Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

can recommend the ‘long chips’, bacon flavour, very easy to eat and not too bad at 99c. They were in the middle aisle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Has anyone spotted Langhams Grain free dog food?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

An unrecommendation: Specially selected beef and red wine filled pasta. like big ravioli, would not buy again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭con747

I bought these https://groceries.aldi.ie/en-GB/p-4-crispy-chicken-strips-bbq-dip230g-oakhurst/5019101305643 because for the price I expected them to be worth the cost in the flavour and coating. Nope, don't waste your money when you can get these https://groceries.aldi.ie/en-GB/p-breaded-chicken-fillet-goujons-gluten-free-400g-roosters/4088600039640 for a few cent more and nearly twice the weight.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Juran

Aldi fresh pizza dough gets a thumbs up in our house.

Tip: use quality pasta sause with basil (aldi or other brands).

Use aldi shredded mozzeralla bag. The first time I used the fresh mozza balls .. they seem to evaporate, didnt even see or taste the cheese. Next few times i used shredded mozza from the bag, came out lovely.

I just chuck on bits of ham, peppers, pineapple, anything you want.

Tip: can of aldi pineapple rings .. freeze what you dont use in a sandwich bag. Take a ring or two outfor your next pizza and chop it up. Easy to cut up while frozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭.red.

The cheap mozzarella balls in the white bags aren't great, no taste off them. Try the more expensive one, in a blue bag. Much nicer and worth the extra money.

I got a tip off a friend who used to work in a proper pizza place. Cut the mozzarella balls into about 12/16 small chunks. Get some of the grated/bagged mozzarella but stick it into a blender so it's almost like breadcrumbs. Sprinkle that on sparingly and add some of the chunks with it. Just make sure you don't put on too much, he reckoned if it looks a bit miserly with the cheese you've got it right. We'd get 2 pizzas (maybe 3 at a push) from the one mozzarella ball.

It's a game changer in our house. We do pizzas with our own dough about every second week all thru the year, we use the BBQ with a pizza stone and they cook in about 2 min 30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭ilovetorun

I presume it's chilled dough? Must give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

All that kind of precooked meat stuff in Aldi is absolutely shocking quality, literally tastes like dogfood smells, I dont go anywhere near it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭squonk

Where is the pizza dough? Been looking around fur some but only ever saw tge pre-made based in Aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

When doing pizza sprinkle on a small pinch of dry Oregano to finish it off

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Moving2017

It’s by the fresh ready meals/coleslaw/hummus in my local.

Are these actual dough balls or the square ready rolled pizza dough?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Moving2017

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

The sourdough pizza bases are gorgeous. Crank up your oven to 250 or higher and they come out lovely. Nice and thin too

Oh yes. I got an Ooni recently so tried it out with one of those bases last weekend. Cane out lovely.

Roll of dough in the fridge. My local.Aldi has dough and fresh pastry next to the butters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

The irish smoked mackerel in the fridge is lovely. It's a little bit expensive but it can be eaten hot and cold so nice for a sandwich for lunch or with some spuds and veg for dinner.

McGraths gold label teabags are good.

Junk food recommendations - the Choceur milk chocolate bar in the cardboard box is really nice, spuddys cheese and onion crisps too, also the deluxe gummy sour strawberries.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,711 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Do Aldi sell Suger free yogurts?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Has anyone tried the Wagyu beef burgers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

McGraths gold label teabags are good.

Haven't seen these for some time, are they still available? They have a different Gold Label that aren't as good as McGraths.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Not yet but will definitely pick them up if there's some left when I go shopping later. These limited edition specials never last long

Aldi Madeleines, 10 pack for €2.49.

I got them this week, lovely and light. They are in the cake section.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Has anyone seen the kind bar dupes - the peanut/sea salted nut bars in the pack of 4 for 3 euro recently? They have vanished in my store for approx 2 months now. They were lovely and much cheaper than kind bars - they were beside the biscuits and gluten free snacks section

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭con747

The brother got them and said well worth it, but be careful not to overcook them. He used a cheese melting dome on them in the frying pan and said a lot of fat came out of them but were very nice. I tried 3 Aldi's and no joy getting them yet.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

I had the Wagyu burgers yesterday. Just did them on a medium grill for 25 minutes as per the instructions. All the family agreed they were excellent. Definitely a step up.

I had tge saggy burgers myself earlier. I did them in the air fryer for about 20 minutes and they were nice but there was a heck of a lot of fat in the bottom tray when I checked later. I did add cheese to the tops which melted a bit and I’m definitely a sucriber to the fat I’d flavour view of the world but even so it was a bit much for my taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭cobham

I think I saw those nut bars in the section with breakfast cereal/muesli.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,396 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The “Harvest Morn Benefit” breakfast bars are simply delicious

Advertisement