Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you like the chase?

Options
  • 31-03-2024 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

I hate games. Well I like a bit of fun and flirting but sometimes it gets annoying. Sometimes it's like... I wanted to play a game of Snap (I actually hate that game, too nerve wrecking..anyway just an example though) but it ends up I'm dragged into a game of Switch which I didn't know I was playing ...(now Switch is one of my favourite card games but not in this context)....and ultimately this leads to me playing a game of feckin Solitaire ....on my own...🙃😂

Do guys prefer to do the chasing or what? You always hear people saying 'guys like the chase'. What do the ladies think? I think a lot of guys don't like forward women. Sometimes guys say they do but in reality they dont. I need to start being a bit more gamey lol.

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭xyz13

Love it. Watch daily.

Petit a petit l'oiseau fait son nid...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

One question shoot out mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Is this Bradley Walsh we’re talking about or are we talking about women who we used to call a ‘prick tease’??

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

No

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭SimpleDimple

There’s a pause when the team buzz in that, over the course of the round, adds up to a not insignificant amount of time, giving the chaser an advantage. I think that they perfected the format in beat the chasers, bigger cash up for grabs and also the chasers have to have that conviction to buzz in quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

I'm a grown man. I don't want to be running around playing games, If i like someone, and they like me, then just cut out the other "Chase" nonsense. I think most, including me, wouldn't mind if women were more direct and approached men more often.

How old would those guys be, the ones saying it would turn them off? I'm sure there's not much of those around. I've massive respect for any man or women that just straight-up shoots their shot. I'm not a teenager anymore and if a woman wanted a chase then i'd just cut her out and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Nope, I don't do well with subtle cues. Unless you're very direct with me, I wouldn't pick up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

That's why they give one point per player head start.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭SimpleDimple

ah I know that, I suppose it’s more down to theteam knowing when to buzz in and say move on rather than waste time waiting to see if anyone answers. Also he calls out their name when they buzz, over the course of the minute and 20 or so questions that’ll add up to a few seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Who is your favourite chaser? I am a Paul Sinha fan myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,394 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

As far as longevity in a show goes; it has stood the test of time well. Absolutely love it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,549 ✭✭✭✭banie01

For me, it'd have to be Jenny Ryan, but more specifically during her only connect era😉

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

You more than make up for that in the push-backs though

• Registered Users Posts: 24,898 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m a chase fan. Sinha would be my favourite but I like Jenny, Darragh & Ann too. Bradley does an excellent job of presenting that show. 10/10… perfect judgement as to when to introduce humour, introduce more tension, empathy etc..

As for anything socially, I just can’t be arsed nowadays… I’ll make a certain level of effort but if it’s not being at least somewhat reciprocated……. I just swiftly switch off… both romantically, or just socially etc…. Life is too short. 🥳

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This.. Particularly as I've gotten older.

I've no time for guessing games, hot n cold messing, hints or other such carry on.

For me a big part of the attraction is someone who can just say what she means/wants and can make the first move if she wants to.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Big fan. I’m straight, but the Vixen is a stone cold fox. Pun intended!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Jenny is a fine woman but the Governess is a card!!! You can go for a pint with her I’d say!!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭sbs2010

Sinha is always introduced as a comedian but I've never seen him in any tv comedy show and he's not funny at all on the Chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭pavb2

What if anything would you change in The Chase? I thought if one gets back they should get four steps, two back gets 3, 3 back gets 1 and all four back gets one step.

Also what if the team had to decide which offer the player at the table had to take.

In the final round It’s a definite disadvantage waiting for the buzzer, the questions always seem to be read faster for the Chaser. The questions also seem to much harder in the shootout if the first contestants have made it back.

I also think there could be a better solution if no one gets through, at the moment if no one’s in the final chase the team votes for one player to go up against The Chaser.

Post edited by pavb2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I like Shaun myself - he has a bit of warmth about him that the others don't.

Bradley is an absolute G. The pace and precision with which he rattles off the questions during the final chase is flawless quizmaster technique.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I've never seen Shaun be horrible to contestants, the others can be like that at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Brad's facial reactions/expressions can be gas with some of the stuff contestants say.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,123 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'm partial to a bit of Darragh myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭pavb2

Yes, Darragh seems to have more empathy towards the contestants… maybe because he’s been in that position

• Registered Users Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Ride me sideways was another one

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭cnoc

I regularly watch The Chase EXCEPT when it's a "celebrity one. That for me is a no, no. If one of the contestants belches the others clap!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

He has the most annoying trait of them all though...when he is offering the highest amount he always repeats the sum. '20 thousand, 20 thousand pounds'. Fair annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 9,986 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I've been watching old series of Bridge Of Lies on Challenge recently. I find it much better and tension filled than The Chase.

I don't know if it is still going currently in the UK or has it been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Has anyone see that new quiz show with Grahame Norton. It's awful, the original was much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Can't say I've ever noticed, but I'll look out for it.

Advertisement