Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Good job it wasn’t a question for the survey 🤣

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭bmc58

You're right.There was no back option in this new type of RED C survey.I was worried if there was a question on who it was.But got my reward so all's well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

It's okm I missed what they said. Did it in the canteen with the volume down.

Could be disturbing my colleagues while they dove into their salad boxes 😄

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Had nothing but issues. All programmes halt after 7 minutes. So eh yeah. Contacted them and I wont be bothering much more with it

Keeps saying it can't detect my face , asks to resume and then it goes back to the video selection screen and I restart the video from the beginning. A total waste of time.

Remote is laggy and a nightmare to use.

Not to impressed with it so far.

At least I get my 25e for setting it up.

Got this response back. I tried again having moved closer to the tv with the same results.

Anyway I'm out.

Thank you for reaching out, and I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience.

When using the remote control, please ensure that you point it towards the TV box to get good reception, but thanks for the feedback. This will be considered for future improvements.

The study requires face recognition while viewing the content. If the app cannot detect a face halfway through the program, it will display a pop-up message offering you the option to exit or resume. However, resuming means starting the program over, as no face was detected for the first half of the session.

I assume you are in the room the whole time. However, your face might not be getting detected where you are seated. Could you please confirm if this is not the case? We recommend placing the webcam on top of your TV, as close to the centre of the screen. It would be great if you could sit across from the TV, facing it. 

'Stuck' runs for 14 minutes, which is why the pop-up message appears around 7 minutes if the device cannot detect a face.

I apologise for all the inconvenience. I hope this clarifies the requirements. If you come across the same problem despite adhering to the requirements, please inform me so that I can raise it to our tech team.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I'm glad I said No to it. That's a bag of frogs. Not worth the bother

A further email and mine to them.

Thank you for the feedback. I didn't mean to suggest it was a user issue with the remote. It just behaves oddly when not pointed towards the box.

Please leave this matter with me. I will raise the issue with our tech team today to check the backend. I will provide you with an update shortly. I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

Kat from Amplified Intelligence

On Mon, 25 Sep at 5:40 AM ,

Thanks for your email. 

I do know how to use a remote control. The issue is the hardware and not the user 

Regards the webcam , Im in the room and even moved closer to the tv.

The only way I was able to get some continuity with the program was to stand up and walk closer to the tv and camera which is in the optimum position. This is not ideal and I'm sure not what's intended by your company.

Having suffered three more restarts I won't be continuing in the study.

If my experience was isolated, I might accept my use being the issue but from content of fora I'm active on, these problems are widespread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

I emailed them and got a response that I am part of the live tv survey. So I just switch to normal tv once I’ve logged in (which I have been doing).

Im not meant to watch those short videos like some of you.

Just got an email from RedC. Default reward is points which brings me to another 50e card in October 😁

Dear RED C LIVE member,

Many thanks for successfully installing the device and logging in, completing the first stage of this exciting project. Your participation is extremely valuable and is helping us to better understand viewing behaviours in Ireland.

As mentioned at the recruitment stage, you now qualify for the first incentive of €25.

1. Cheque (to be issued 1st week of October)
    2. Virtual Mastercard (to be issued 1st week of October)
    3. Points credited to your RED C Live account (by 29th September)

Kindly choose one of these payment methods by replying to this email with either 1) Cheque, 2) Virtual Mastercard or 3) Points latest by the 28th of September.

For this particular job, our preferred as well as default method of payment is Points credited to your RED C Live account. Please note that if we do not hear from you by the 28th, we will proceed to credit your account with 25 points by the end of this week (so that in case you reach the payment threshold of 50 points in September) you will be paid in October.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The box was updated yesterday and I got a qr code after watching a programme. Havent received a qr code for other programmes... complete waste of time

They've admitted to a glitch. I need to reset my box.

Could you please reset the TV box by following the steps from the attached document. It should only take a minute. After resetting the device, you're welcome to try another session at your convenience.

While watching, the webcam will attempt to detect your face and display a pop-up message if it cannot do so. However, a glitch has caused the issue. Let me know how it goes once the device has been reset.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Any signe of a pay out from RED C for anyone for last month yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

i got a e50 perx card a couple of days ao and spent it on an aldi gift card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Got the €30 gift card for refresh me, handy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭SourSessions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I did also but it is a fairly lame list of options to spend it with!!

• Advertisement

Cheques will usualy take longer.At least there paying out in some form.

Anyone unable to signe in to Toluna today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Just noticed my 25 points for the initial set up with the TV spy thing has been added to my Red C balance . Another payout this month. Hopefully they have Revolut working by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭SourSessions

RedC cheque came today. Requested the cheque from TV people so we'll see when that comes in.

Got my 25 points bring me to 54 with another 7 from 2 surveys today.

They seem to have sorted out the issues with the new update. Remote is working but I've not looked at anything yet.

Got mt RED C cheque today also.I'll give them my bank acc number when their site allows it.It will be faster for the payout when you get to the €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Agree, pretty poor alright. Tesco for me I think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I'm on 48 (again 🙄). Thought I had crossed the line today but it was a partner survey.

🤞 for tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Has Acumen been very slow for anyone else recently? My last survey from them was an ESRI one at the start of the month, for which I was ineligible.

I even emailed to ask if there are any issues with my account. No response so far.

Advertisement