Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supernatural Season 15 The Final Season (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Can't believe they went there - I don't know if I'm happy with that episode, mixed emotions

• Registered Users Posts: 60,377 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A Butch and Sundance ending would have been the way to go for me.

Maybe should have just left it with last weeks episode as the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Am I the only one who found that hard to watch?

It started off as monster of the week, but ended.... well, jesus, I'm shook. :(

The Long Road Home was a good watch too. If Supernatural ever lands on Netflix, I'm in trouble. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

2 things distracted from the mid episode event:
    It's Supernatural so good chance it won't stick or Jack or someone will come along and save him.

And constantly thinking "Is this where they'll play Carry On Wayward Song?"

Seems some aren't liking it but I thought it was really good. I would see last week as the finale and this as an epilogue of sorts.

Felt very like the Six feet Under ending though they should've rethought the grey hair. I'd say he would've got a haircut instead of having that.
    Too bad Shoshannah Stern didn't come back. Would've been nice to see her with Sam after the funeral. Of course there was blurry Eileen

Well we got trees so lumberjack ending? :D

And what kind of names are Kripke and Singer? Sound made up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I don't think there was any need for it really, just end on last week's episode.

Or do it differently...I did like the last 20mins, Sam having his life etc. Dean's death didn't do anything for me, it just seemed shoe horned in there. They go through all that and he dies by some vamps (I get they were trying to say he died doing what they started doing, hunting things but it was flat). They should have had him die at the hands of chuck last week before Jack defeats Chuck and becomes god. Would have worked a lot better. Then do the heaven ending etc.

Still though 15 seasons is some going and there were more highs than lows and overall was a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dean saying Sammy :(

I'm still crying

#ThankYouSupernatural

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

That episode was trash I thought. Should have ended it after last week's ending, I thought that would have been a perfect ending.

This just didn't work for me. Like all the stuff they've gone through and survived and that kills Dean. Nah, meh to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Left the final 7 episodes for one big binge today. I really loved that they wrapped up the big bad series arc in Episode 19 and then we had a nice Coda for the finale - really worked for me, and I'm glad it was a simple case of the week that served as Dean's last hurrah, brought the show back to its roots, and I prefer that sort of understated and almost mundane departure for him rather than going out in an epic fight against God.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I liked it and agree that it's better almost to die on one of his standard hunts. It's not even that he couldn't have been saved - he didn't want to be anymore. It's a big difference.

Great to have a solid Original Bobby cameo too, very fitting. I'm guessing they couldn't get Eileen back, so shoved her into a hazy background.

320 episodes on and they were never going to please everyone but they pleased us here in this house and that's ultimately what matters to this fan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

There's 3 of us in the house that'll always have good memories of Supernatural and there was 3 different reactions to that from flat out bawling (wifey) to crying and shouting at the TV (daughter) to stoically letting a tear or 2 fall (me). Having had time to digest it this is the way they had to end it.
    Dean had to die so Sam could live his life have kids the dog the white picket fence type of thing and the beauty of time passing differently in heaven meant for Dean while Sammy was doing all of this Dean went for a little spin in baby.

Also, as someone else pointed out, it was Chuck who looked after them and kept them ultimately safe just to satisfy his story. No Chuck, no easy outs or escapes anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say we might have seen more people back if not for the pandemic.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'd say we might have seen more people back if not for the pandemic.

Yes I think the same

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

Personally - I loved it. Bawled the whole way through it.
    I thought dean with the vamps was the perfect way to end it. I find Jared a mediocre actor at the best of times, but even he pulled it out of the bag. I think I went into the episode with zero preconceived notions so I ended up being pretty happy with it.
    Loved the time lapse while dean was driving, although Sam's hair!!! yeah LOL. terrible.

All in all I'm going to miss it so much. I've been invested with 15 years . It's going to be hard not to have it to look forward to.
    Back to the first season I go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

I don't think I'd do a rewatch myself. Stargate and House the only 2 shows i ever rewatched all of.

Great series, greand ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

great series , I loved the ending , more than a few tears during brothers in arms and then full waterworks during wayward son.

I thought the first 4 seasons were so perfect they could have ended it then and go down as one of the greatest series ever.But i am glad they continued ,of course some seasons were much weaker than others but at 15 years I cannot think any show will ever run as long and as strong as Supernatural did , everyone involved deserves massive credit and I wish them all the best in their next endeavors .

Carry on .

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

OMG did not see that coming, I absolutely fooking bawled the whole way through it, absolutely ugly cry. I felt they could have left it at last week, but I did get the ‘why’.
    Sammy got the life he always wanted and a family, likes that the son had a Mark protecting him. Dean was in a real ‘heaven’. Raging raging raging Crowley didn’t make a cameo, I really am. I was expecting him to arrive to make a deal, again maybe c19 ruined any sort of ending

It has been a great 15 years, will really miss it and the boys, been a great ride and thank fook they didn’t make a balls of it like Dexter!

All 327 episodes ranked in order by EW.
    I just skipped to the top 30. :)

Some great episodes in there that I've completely forgotten

https://ew.com/tv/supernatural-episodes-ranked/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Gotta love the Reddit comments on the finale.
    People screaming and bawling their eyes out at it ffs.
    I’ve followed Supernatural for the past 15 years and the show has been dead for the past 4-5 seasons just barely hanging on.
    Also Dean and Sam have died a shedload of times and God always brought him back so it was nice to see him being killed in a low stakes vampire gig as more than likely they were killed before in them but don’t have God to save them now.
    And Christ that speech by Dean...longest ‘ I’m fading fast Sam speech’ ever.

• Advertisement

Heart of stone, Blazer. Heart of stone. :o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I was bawling blazer, couldn’t help it, especially when it was clear he wasn’t coming back. They’d been through so much and Sam was alone now, got me in the feels anyway.

Supernatural’ Prequel ‘The Winchesters’ In Works At the CW From Jensen & Danneel Ackles

The prequel will focus on Sam and Dean’s parents and Jensen Ackles will reprise his role as Dean Winchester as the narrator

Deadline

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Supernatural’ Prequel ‘The Winchesters’ In Works At the CW From Jensen & Danneel Ackles

The prequel will focus on Sam and Dean’s parents and Jensen Ackles will reprise his role as Dean Winchester as the narrator

Deadline

They do a prequel, which generally don't work, but passed on Wayward Sisters? Eugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,240 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I miss this show.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,377 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just came on to post that! I thought they were super tight with each other.

What is he gutted about?

FFVII wrote: »
    What is he gutted about?

Ooh i see.

Guys are like teenage girls on there

Pathetic

• Advertisement

Advertisement