCD656381CEF.png

• Advertisement

Oh dear, this "car" won't be out in Ireland until 2021 unfortunately. I contacted them today and got this back...
    "We hope to be ready for Ireland deliveries in 2021. We will start the production in spring 2019, and first deliver swiss clients, later german clients and slowly expand in mid 2020"

Seems very slow to hope to be ready for 2021! I am dissapoint :(

Not just the Model 3 configurator opening this week...

https://microlino-car.com/en/configurator

Comes in at nearly 20 grand when you tick all the options. At 12k I was considering it, but not a hope at 20k!

CHF12.5k ex-VAT. For base version with no options ticked.

That's €11.2k plus 23% VAT so €13.8k. No VRT.

Minus the SEAI grant. How much is that again for a car of this value?

Ah, forgot about the EV grants!! That could make it interesting again.

I've a commute of 6kms each way and seriously looking at this when they are released here :D

From above link if the price is between €14k-€15k there is a €2k grant. So tick one cheap option to make the car €14k and then you get €2k subsidy, so the Microlino would be €12k

A bit high for my liking, but it would of course cost nothing to run

Very cool yoke all the same :cool:

• Advertisement

And the long range with 14.4kWh is €2.5k more, so that would bring it a bit over €16k, so a bit over €13k net with the higher grant of €3k. Not bad.

I wonder if it can be used as a V2H battery storage? If so I could be tempted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I saw these at Geneva last year. They were cute. Maybe the models they had on display were preproduction prototypes, but they were pretty shoddily built. Which is a shame as I badly wanted to like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

boombang wrote: »
    I saw these at Geneva last year. They were cute. Maybe the models they had on display were preproduction prototypes, but they were pretty shoddily built. Which is a shame as I badly wanted to like it.

If only BMW would make a licensed copy of it like they did for original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Joseph SEE

Looks like there may not be a Microlino.

The Italian company who were going to build the cars were bought out by a German company, Artega.

Artega seems to have shafted Microlino and purposefully built substandard cars that Microlino couldn't give to their customers.

Now Artega is launching their own Microlino clone. A disgusting company by all accounts.

https://www.electrive.com/2019/06/04/microlino-opens-order-books/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭zg3409

Old thread but a new picture from NI. I am not sure if the 2018 pricing here is accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭lau1247

Funky looking but at 24K, it is on the expensive side for a small car.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 11,112 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

You're definitely paying the novelty tax

To be fair, I was cycling through Dublin yesterday and watching an Aygo zipping through traffic where SUVs couldn't get through, so there's some value in it

Said Aygo also nearly pancaked me in the cycle lane, so I would have appreciated if it was a bit smaller as well

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Over double the stated price in 2018… Not a great result

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

It’s unquestionably good looking but also unquestionably over priced - considering someone got a 2023 VW E Up on another thread for 15k the other day, it’s very hard to justify such a spend - back streets of Rome or Paris yeah lovely -would prefer to see some very practical electric mini vans made by Fiat and Citroen run around our city streets and less of the Ford transits etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Miscreant

It was never going to hit the market at that price here. Even then, it was dreamer territory. It is a shame though as I think it would sell reasonably well at about 12 to 15k but at 24k and over, forget it.

• Advertisement

That's the top spec version, you can get a base spec for €18k

Dunno what the story is with L6e vehicles here and road tax. I'm going to guess they're in the same grey area as E-scooters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭zg3409

I would not risk it without tax & insurance & driving licence. When scooters were legalised this would not be covered.

https://www.cyclingelectric.com/news/ireland-e-scooters-legal-and-rule-out-insurance-on-e-bikes

Yeah it looks like they're licensed as light quad bikes, so you'd need an AM license

Don't think they're liable for VRT but would pay €35 road tax, plus insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 15,816 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I do not know where you got the €35 road tax from it's certainly not here in Ireland anyway as the cheapest tax is €120 for any vehicle. Maybe you were thinking of quarterly payments.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

It would be taxed as a motorbike surely?

I'm talking about the Lite version to be clear, not the higher powered one which is classed as a car

@the_amazing_raisin is right. Microcars like these (and the Ami, Twizzy, etc.) are quadricycles with the same rate of motor tax as motor cycles. For electric ones it is just €35 per year

Ms

I doubt a Twizzy or an Ami could be taxed for €35 here in Ireland. That rate is for things like this below and e-scooters,

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

https://cartourismo.ie/cars/events/salon-prive-chelsea-2024/

It was at the recent Salon Privé in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Apparently yes, it can.

As far as the Department of Transport is concerned, such vehicles as the Ami and Twizy fall into the same Category A as motorbikes, and the department further notes that because the Ami has a top speed of 45km/h, you’re not allowed to drive it on motorways

• Advertisement
    Ms

Nothing there about reduced tax. The rest of the article is behind a paywall. Could you copy and paste it? Thanks.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement