Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

What do I do now lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Axl had more than his fair share of iffy moments but other than that they were fúcking great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

No fireworks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Get in the ring motherfucker. Or I’ll kick your bitchy little ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

There’s a girl with no clothes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Christina and the nipples

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Is this still Axl with the small moobs??

I approve of this look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Apparently that's a man, but anyway a decent artist none the less.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Shank Williams

Not a girl according to the presenters referred to her as “he/him” . Confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

It's fierce warm in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Despite my giving out the past two nights i would of course absolutely love to be there!😁

I really need to get back just one more time. My usual partner in crime has other plans for next year so i should rope someone else in now and start saving.

I'll be at The Waeve tomorrow night but will look forward to reading the thread afterwards.

Free the nips!!!

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JohnJoe1000

Well I have to say despite not a huge Guns and Roses fan that was a pretty epic set. In their 60's and still giving it 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Guns n Roses 🙌🙌🙌

Axl had some iffy moments with his voice but I just love the songs, band etc and as for Slash jeez that man can make any guitar sing 🎶 🎸🎸 Delighted I got to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 39,754 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just shows how rubbish the TV mix was. I’m not saying axl didn’t have iffy moments vocal wise as he did and that not changing.

I wonder can they redo the TV mix after the live broadcast for on demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

Much better live

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭optiplex780

Thoroughly enjoyed that. I was brought up on guns n roses though. Axl obviously can't hit those notes anymore, but still unreal. What a band. Pity Matt sorum wasn't brought back at the same time as duff and Slash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭forumdedum

So we had Victoria's Secret (aka Ann Summers) and people talking on stage. Rap I think, garbage in my book. Slash great, still hope for REAL musicians

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Lana, such a beautiful voice. Class

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Who’s this girl on BBC now?

Great voice, looks a bit shy.

EDIT Lana del Rey. Aware of the name but never really heard her before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Apparently Lana was 30 minutes late and the crowd was angry. Personally, I find her so dull.

BBC only showing one song from Maneskin and choosing Beggin. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭geographica

They pulled the Mike on her at the end as she was late, continued singing and the crowd joined in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Yeah I think her fans who stuck around were obviously upset that she couldn't finish her set, which I understand. Friend who's there said lots left at the start though, very annoyed - and apparently her excuse was her hair?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Didn't see GNR,but have they rescued one of the worst Glastonbury opening 2 nights ever,3rd night mighten be great either. Every time I turned in has been brutal and the monkeys were diabolically bad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I’ve never been so judging by TV only albeit with a lot more years than I’d care to admit.

Paul McCartney last year. Conscious that I’m a Beatles fan but I thought that set was amazing. Almost three hours at his age and his back catalogue. Not even getting into the guests. Amazing and one gig I’d have loved to be at..genuinely think those who were there witnessed something special.

Recency bias on the second. Arctic Monkeys last night. And not memorable in a good way. Seen them live a couple of times with most recent one being less than a year ago so more or less same set list but thought they were absolute **** last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

for anyone who's not watched it, The Pretenders were fantastic. Hynde is just pure class.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Good night so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

For me, Manics street Preachers were incredible. Bit biased as I've always been a huge fan, but James Dean bradfield is still an incredible singer and a woefully underrated guitar player.

Set list including die in the summertime, la tristessa durerra and this is yesterday. I'd have been ecstatic with 1 of them.

Advertisement