Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,780 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

No. That isn't even a remotely similar situation.

Talk about fuelling the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I have very little interest in the RF but this truly is a sensational twist. I can’t help but imagine that she’s being treated for something like an eating disorder or some form of breakdown.

It’s clearly something that they want suppressed. A truly bizarre decision to put out that photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

In terms of the photo one theory is it may have been an amalgam of a few different photos edited because they couldn’t get one photo with all the kids smiling the way they are in this photo.

Sounds plausible I have to say - I guess with all the talk of Catherine over the last while it’s just fuelled the speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,089 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 18,261 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It's perfectly possible there is an innocent explanation for the photo editing mishap - surprised nobody on their team though spotted the potential for controversy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

The Palace had said Catherine wouldn't be in public until Easter so they could easily have released the picture with the caveat that due to the Princess recovering from surgery they have used a picture taken last year or an edited version, people would have understood and accepted that.

Instead it feels like they tried to sneak an altered picture passed people and when questioned they go to ground & refuse to comment on it. I mean if they're trying to quell conspiracy rumours about Catherine it's completely backfired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Karppi

I agree with you, but it's disappointing to say the least that the merging wasn't done professionally. They have a superb PR team, but this is a major dropped ball by somebody.

Now, moving on...

Something else that should be asked is, has the Princess digitally altered family photos before? If not, why only start doing it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Louis had a missing finger in their Christmas card.

Oh right....that would lend credence to the botched digital editing job by the Princess then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Kate is saying she did the retouching herself. Their PR team wasn't involved. Seemingly William took the photo.

Unusual that Kate is able to wear skin tight jeans after recent abdominal surgery! She surely is superwoman with amazing healing. Surprised she isn't back to work two weeks after surgery.

And why is she not wearing her rings?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

True, what's also strange is where was altered. Why edit Charlotte's sleeve or Catherine’s zip, you'd think it would happen more to the face area.

Hard to tell, it could all be completely innocent? I think they should have just let Catherine recover in private as planned which is completely acceptable, releasing that picture just feels like they are 'protesting too much'.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,361 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Think I saw mentioned earlier that questions were raised about a family photo shortly after Princess Charlotte was born, and how they may have edited her face from another photo where she was smiling and looking at the camera.

Either way, it obviously calls into question all photos they've previously released and if/how they've been edited. A light touch up here and there, sure what about it. The thing with Charlotte's sleeve in this one though is so bizarre and not part of touching up a photo, it's far more into editing/stitching territory, and a) isn't something you'd expect the Princess to be doing herself in a photo to be officially released and especially given the nature of her recent surgery and this being her first official photo following that surgery not to mention the fact they have huge PR teams at their disposal, and b) isn't something you'd expect would be required if it was just a family photo of her and her kids on Mother's Day.

Kate saying she did it herself and just experiments with photo editing seems to be a way of dismissing the errors in the photo (her being an amateur), but doesn't explain why some of those errors occurred. Again, Charlotte's sleeve, what editing and why was any editing required there?

Actually, given that the photo may be a composite of a few different ones taken, all they'd have to do is release all the photos. At least then people could see all the photos which formed the final one.

Unless of course.... Kate herself was never in the chair to begin with....

Damn, the light is reflecting off my tin-foil hat onto the computer screen. That's annoying....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,213 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

is she just after leaving the wierdo ?

I'd say more likely that the impact of the surgery means she's still not "picture perfect", but media were raising concerns about not getting any updates about her after the surgery, so they tried to make a "perfect picture" and royally f*cked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

That edited picture is going to cause so much curious and intrigue now among the desktop detectives as to what was concealed or what deception was intended

Personally I look forward to some great entries

• Registered Users Posts: 18,377 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

There are going to be some great memes off the back of this....

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

It's interesting how the response from Catherine doesn't directly say she was the one who edited the photo. It implies it, but doesn't directly state it. Anyway, they released a photo today of her and William in a car. It's a side profile of William while Catherine is looking away from the camera. Whatever they're doing, I'm not sure it's going to quell the speculation.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 23,346 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's getting very odd now.

I can understand her not wanting to be photographed looking unwell or swollen, and having it out there forever, but it's bizarre that they released a doctored photo and thought no one would notice.

Her and William were pictured earlier, but she's looking away from the camera.

Curiouser and curiouser.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,089 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,187 ✭✭✭prunudo

I caught a snippet on the news earlier, think it was Jenny Bond, the royal correspondent. Anyway, she basically said its a non story and people need to drop it. Reading between the lines, she knows what the personal issue is, and thinks people need to back off and leave them to deal with it in private.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Who needs photoshop when you have AI :D

https://twitter.com/edwinhayward/status/1767164569330332139

• Registered Users Posts: 35,841 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I knew moment I saw it that it looked photoshopped, before anyone in media said so. It just didn't look right to be, the head size etc

So many fake hands, so little time.

It's so amateur😅😅

Charlotte's sleeve😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭JVince

I'll never understand the British fascination/infatuation with the royal family.

It's a media circus and it shows how gullible many Brits are.

Advertisement