Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Teresa94

So strange Trisha, it's like they've come to a complete halt

• Registered Users Posts: 7 eamondevaney

Would anyone be willing to share the assessment information booklets from this competition?

Just curious about what company provided the psychometric testing to PAS?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CP2016

Anyone interviewing at the moment for Cork? Any idea of turnaround time for interview results? I didn’t get a chance to ask at the end of my interview and hoping I won’t be waiting too long to hear. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rebel90

Waiting for call to interview yet for Cork, seems to be chugging along now though….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WHIreland

Anyone have any interviews questions they were asked? Mainly in terms of leadership. Any tricks to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭jaffa20

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shardor18

Yes I was told about 2 weeks for results.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Does anyone know what they are on for Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cgordy

Anyone from Panel 11 external recently been assigned? To where? Thanks x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

They've called up to OOM 79 for Interview-Open Stream, & up to OOM 32 for Interdepartmental

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Missy95

What is the NPT?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LilCa

Hi, does anyone know if you’re on an “old contract” in relation to pension etc as a CO do them terms carry over to your promotion or are you then put on the newer pension scheme?

Has anyone interviewed recently? How do you feel it went? I had one this week. I thought it went ok and was quite positive after it, but it's very hard to tell. It definitely was much tougher than my CO interview. I really wish I had touched on a few other things during the interview but was moved along quite quickly and wasn't able to expand. I understand they need to try and fit all the questions in with the allotted time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Aisling09

Hi, were there any questions, aspects of the interview that you weren't expecting in the interview. I am still a good bit down the panel but hopefully will get called. Hopefully you'll get good news next news.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

I did my interview a fews ago, was positive after but still had doubts I had done enough, did alot better than I had imagined ,so keep positive , results were out very quickly too

Fingers crossed so :) How long did results take for you? Hopefully i'll receive them next week at some stage.

@Aisling09 nothing really too unexpected. Just have good examples and backup just in case for different scenarios because they might challenge you with further questions. Know the public sector values and have a closing statement prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 molly1523

Has anyone got any knowledge or experience of how it works being a new EO and wishing to return to be a CO? Is it possible and do you return to the department you came from if different to the one you’re currently in?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭furrybones

I believe you can return to your CO post once it's within 3 months of promotion. I'm open to correction on that though.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

How long does clearance take if staying in the same department

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Beethere

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has done the interview for the Comms role at EO level? It's my first time interviewing for the public sector and while I understand the competency based q+a I'm struggling to relate the competencies to the job description. Do they ask questions based on the job or the competencies? Any examples of questions would be hugely appreciated! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Capella10

It’s the National Processing Team. Deals with all schemes! Pretty sure they are able to work from home 4 days a week. Not 100% on that but that’s what I’ve heard

In DSP? it’s the national process team.. mostly deal with online claims

Yes I work from home 4 days a week. I didn’t have to wait until I passed probation either!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Fiona Marie

Any update on the Kerry panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Beethere

How long did your interview last? I have mine next week but am unsure what to expect, first time interviewing for Civil service. Would you be able to share any of the topics that they asked you about please? Thank you!

This was 30th June 2023

Kerry: Open stream 66 Interdepartmental 27

Called to interview

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭defiantdancer

Hello there, firstly, congratulations to all of you who got through the competition. I can imagine it’s not easy…I have entered the 2023 EO competition & would be very grateful for some advice. I am currently an CO & although,I really like my Dept, am really struggling financially on CO wages. I am very aware that I am not the only person in this situation and other people are in worse situations 😔I don’t have a partner to help share costs so I have had to borrow money from family members to pay elec bills, mortgage payments etc and at 50 years of age,that is really humiliating…So I really want & NEED to give this my best shot. Can I ask you lovely people,how did you prepare for the assessments?in particular the maths test? It has been a long time since I sat a maths exam-I am 50 after all😄I have seen online -Executive Officer preparation packs-but there is a fee involved-€180. Has anybody done this? Is it worth it? Are there any free resources online that might help me? I would really appreciate any advice on this.I have previously worked in hospitality so do have a lot of people skills which has been noticed in my Dept. My hospitality career ended overnight because of the pandemic. So hence I applied to the Civil Service. As I said, I do really like my Dept & believe in the work we are doing. I really don’t want to move back to the Private Sector just for monetary reasons😔but at the same time, I need to be able to live & pay my bills. Hence, I really want to give this application my best shot. Apologies for the long post & thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭OKDublin

Bear in mind you just have to pass the maths. It does not go towards your overall mark. You really need to concentrate on the others too because the higher overall mark you get the quicker you will be placed. From what I saw last year, even if you are really high up, it is unlikely you start in an EO role this side of Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭defiantdancer

Thanks OkDublin. That is reassuring as I am VERY worried about the maths. It is also good to be aware of the timeframe as well so thank you.

Advertisement