Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the ugliest new money apartment you have ever seen?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

Haha! It’s decorated by Kingston Lafferty according to the ad. They’re probably the biggest name in interior design in the country right now!

Not to my taste either..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I certainly don't have that kind of money so spend but I like quite a lot about it, thought not everything. There's a cool 70s chic about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Baybay

I’m sure it cost a fortune to have that done to the inside of it but it wouldn’t be for me, even if I could afford it. Too many colours & patterns, not to mention angles & shapes, it almost made me dizzy just looking at the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Jesus Christ. Money cannot buy taste. That's horrific. Good luck dropping your phone in any of the main rooms

• Registered Users Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭phormium

I love colour, none of that grey everywhere stuff for me but this is taking it to the extreme, might live with the kitchen but that would be about it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

It's not the worst in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭brokenbad

I would have migraines from the loud colour scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

Progress folks. Mixed density and the norm in western cities and large towns.

Yes, a million miles away from the village type atmosphere that the Dundrum types want to protect.

If you want to live in a village, go and live in an actual one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

I would imagine a lot of the furniture is for staging so that won’t be there when purchased. Don’t like the bathrooms, but the rest is ok. Not 1.75 million ok though. It looks like a place someone bought who doesn’t live there much as in travels a lot and they just told the interior designers to do whatever they wanted…..

• Administrators Posts: 53,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The only room I really dislike is the red living room tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

It gives me an idea for a film. A drug dealer is ambushed by a rival gang who ritually execute him before being attacked by an alien monster that is seemingly invisible...oh wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Manky. Not worth half what is being asked.

• Administrators Posts: 53,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I honestly don't understand why very wealthy people spend money on things like that apartment. For 1.7 million, I'd buy myself a nice old house in Dublin and do it up in a classic style and invest the remainder into something more useful than a glam rock palace. I suppose to some people, however, 1.7 million is an impulse buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,542 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Ballsy in Ballsbridge. How dare they!

It's opulent to the extreme, but it's self contained in an apartment. I've seen much worse vulgarity in Ireland.

Sad to see the sale ruined by people on this thread that would have otherwise bought it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭OEP

That is horrendous. What's more surprising is that most people here don't mind it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

😀 Lols.

I'd be freaked out by seeing myself in the shiny walls all the time as i walk past.

I've been learning a lot about sensory input recently. E.g. some people need to work with background music, some people hate that. Some people crave bright light during the day, some can't leave the house without sunglasses etc etc. I guess it's no different with colours. Some people would find the standard muted colours in a house don't give them enough visual input. So they decorate their house in bright colours and that gives them the level of visual input they need to be comfortable in the house.

The clashing colours from room to room, the brightness of them and the reflecting surfaces would give me far too much visual input, which I think is why I am so adverse to this design. It actually makes my skin crawl. But there'll be others who love it. There'll be others again who aren't particularly put off by it, but are attracted to the apartment because every euro that was spent on it is so clearly on display, and they like the ostentatiousness of that.

In every way, not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Avant Garde!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Lansdowne Place, D4.

These are "hot" properties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

There's a high level of craftsmanship on show there, just a shame that many elements are gaudy in the extreme.

I don't get this. I don't mind how anyone decorates their homes interior. You shouldn't let this sort of thing get to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Same as myself. I like the art deco style throughout but the living room is the only letdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭herbalplants

It is without a doubt, Vulgar.

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭thehairygrape

It’s interesting anyway. Don’t think I could deal with that much colour and I’d definitely develop constipation if I had to use that bathroom, but I admire the sheer vulgarity in a way.

the complex itself looks nice. Way, way out of my league.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Looking at the thread title, I thought how bad could it possibly be.

It's Bad. Needs to be ripped apart.

MORE BEIGE!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭Be right back

It gives me a migraine just looking at those patterns and awful colour schemes..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭AngryLips

It's not that bad. But for what they probably spent on it, it's not great either. It's not a livable space and it looks like no one lives there. Why is there a door between the two bedrooms? Why are there seats in the living room that look like they've been designed to torture guests? Why are there fake plastic plants hanging on the ceiling? Why is everything in the kitchen designed like they're ashamed about owning a kitchen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

It does have a particular style but imo a bloody awful one. It looks like the remit was to take the most expensive materials and jamb in as many in as many different colours as possible.

With a little less effort to use so many expensive materials and with a little more style that could have been made a very effect modern Art Deco style.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement