Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 WarzoneGuy1997

Hey! Add me to the list 900-940 unfortunately 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭reddriver

Merit list

Psnaye2023 <100 

Antrimhi2000<100

Johnny990 <100

Blueandtwo1320 100-120

Narwahls 100-120

Ynwa22 150-170

Crazyfire999 160-180

New2022scs 200-220

Gooner22 220-250

Reddriver 220-240

Newsoph3 300-330

Blue_peeler 300-350

Unknown117 360-390

CG97 360-400

Bluhorse 400-430

Blair0102 470-490

Avjjken 510-530

Ciaran124 550-600

Starsky1 620-640

Thehills4 660-680

Boneyard2002 700's

mcgal16 760-790

Rouge_one 780-800

Hypomnesia 800-820

Si_zx10r 830-850

Hassauto 800-850

Warzoneguy1997 900-940

MaNUnITED2019 900-950

Summer157 950-1000

Crazyoldbird 1000's

Updated 😁

from getting the email for the PCA how many weeks later is the actual test?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭psnaye2023

I got email 27 March 2023, familiarisation 19 April 2023 and PCA was 3 May

• Registered Users Posts: 45 new2022scs

Not long.....if u need to get fit, start working now. The familiarisation will hopefully help ease my mind! :) vetting papers arrived also.....jeeeezzzzz!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 stealth299

Just trying to see what the highest ML number that’s got email for PCA is

Up to 350 but I think they’re doing it in batches

Did anyone have a particular training plan for the PCA? Looking a few different ideas instead of boring running 😂

I just did running and tbh I think that’s enough. There’s not too much strength to it, you’ve only to boost over a wall with two ledges, carry a couple dumbbells about 3 metres and drag a 37.5kg body bag about 6 metres total.

I am not strong at all and got on fine with those parts. I would say though that it knackers you out but about half way through round 2, it’s all about stamina.

Also if you’re somewhat tall make sure you can lower yourself as low as getting through the ‘landrover door’ part or crawling under the rods. I hit the rods in familiarisation twice because I was crouching, decided to change my tact to just crawling on my hands and knees and it was fine. Did hit my back off the landrover door part in the actual test and it cost me 10-15 seconds.

Just try to build your stamina.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyfire999

Yeah seriously I wouldn’t panic. I was running and running and got fed up and in the week leading up the actual test I was afraid of injuring myself so I did sweet feck all training and just went with whatever happens happens. And I passed… so don’t panic it’s acc very straight forward.

It designed to burn your legs out so don’t let it do that. Do not go full pelt on your first lap as unless you’re superman, you will be dead by the second lap. That wall is a killer and takes a lot of energy and stamina so do not over kill your first lap as come 2nd and 3rd is not good haha.

Take it easy your first lap… relax… and built it up a bit on your 2nd… keep a steady pace and focus… and on your third.. GIVE IT EVERYTHING!!! Run and go for it.

I had the same problem as psnaye2023 - I actually had to re-do the long jump (yes, like who does that wrong?) but on my 3rd lap I was tired and started to shut down so I couldn’t jump and didn’t jump far enough so I had to re do it… I also flew over the balance block and came off it so also had to re-do that… so that was two obstacles I had to re-do… I thought at that point I had maybe messed up but no I still passed. It’s not easy, but it’s not difficult. I’m no athlete in anyway shape or form haha.

I found the best way to crawl is go on my hands and knees also as that way it was safe and nothing was going to fall. You might think it slows you down but it doesn’t. It’s all about tactics and that’s why the familiarity day is good. That’s the day you work it out.

Sprint and time yourself. You have 4 mins 30 seconds… that’s an eternity. It really is. In the college it’s 4… so try and sprint and aim for less than 4 minutes. That way anything beyond that is lives.

I think when I completed mine in May, everyone with me on the day passed. They don’t let you open your envelope until your gone out the gate. That way I suppose there’s no conflict.

I wouldn’t go and buy new running shoes etc btw. Wear your old shoes if need be. Something your feet and you are both used to and comfortable in. You want to pass this so you want to keep yourself in your comfort zone as much as you can.

Also, this is your last physical thing. Everything else is out of your hands really. Well, you will know yourself if you’re going to fail the drugs test. I think if you’re going forward itching about that, well then you probably shouldn’t be going forward. However, everything else is out of your hands. So one last physical hurdle really 💪🏼

Post edited by crazyfire999 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ynwa22

Just did running, some sprints and the most basic weight lifting in house to condition a bit as I hadn't did nothing in quite a while 😅😅😅

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gblue99

Hi everyone, just found out about this forum today and had a good read through which has helped with some questions I’ve struggled to get answers to. I’m 880-900 on the ml so I’m assuming still a bit of time to go, glad to receive the progression email last week finally what looks like some positive news compared to what we have all had in the past 2 years!

Well folks, that’s us back. Be very interesting to see what’s included for PSNI in this deal. Could very well be the ball rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anonymous4321

Did the dup go back? Ive been out of the loop

Few threads to untangle, but it seems yes at this stage.

Thank god. 2 years too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ynwa22

Things moving very quickly

Is the resource plan meeting for 24/25 on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stealth299

Think it’s meant to be, but if they’d any sense you’d think they’d delay it til it’s a bit clearer what’s going on with stormont

Yes there’s a meeting 11:30-12:30 tomorrow live on PB YouTube

• Advertisement

A report by the Northern Ireland Affairs Committee recommends the government ensures the PSNI receives more funding this year and beyond, not only to address pay issues, but to increase headcount to at least 7,500.

They usually get about 800 million, the report recommends even more this year.

The report also says the PSNI should receive extra funding to allow it to have seven-and-a half thousand officers.

Media will be reporting on it tomorrow.

So those in the late merit list numbers, get ready!

Cheers crazyfire, can you source it so we can have a read?

Asked my source, I believe it’s a report on paramilitaries but this is referenced in the report. Not sure it’s been published yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Starsky1

does Anyone know what sizes the classes will be each month come April?

@Starsky1 Nah it won’t become clear though could be between 30-35 or up to 51 based on past instances

I heard it was going to be 34 but that was pre stormont return, so could be higher than that now?

Where’d you hear that?

Has anyone recently in the last two or three weeks received anything re vetting? (Those who submitted vetting last year)

I’ve not heard a dicky bird…

great to see Sinn Fein now using psni cpu - times are changing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 zetap

Hi all- I'm new to this forum, I'm <50 on ML- submitted vetting in April last year and haven't heard a thing either.

Advertisement