Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baldur's Gate III

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Only got around to watching the trailer and gameplay yesterday, this looks amazing. Must start Divinity 2 soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Only got around to watching the trailer and gameplay yesterday, this looks amazing. Must start Divinity 2 soon.

Wastelands 3 is out soon too!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,498 ✭✭✭✭Varik

More to be shown June 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Launching September 30th on Steam Early Access.

wf8aFgG.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Wastelands 3 is out soon too!

yeah, been waiting on that one too :) havent sunk my teeth into a decent new rpg in ages

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

yeah, been waiting on that one too :) havent sunk my teeth into a decent new rpg in ages

End of the month.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As much as i can't wait to play this, i will wait till full release. Hate the idea of playing a single player rpg only up to the 1st act.

Been playing Wasteland 3 the past week, it's awesome! Despite there being quite a few bugs in it [such as me somehow managing to have 8 characters in my squad when the limit is 6]. :D

Kiith wrote: »
    As much as i can't wait to play this, i will wait till full release. Hate the idea of playing a single player rpg only up to the 1st act.

Wait, what? It's episodic!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Wait, what? It's episodic!?

Only Act I is available in the Early Access at the end of this month.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Didn't they release Divinity 2 in the same way ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

I swore id never buy another early access game again.

Delayed launch till 6th October.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I don't mind the small delays as I think it will be worth it plus it gives me time to finish up on Wasteland 3.

13 days to go..

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭blackwave

So who's getting this tomorrow? In two mind whether to buy or wait a few days and let it get patched a bit.

Made by Larian; I definitely will pick this up but have other things to finish first

Only started Divinity:Original Sin 2. Baldurs Gate can wait.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Guaranteed buy, but i'll wait till it's finished. Wouldn't be able to handle only playing the first chapter, then having to wait months.

What's the story with this being early access? I'll definitely hold off with that in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I got it this evening, 59.6 GB, I'll try to give it a go before the end of the week. Genshin Impact has taken up a lot of time...quite good for a free game. Addictive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

worth a punt, or 60..

This is a bioware (when they were great) level, of great RPG.

Voice talent is fantastic, cinematics are amazing and the story, characters, NPC's and game after a few hours in are top notch.
    Kind of surprised at how good this is tbh, i knew it was gonna be decent, but yeah.. deadly!

If you're playing, keep an eye and ear out for old Auntie Ethel, she has the best Oirish accent I've heard in a game since "Clover" in Payday2. Probably coz it's actually Irish.

Great stuff, buy it if you're thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Just started this myself and, yeah, it's all kinds of awesome! It's very D:OS 2 which isn't a bad thing, not very BG1/2 which is a bit of a shame but that just goes out the window with how well written, paced, acted it is. The difficulty is perfect. It's rock hard which is refreshing and cant be changed in the current build. Battles need to be well planned out making even the seemingly easiest of battles an event and very rewarding.

Just met aul' Auntie Ethel there. That put a big smile on my face! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Ah man, Auntie Ethel calling you a
    petulant bollocks
    :P:P

I can easily say this is the best rpg I've ever played. The amount of detail and the vast amount of characters all individually voice acted is staggering. On top of that the writing and acting is top notch. It's just fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so whos hyped for this? only what, 2 weeks away?

I thought it had already launched, maybe that was just early access, ment to pick it up but still full price anywhere I look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

everything I’ve read about early access and the previews for the full game combined with the fact that it’s Larian makes me think this will be a genuine 10/10 game. I can’t wait!

Going to wait a few weeks.

See what the general response is to the later acts.

The bear **** trailer is making me think that maybe I'm not the target audience.

Why is the level cap so low? 12?

D&D level max is 20, they're probably leaving it at 12 to expand with DLC. There's level of spells and stuff, you can learn 5th level spells at character level 9 (x2-1, 10-1)

Originally they said 10 so you'd have 2 level ups from 5th level stuff, at 11 you get 6th level and pick another set of 6th at 12. At 13 you'd be getting 7th level.

Players hoped it'd be to 14 for the 2 picks from 7th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

early access (more like a demo imo) was launched a few years back for act 1, everything else (full game) is coming 4th of august i believe.

I have avoided everything about this so i can go in fresh, bg1 was my first pc game way back and ive faith larian are the perfect developer for bg3 so i believe i am for the first time in many years, hyped for a video game :)

Advertisement