Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ora Funky Cat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,709 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Another good review,

She is always very honest and even says she was tempted to buy one herself if only that battery range was better.

Ms

Another review.

Another good review. He has a red Funky Cat. So different. Nice to see,

Post edited by AMKC on

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Not a bad review, but she comes to wrong conclusions imho. I don't think the car will miss out on buyers because of meh range or charging speeds. The main competition isn't any better. But the MINI e, Honda E and FIAT 500 e have oodles of style, why would anyone bring the same sort of money (GBP32k) to a car from a Chinese company most people hadn't heard about before until recently? That's a tall order. The newer more basic GBP25k model, she mentioned that will be coming down the line, has a far better chance as that dips down into economy car territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,602 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Like I said earlier, it needs to be cheaper than the established brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Lots more reviews today, must be end of moratorium. Fully Charged Show and as usual the most thorough of them all is from Jonny Smith, although he doesn't say much about the pricing vs competition although he asks his audience what they think about that at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭MarkN

I’ve asked!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭pandabat

The WhatCar one was the first one that I saw and watched this morning. Tbh I was surprised others hadn't posted or commented on any reviews here when I'd finished looking at it so I just posted it. Only saw the other YouTube reviews later on.

To be fair, there are some nice design touches and ideas. Depending on what you're looking for spec-wise, you may find that a lot of boxes are also ticked by it. Availability, if it's going to be the same as is being touted in the UK, may also swing some buyers.

Of course, I have my favourites but nonetheless I don't place too much stock in any particular car reviewer/site myself. They all mostly have their strengths and weaknesses but that's why I try to watch as many as possible as they all bring a different take to every car and I like to get a balance.

Carwow, Electrifying and AutoEV are a couple that aren't negative but that aren't hyper positive in their conclusions either. There is enough there to tell me that it's not the car for me as there are certain things that I wouldn't gladly live with.

However, it's not about what I think. It's about the "car love" and I just don't have it for Funky Cat. If someone else does though, more power and well wear to them.

Post edited by pandabat on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭Patser

Is there any dealer yet? The Ora website has a link marked Dealer - that leads to a blank page

Ms

Another review. 6min 45 to 50 in is funny. Instead of asking ora to wind down the left or right window she is a little more awkward lol. Good review otherwise do.

Ora Cat vs MG4 review

Short version MG4 pretty much beats it at everything except interior

• Advertisement
    Ms

Yes no doubt there is a lot of improvements that could be made to the Funky Cat but it will also make a great second car for some people and a great car for people living in the cities.

Post edited by AMKC on

Surprised to hear in that video that it's co-produced by BMW and shares a lot with next Mini ev - but they complain that dynamics are only so so.

Also I still don't see any Ora dealership listed for Ireland

Still no option on ordering this in Ireland even though they are available in UK. Herself has decided that one of these will be our second EV replacing the Ioniq28. A typical situation of I wanted something else, she wanted the funky cat , so we compromised and are going for the cat!

Tell her you tried to order the Cat and accidentally ended up with the Cybertruck instead

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

• Registered Users Posts: 23,365 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Which is where you spend 99% of the time with the car ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

It's more that BMW are sharing the platform with GWM, and will use it for the new Mini Hatch, and the Mini Aceman. Mini will no doubt make a lot of effort on the driving dynamics side or they risk losing their market.

Thanks. Just googled and seen its literally just been announced yesterday (Linders get GWM Ora franchise - car and motoring news by CompleteCar.ie)

Hopefully it means a website, test drive and pre order will be available

Interesting - they'll have the Cat, E-Mokka, e-C4 and MG4 on offer head to head

Ms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,934 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭Markcheese

32 grand for the shorter range variant, definitely not low price .. and people are touting this as a "second car " that doesn't do high mileage ,

Still that's the price range .. and I think the styling looks great ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Ms

Yes I still think they need a mid range spec model say one in between the 300+ and 400pro that would have heated steering wheel, heated seats and reversing rear sensors too and maybe different alloys. All the specs should have different alloys. In fact I would say they could even have 4 trim levels if they wanted to.

Going for a test drive in this tomorrow, herself is just off the phone.

We're between the Ora, an MG4, or maybe the new E-Up for a second car. I wanted a used Tesla but now isnt the right time to buy one as I think the second hand market has yet to adjust for the price cuts of the new model, and we don't need a second new Tesla - it's a runaround car.

Herself wants the two tone green funky cat as it "looks like a beetle". :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭gipi

If your other half thought the funky cat looked like a beetle, she'd love this one ...(so would I, to be honest!)

Hahahahah

That reminds me of the (holy trinity) Top Gear episode where Jeremy showed that copyright infringement simply doesnt exist in China.

• Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Seeing billboards on these recently. Cork, Galway and Dublin covered by dealers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Some enterprising marketing person had parked a stickered-up one on these on Shelbourne Rd for the Ireland v England rugby last week when thousands of people were walking by.

First one I’ve seen in the metal, kindest word I use to can describe how it looks is “challenging “.

So i've yet to see one of these in the wild, outside of dealerships and our test drive. We're collecting ours this day next week, replacement (long overdue) for our erstwhile second EV, an ioniq 28. It's the aurora green with (i think) white roof and the heat pack. We went for the 300 as the numbers for the 400 were simply too much for an unknown chinese car and you'd have a model 3 RWD for the same money.

I actually dont mind it, I wasnt a fan initially but its comfortable to drive and has 3 phase 11kW AC charging. This car in our ownership is not likely to see a DC charger so the slow DC doesnt matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Saw one of these in Dundrum Shopping Centre yesterday, thought it was a joke car... turns out it's real...

It's truly awful.

Advertisement