Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty - Part 2 - Read OP for mod warning (06/01)

Options

Comments

Anyway my point is there’s parallels in their behaviour indeed

however they are pulling in opposite directions. I think Gemma would have a whale of a time down at the four courts causing a scene but that’s because it’s who she is right?

The Burkes in fairness to them are not just out to be a circus it’s just the way they behave. I have long thought they are convinced beyond all doubt they are righteous in their behaviour and there’s nothing at all wrong with it.

gemma I think knows she’s wrong but enjoys the attention

• Registered Users Posts: 6,801 ✭✭✭sporina

• Registered Users Posts: 28,586 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The saving grace is that we know O'Doherty can't manage to maintain a 'campaign relationship' with anyone for more than three months without falling out and deciding that they were a Garda/Soros plant all along. She'd never manage to survive an election campaign.

that’ll be the paranoid delusions

god knows she hangs up with these lunatics and as time passes she starts to feel that they’re working against her for the garda or soros as you said

must be hard to live in constant paranoia someones out to get you though in some ways I feel bad for her

then you hear she took a dead kids picture to blast covid conspiracies. Hard to feel sorry for her then

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

@glenfieldman do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

She's kinda dropped off the radar of late. Is she still doing podcasts/youtube rants with John Waters? Are she and- what was her name, Dee something, the one with the crutch? - best buddies again, or still mortal enemies?

There are some disadvantages to no longer being on twitter, I have to say! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Dslatt

When covid lockdowns didnt transpire into actual gulags and the state talking everyones possessions while martial law was in effect she had to regroup a bit. Now in league with actual Nazis and claiming the troubles didnt happen which even JW thinks is nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭paul71

The troubles did not happen? She claimed that?

I was going to ask WTF led her down that rabbit hole, but in truth that is new new rabbit hole she must have dug herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Troubles were a hoax, Holocaust was a hoax, Hitler was great. Thats her new buzz.

Have a look at this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,266 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

she is friends with the very best people. the very best.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

1:49 and I barely managed to listen to that.

"When they start complaining about Hitler, I says so; what did he do wrong?"

You know, I get it. If someone asked that of me my brain probably would frazzle, such that facts & events would fail to come to mind; making me look like idiot while this chud gets to feel right. I guess that's now bottom feeders like this feel superior: they take a position so outrageous that any other sober, normal individual is initially baffled & at odds how to even begin to interrogate that opinion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I watched the clip and, beyond initial shock, I've nothing. It's a perfectly logical thing for her to do given the path she's chosen for herself. She's openly stating that it's about winding people up as well.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

When I was 4 my little bro was born and being used to having 100% of the attention until then, I acted up a bit, whinging, crying, "Mummy look at me" etc and when that didn't work I went upstairs and shook a whole bottle of talcum powder all over one of the bedrooms.

Essentially whats shes doing now.

The sad thing for her is no one cares. At least I got a bollicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭paul71

I saw that 6 months ago. I did not lower myself to actually listen but noted that someone pointed out the Nazi literature on the guys shelf. I knew she had gone down the holocaust denial rabbit hole, I did not know that anybody anywhere had tried to deny the existence of the troubles. Its batshit crazy there are probably 2 million living witnesses to individual events during the troubles still alive on the Island today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Yeah, there's that. There's also the fact that she's spent years digging herself into this hole and now all she can do is to tunnel deeper. What I want to know is who's funding her.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

No one. You don't money to sit in your house on Zoom at night.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The question of funding has come up before. There's a funding option on her page.

Gemma would have plenty of money herself though. If everything was in order from her husband's death she'd be mortgage free and life insurance from that. Peter had a long and successful career in journalism and had property in London. He also had a son.

Her parents (now also dead) had a massive house in Sandford, at least 2 chemists in prime location in leafy South Dublin and no doubt a big wedge of investments.

You'll get through money if you've nothing coming in but she started on this road from a very comfortable and privileged financial position.

She lives what looks on the face of it a fairly modest life. She's still in her marriage home and drives a fairly grotty older style Kia SUV.

when was the last time she had a paying job? it must be at least five years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,173 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

She is digging upwards to get out of that hole she's in.

She is either on the biggest wind-up of all time, or else she needs committed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I have also wondered if any American Conservative or Alt-Right groups and "think tanks" fund these smaller groupings outside the US. Probably me indulging in conspiratorial thinking no different to reckoning George Soros is behind everything ... but still. It is certainly food for thought IMO, and seen it speculated about with others too such as those "protest" groups hanging around Asylum Seeker locations. Not like there isn't form with US soft-power influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Have her and Littler kissed and made up yet?

No party will go near her now shes done the Hitler loving thing. She cant even find fellow losers in Europe to do livestreams with about Hitler and Nazis. She has to resort to digging up a couple of speisialtas from jerkwater USA.

You'd need to have some degree of reach and standing though? I'd be surprised if they weren't banking the Irexiters but Gemma just seems to small and weak to merit funding from them, especially since all she does is talk into a webcam.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I suppose it was inevitable that she would end up at this place but having her open a discussion with "How did you celebrate the Fuhrer's birthday?" is still pretty shocking to see.

That's it though right? I mean she's at the end of the road. Holocaust denial & praising Hitler. Since her whole schtick seems to be shock value....well she's got nowhere else to run to now. She's also permanently cast herself out from the ranks of the people who want to dog whistle - not actually blow the bloody fog horn while wearing a swastika t-shirt!

I'd say she'll be found wandering the streets shouting at pigeons soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

So what next for her: Flat earth, UFOs/aliens, Mud Floods, EMPCOE? There is no end to deep/stupid fabric of the rabbit hole.

That's it. There'll be the inexhaustible supply of scum who'll defend her online but this is it for her outside of that demographic. Fully expect aliens, flat earth, lizardpeople and so on but nothing will come close to this.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Remember when people used to get sectioned for their own benefit, and the community in general? I would be surprised if the woman is actually mentally sound at this stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement