Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I’m currently watching/reading/listening to?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,123 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

A very good Ross O Carroll Kelly this week... the Christmas Pudding... I think you can listen without having followed the series... its a short story in itself.

https://shows.acast.com/ross-ocarroll-kelly/episodes/if-you-have-to-hide-a-cash-incentive-inside-a-food-its-almos

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Sky Arts Classic Christmas... I saw it last year and it was repeated on the 7am slot during the week - slot to keep an eye on.

Tokio Myers with a sweeping piano version of Walking in the Air

A lively version of Christmas Sleigh Ride by Leroy Anderson

This is a simpler version from Tokio Myers

https://youtu.be/oiOS748uQqs

RTE radio Sunday Miscellany has a Christmas themed episode of monologues and christmas tunes from the National Concert Hall

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radio1/sunday-miscellany/programmes/2021/1219/1267608-sunday-miscellany-sunday-19-december-2021/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Added a few new Christmas Podcasts to my queue of Podcasts, using the Christmas ones to help bridge the gap between Christmas season and return to normality.

I will report in if any of the new ones are worth a listen!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭DvB

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Am up to date on all the Christmas podcasts I listen to throughout the year but noticed that Merry Britsmas haven't had a new once since the short one in December, this is the longest he's gone post Christmas without a new episode so I hope its not a sign that there'll be no more episodes as I enjoy his podcasts, being UK based its closer to home in terms of traditions & suchlike than the American ones.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Good shout! I really enjoy merry Britmas myself.

Ive messaged him to see if everything is alright. I’ll keep ye updated.

Ooh, didn't realise you were on messaging terms! I'm impressed😉

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

That’s our @Loughc 👍😉 Mingles with the best of them 😄

I reached out to him a while back and he was very kind in helping and producing some podcast episodes I did. Then baby came along and they've sat there un-edited since.... and most if not all are extremely dated by now haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Ah boo, I thought there was secret Christmas mods/podcasters society that you were members of!

Well there is we meet once a month.... we have plans to overthrow Halloween....

Oh I've said too much....

Was listening to the OST from the polar express the other day & went down the Josh Groban wormhole to discover he has a christmas album (Noel) and the deluxe edition has 'Believe' from the polar express is included on it (it hadn't been on the original album release)... had a listen yesterday & its a fabulous addition to the christmas selection, cant believe I'd missed it up until now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

So I’m 15 seasons late to the series, but currently binging on Supernatural on Amazon Prime which I started last week. Currently up to season 3, as I type & with the dark winter nights in full flow now, it’ll keep me going now until the big Christmas tv specials start arriving

I had this show on my watchlist about 15 years ago but never got around to watching it. I’m giving up hope seeing how many shows I’m currently not watching or behind on 😂😂

Re Supernatural... watch a few episodes or one season of it, around Halloween and 'absorb its essence' and be strict with yourself on whether to keep watching. So much good content out there need to be choosy which series you commit to for the long haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

I can relate, I am so behind on most of what everyone else has watched to date, I’m completely out of the loop when everyone else is discussing them, suppose we have the advantage now in that now that they’ve finished production, we can watch it in one go back to back instead of having to wait for a new series to be filmed & released. I actually prefer it that way.

I've been prioritising new releases to avoid spoilers \ can discuss it with people.

If there's a show that looks good but it's not on that buzz radar, I find it gets further and further back in my queue.

There was some Halloween themed viewing - Cabinet of Curiosities, some haunted history docs.

And incoming is a world cup and christmas TV specials...

Reading Charles Dickens ' A Christmas carol' atm, such a classic, had forgotten how good (& how short) it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I was amazed when I got it myself a few years back. Word for word it's the films / shows as well. Thought they were just adaptions or something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I haven't actually read this for years, must dig it out and reread it. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Same. I know my Dad has a small red hardback version as he was reading it last Christmas. I must ask him if i can borrow it.

Finally getting round to watching the final season of the walking dead.

When it moved from Fox to Disney plus I never really got around to it. TWD Got tiresome toward the end of season 7 onwards. But I came this far I best see it out now.

We're watching lockwood and co. on netflix with the kids, 6 episodes in and we're all enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

2 episodes in with the youngest. I'm enjoying it, he's on the fence, a little spooky for him.

We said something similar and ours are 12!! But they seem fine with it and are looking forward to the last 2 episodes.

Only started watching Top Boy on Netflix while doing the night feeds. Great watch I must say.

Started reading 'Wish you were here yet?' by James Crookes, its the last in the 'Do they know its Christmas yet' trilogy.

Enjoyed the first 2 as a bit of light reading, trying to get back into reading more, I used to read loads when I was getting the train to & from work but what with driving in nowadays I don't get the chance as much. So my plan for 2024 is to read at least 6 books from the pile of unread books I have here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Just finished watching this.. absolutely marvellous. Footage done in ultra hd and colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭BK5

Watched it a few years ago and loved it. If I remember rightly, Season 2 is called Top Boy and Season 1 is called Top Boy Summerhouse?

Advertisement