Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Did a small treble, Mayo - 1, galway - 1 and Offaly - 2

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Bitconfused

Nicely done. The way things turned out on the weekend I was happy to take the win on mayo only to finish about level

Mayo -1 again, I can only think it's low because Mon will be fighting for survival and Mayo are safe.

Listening to o shea after the Mayo game I have a feeling there will be no slacking. Even if Mayo rotate a bit they are starting to build a bit of depth and there will be competition for places.

I'd say Mayo-1is a bet again. When I see that kind of number I wonder if I'm missing something.

Yeah, got lucky with the late goal in the Galway game tbf.

Mayo-1 looks decent alright although Monaghan are in better shape than Donegal.

Roscommon-3 and Derry+1 look good as well imo I know Derry are already promoted and have a long journey to Cork but Cork have nothing to play for either and I'd think Gallagher will want them to keep winning.

Yeah i think the prices for Derry and mayo have to be framed somewhat by the fact that the game is far more important to one side in each game but gallagher doesn't seem like the type to go easy.

I'd say I'll take both.

Around 9 changes to the Mayo team, could be much tighter than expected in Castlebar

• Advertisement

Yeah , Derry have rotated a bit too. That was always a possibility.

It's a good sign when some of the replacements have been frequent starters in the past.

Leitrim -3 & Antrim +9 both look good this weekend I think

Mayo -3 not bad either but will wait to see about possible injuries to McBrien & Coyne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Wicklow -4 and Offaly double looks good to me.

Also think Mayo will blow Roscommon away.

I think antrim +9 looks good , only concern is the game against Westmeath. Armagh have been average to poor so far this year.

I was actually expecting a bigger minus in the leitrim game and when it's so low it makes me think I'm missing out on something, ny are always a bit of an unknown.

I'm not sure about the handicap on the mayo game but might look to take a bet on under the 32.5 pts. ( will wait until other bookies come out with their number)I think roscommon will focus on stopping the quick start that mayo got last time and mayos defence is looking good this year. It is risky with the good forwards on display from both sides. Any thoughts?

Heard on the Ah Ref podcast that NY have a good bit of continuity from last year so that -3 might be tight enough (I'm already committed though so not much I can do)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Limerick -6 (10/11) v waterford on PP is the bet of the year I reckon

Cheers, had a feeling that roscommon would want to slow down mayo attack. I did think that mayo were a bit hard done by with some of the refs calls.

Still a poor enough weekend really, always a sickner to lose by landing on the handicap number like I did in the antrim game.

Nothing stands out to me on the two games at the weekend so far anyway.

Pp have the mayo v sligo u20 game at 25 pt total. Potentially not accounting for the change to indoor?

Nevermind it's outdoor at the location.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Tyrone -2 at home to Monaghan on Sunday at 10/11. Am I missing something here? Seems like great value.

I would fancy them to win alright , possibly by more than 2 points but that's the number I had before checking the handicaps so it won't be for me.

Tyrone seem to be on an upward curve but have also burnt me in similar situations in the past.

The only interest I have so far this week is under 32.5 points in brewster.

I thought about the plus 7 for Fermanagh. Rumours around that glass won't play but he is named to start ( that vould mean nothing) and quigley is out for Fermanagh, he was a bit of a weapon from the bench during the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,400 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Going to be on a 4 match accumulator for this coming weekend in the lower tiered Hurling comps

Mayo to beat London (I think Mayo could win Christy Ring outright)

Monaghan to beat Warwickshire (Monaghan should've won Lory Meagher last year but for a points deduction. Warwickshire really bad - Monaghan being at home gives me good confidence here)

Wicklow to beat Armagh (Wicklow will run away with the Rackard I think)

Donegal to beat Roscommon (Roscommon won a very poor NHL 3A with Mayo leaving things too late bringing their Tooreen players back). Donegal the next best behind Wicklow in this comp

Any football fancies for the weekend?

The only one that stood out to me was louth -2. What I've seen to date makes me think they are a decent bit ahead of offaly. They will have knuckled down this week to right the wrongs from the westmeath game

• Advertisement

I'll be doubling up on Louth & Dublin - Kildare were v poor in D2 and while Dublin aren't Jim Gavin's Dublin, they are streets ahead of Kildare and I think they'll easily cover the 10 point spread

• Registered Users Posts: 14,400 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭ciaran1988

Unlucky with that one rest won easy too. Never really know what Mayo will turn up. Best player Boland played full football match for his club Aghamore last night.

Anything this weekend?

Nothing in particular standing out but will have a very small punt on Cavan - 7, Derry-1, Louth+9 & Down-11 on the handicap - those big handicaps are a lottery though

I like Clare -2 in the hurling. Can’t see any handicaps up yet for the lower tiers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

If anyone has yesterday's Racing Post Hurling selections could they please send me a PM. Thanks!

Sorry I don’t have, Are you still tracking these?

• Advertisement

11/10 for Clare to beat Cork today in Ennis looks good

Advertisement