Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭maebee

Harry and Meghan have publically distanced themselves from the British Royal Family, which is their right, and by extension they should relinquish their British Royal Family titles. They can't quite do that. They want their connection to the RF, without having to do the "work". It's mad. They should get real jobs. The jam business will be a failure. It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Im sure it will be someone else's fault if the business isn't successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,397 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The Royalists under instructions of William, Wooton, the guy who did the chimp drawing, and Thomas Markle of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

In fairness it’s hard for Harry not to call himself “Royal” - even if he renounces his title or whatever one does, he’s still born royal- nothing he can do about that. How about Harry, the piss artist formally known as Prince? 🤪

For me it’s about how such people struggle outside of the protected cocoon of the RF in the real world- his protests around security and the like are tone deaf around the other issues of the world. His complaining about bigger bedrooms and extra sausages at breakfast or whatever the nonsense was, just made him out to be a spoilt brat.

He has no marketable skills to speak of - he sold out his family for millions of dollars in hard cash by doing complaining interviews and writing a biography - he’s nothing left that the public wants - Meaghan can see that and is now trying to develop her own brand -most likely planning her post Harry life- like you I don’t see that being much of a success - it’s still just trading off the “royal” name even if it’s not spelt out.

Whilst there will certainly be mugs out there who will buy into this jam trash, I’d doubt it will be anything like the business Meaghan is hoping for - the launch is too drawn out - there’s clearly no quality product line coming or it’s delayed for some reason - and when it does eventually arrive I think it will be a big disappointment after all the hype and will be greatly criticised by the tabloids.

It’s painful watching two people “trying” to be relevant and liked - they could actually have been mega stars at this stage had they left quietly, didn’t complain and were just that little bit more subtle around what they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,752 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I don't think they could have been mega stars in their own right.

Harry is self-entitled, paranoid and needy, he's also ageing badly which doesn't help in the image obsessed celebrity culture they want to be part of.

Meghan is obnoxious, self-obsessed and convinced that every half-baked idea she has will be a hit.

They both seem lazy and just hungry for money to maintain a royal lifestyle they can't afford long-term. Do they ever do anything with their children? They seem to have vanished or been pulverised to make jam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Thats a nonsense comment. All we hear is people whinging about them and everything they do. Posters are whinging here about Meghan sending out a couple of jars of jam! Royal fans are whinging because Charles' jam has sold out because of Meghan. They are whinging because Meghan didn't register a website in the UK. And then M&H are blamed for whinging when it is clearly just their critics self-projecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Commenting or criticizing a couple of people in the public eye on public forums dedicated to shite like that is hardly whinging. A near 40 year old man baby still complaining about getting the smaller room and not as many sausages as his brother, and writing a whole book about it is the very definition of whinging, but ok.

Why should they relinguish the title, gifted to them by QEII?

oh I dunno- maybe it was given to them in the spirit and understanding that they would devote their lives to public service and support the reigning monarch and not for prostituting themselves to the highest bidder for personal gain, wealth accumulation and to ultimately attempt to undermine the monarchy as a whole?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I'm personally very grateful to the gruesome twosome. They have taught me about self promotion, dysfunctional families, talent agencies, royalty, Personality disorders, crazy fans, carparks, how not to do so many things, fashion houses, but mainly about charities. The last is a horrible tale of self enrichment, using the needy and tax right offs.and now we are getting a lesson in how not to set up an internet store. My main concern is the poor children. How to screw up your children in one easy step. I don't care about seeing them, they have a right to a family and heritage.

• Advertisement

No, that is not the reason it was given to him. It was given to him because he was the grandson of QEII, just like Prince Andrew (& Fergie) was gifted his title because he was QEII's son, or Lord Snowden was granted his title because he married QEII's sister (and later divorced her), or even the Duke of Windsor was granted his even though he was going away and kept out of the UK.

No, its continously complaining about them - that is the very definition of whinging.

Having read Spare, he didn't really complain about any of those things. He mentioned once about the sausages/room in a book that was published over a year ago and you are still bringing it up. He hasn't talked about it since, so how could it be whinging?

As a matter of interest, have you read Spare? It would just be interesting to know if you are speaking from your own knowledge or from what others have claimed about the memoir.

*Just as an aside, from reading the book, I think he was hurt that his bedroom in Clarence House was turned into a dressing room for Camilla.

Nope- had the Queen knew in advance they would jump ship and become slaves to the $ she wouldn’t have had any hesitation in withholding such titles

QEII probably didn't think that her son would treat her grandson so poorly - cutting off his security at short notice, evicting him from the home she had given him.

The Queen agreed to them leaving the UK and didn't give any indication that she regretted giving them a title (its sort of works that way). Where does it say that peers (or royals for that matter) can't engage in trade?

King Charles didn’t “cut off “ his security - that was a decision of the Executive Committee for the Protection of Royalty and Public Figures (Ravec), which ruled that the prince and his family should no longer get the “same degree” of protection they were previously afforded when visiting the U.K.

Nice try though 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

How do you know? My feeling was that they were all repulsed for some reason. I think there's a lot we don't know about what happened, they are too dignified to wash their dirty linen in public . I don't think the queen was a great fan and why withhold the children. Are they a bargaining chip. Give us money or you don't see the kids.

The kids from birth practically , became a “brand” with Archwell - with all their talk and arguements of the UK media wanting pictures of their new born as was tradition, they’ve not shied away from using their own kids for self publicity and making money.

I don’t envy any kid of a rich and famous parent growing up in Hollywood - it will be odds defeating if they make it to adulthood without needing therapy or drug rehabilitation .

"Cutting of security" that trope is up there with the "chimp drawing" as the ultimate red herring to chuck randomly in when you are in a hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Karppi

Ironic, not iconic

Life message for Harry. If you don’t deal with shite on your watch, it only festers.

http://archive.today/P2Wcb

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Be right back

My name would be " Bohemian hickory bungalow"...😀

love it 😀❤️

But there’s no way you’re finding out my password to my bank account 🤪

And you dismiss both as a red herring? Depiction of the child as a chimp is racist, particularly when the mother is mixed race. Cutting the security with no warning was very serious (and the funding to force Harry to remove a Palace employee's name from court papers) is just attempted blackmail.

Well it seems that the UK version of the American Riviera Orchard website has been “repurposed” into a worthwhile and effective endeavour. It takes you to a verified donation site for the Trussell Trust, a proper charity which supports a nationwide network of food banks. It’s already raised £18k + and it’s worth a visit for the comments alone.

https://americanrivieraorchard.uk

Where’s the income from the Meghan site going to go?? (Rhetorical question!)

I dismiss your repeated use of busted tropes to try and change the subject when it gets hairy.

So what is the subject? I thought this is a thread about Harry & Meghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,752 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The comments are like a written “vox pop” of people’s opinions on H&M. An informal YouGov poll 😀

• Advertisement

Its all rather sad really. There are a lot of people there donating to charity (and buying jam*) out of spite. The comments are disturbing how anyone could donate to charity and comment that they are doing it out of hatred for a mixed race woman and creating a governance problem for the charity because of the fradulent way the funds are being raised.

I don't see any demands for a statement from the Prince and Princess of Wales condemning their fans for this disgraceful behaviour (as has been demanded by H&M about the Sussex Squad) 😉

*Meghan should be getting a commission for Highgrove jam sales! It could be put into a fund for the King's grandchildren's education since he cut them off.

Advertisement