Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Blondie giving it socks from 6 PM, sounding better than she did back in 2010 at RockNess Festival.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Debbie Harry is 78 is two weeks.

78!!

It's a pity Chris is too ill to play with them anymore, but great to see Jimmy and Clem still pumping out the bangers.

Clem Burke is one the great percussionists of the modern age in my opinion. His sound IS new wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭trashcan

Was going to ask where Chris is. Shame. Are my eyes playing tricks on me or is that Glen Matlock on bass ?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭fillup

Yusuf/Cat Stevens in fine voice here. Very enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

He's a funny auld character is Cat.

Spreads a message of peace and love in his music and when speaking at his shows, but several times in the past said that Salman Rushdie should be murdered under the Fatwa for his writings.

Religion eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭crl84

Wouldn't normally be a fan, but that Editors set was absolutely fantastic. Cracking cover of Seal's Killer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The photo with building is a venue called the meat rack in the Block9 area. Other photo is a newer late night stage called IICON. Big sideways head with crazy 3D lighting projections on it.

Lana Del Ray was a joke. I should have ditched my friends and gone to GnR instead. Half an hour late because she was getting her hair done, no apology, then just plows on and tries to play the full set and they pulled the plug on her. She needs to get her head out of her arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

First thing I think of yusef now is "Play Peacetrain ya bollox"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RINO87

Cat was lovely. Seemed humbled by it all.

• Advertisement

Leaving aside any dodgy politics, he played a fantastic set, that I hugely enjoyed. Wouldn’t have called myself a fan particularly, but he has some back catalogue. Brought me back to my childhood. I never knew he wrote Here Comes My Baby. Great cover of Here Comes The Sun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Xander10

Cat mixed some good songs with a lot of very boring stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Dermot Kennedy is em..you either like it or don't

Seems a good lad though..very good performer. Crowd very low key. Hopefully they engage a bit more...

And I hope I'm not looking at old coverage 😆

You can put me down for don’t. Does nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

caroline polachek on now, released a great album this year. hopefully live show lives upto it.

Didn’t really think so. Dished out all his best known stuff, kept the new songs to a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Xander10

Pretenders with Johnny Marr - Back on the Chain Gang. Hell yeah !!!

edit. Thought they were going to go into How Soon is Now just then. Now that would have been interesting.

Jaysus. Elton not looking so steady on his feet there. Voice sounds ok though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Some crowd in for Elton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Elton's mobility looks seriously shook. I know he's 76 but didn't realise he was that bad on his legs. Don't think he'll be bouncing around tonight like Axl....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

**** yeah. Perfect Sunday vibes. Gwan Elton.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Strange for a man with his career to start with a cover. Voice sounds good, looked very unsteady on his entrance. This is looking good though, should be a good night with loads of hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

He definitely sounds a lot better than he looks and moves!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

This has ‘going down in history’ vibes about it…

He, and the band sound on top form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭endainoz

Bit early for that kind of talk, but it is supposed to be a special set with four different special guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

dua lipa better make an appearance . the shots of the crowd are insane, crazy amount of people there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I dunno.. the spidey senses are tingling here watching this….

And all the shots of that crowd.. WOW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Elton has brought his A game here! The size of that crowd is incredible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

I which I knew sooner that they were in Dublin lately. Would of brought the mother to see them

Advertisement