Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I the only person who Thinks Enoch Burke is right?

Options
  • 09-03-2023 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Fair play to him, sticking to his guns.

The same people moaning about woke Ireland want him to be locked up.

Well done, Enoch.

Post edited by Kimbot on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Right about what exactly?

The initial reaction, or the months of drama from him and his family in the courts and outside the school?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I agree with Mr. Burke not calling a boy a girl.

However, I do not agree with him ignoring court orders.

I don't think he played his cards right, there was/is a better way to do this.

Of course you're not.

The people who moan about woke Ireland want him locked up? No they don't! His position is an anti "woke" one.

He can't ignore court orders and then claim he's a victim.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Would you not inform yourself about gender dysphoria, and have the decent compassion to recognise what a school child is living through? It has all become so politicised, I dunno...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,829 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Good luck to him sticking to his principles..

but the carry on of him in court, inside and out.. both he and his family are not doing their cause themselves or beliefs any favours.

lose your head, lose the argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭inajock

Enoch's family have shown him no love and left him an them selves with little support, they have not convinced the court's they have a genuine grievance to better Irish society and they are now being punched down. I've criminal records for doing criminal acts when I was young and wild but its behind me and I've gotten on with my life and ignored my trouble and moved on when I proved myself to be reliable but the Burke's have few friends and don't seem to need any unfortunately. All the children are young and its shame they wont fulfill their potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bannedboyband

No you're not.

There is already a long running thread on Current Affairs on the subject of Enoch Burke.

Here's a link in case you missed it :

If you're so sure Enoch is right, why don't you go over and try making your arguments on the active thread, instead of starting a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭inajock

• Registered Users Posts: 26,092 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

At a wild guess, it's an answer to the question posed in the thread title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Am I the only one who thinks the sister is hot?

Hard beat a smartly dressed brunette

Nuttier than squirrel **** though

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I agree with the OP about the reason for the action the Burkes have taken. As a former teacher I would though have avoided addressing that student at all ...Line of least resistance.

And his persistence is formidably admirable ..Few could achieve that.

And given the upper middle class authorities ranged in unity against him he really had little choice but to ensure staying in the public eye. The phrase " Kick one and they all limp" fits.

Post edited by Graces7 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

No Grace. If you are permabanned it’s more likely to be because you repeatedly posted in the Burke thread AFTER being thread banned.

As for whether or not Burke is right, no, he isn’t. Whatever your personal beliefs if your job has a policy then it’s up to you to follow it or leave.

There was an excellent opportunity for a grownup discussion and debate about the Personal Beliefs vs Employer Policy thing that Burke and his family have missed through their behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭crusd

Another thread here that seems to be full of people ignorant about the actual facts. Once again, the school asked people to refer to the student as they. Referring to someone as they does not mean does not require a person to recognise their gender change. And even then they (Enoch) could have simply chosen to refer to the individual by their name. And voiced his opposition to the principal, board of management etc.

Bit no, what Enoch choose to do was use a school assembly with all the students present to raise a ruccous. Even if you don’t believe in the students choice can you not see that vilifying the student like this in a public meeting among their peers shows at best a complete absence of any human decency and empathy?

And then when asked to stop his show boating and take the discussion through the proper channels he proceeded to angrily chase the principal around the hall, shouting at a berating them. In your own work what do you think would be the consequence if you decided to engage in such behaviour in your workplace?

The weak minded think this think this is about Enoch standing up to the “woke” agenda. The reality is it’s about him being a c*nt, acting the c*nt and then refusing to acknowledge he was being c*ntish and apologising for his behaviour.

Also, all of you using “woke” should understand that the use of this word as it is today is purely an invention. The term woke emerged in some college campuses in the US as a term used to describe inclusive ideals especially in relation to race. Some people took it for inclusivity in general. It remained very much on the fringe of the fringe until some on the far right latched onto it as a catch all label for anything they disagreed with. It was them and their mouthpieces who created what is now known the “work agenda” as a convenient label to create a wedge issue and vilify an “other”

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

I don’t know why anyone feels the need to impose their own beliefs on the personal circumstances of anyone else without any idea of what they are going through. It seems violent.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Jazz Hands

Based on the initial issue he was/is right.

He should have played this completely different highlighting the school and the Dept of Educations handling of this case, maybe brought it to the WRC.

Imo he would have had a lot of public support if he played his hand right.

"As for whether or not Burke is right, no, he isn’t. Whatever your personal beliefs if your job has a policy then it’s up to you to follow it or leave.

There was an excellent opportunity for a grownup discussion and debate about the Personal Beliefs vs Employer Policy thing that Burke and his family have missed through their behaviour"

He is right according to his views./ beliefs He did not conform is all. But acted on those strong opinions. And he is right to do so. This is a freedom we all have. As is shown in this thread very cogently. On this we differ and that too is fine. No absolutes

How can you not understand it was how he behaved that got him his suspension not his beliefs. Do you believe people have the right to behave how they want when they want without any consequences? Or are you just being grossly dishonest and choosing to ignore his behaviour and pretend it’s about something else to suit an agenda?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

You realise that 90% of our school's do exactly this right?

• Advertisement

Not comparable. The child at the centre of this was singled out in a public way.

This is it really. The way the student was singled out in a public meeting by this "teacher" should in and of itself have resulted in their sacking. Disgraceful behaviour from someone who claims to call themselves a "teacher".

They were well within their rights to raise objections based on their beliefs to the principal, board of management , department or even launched a public campaign. That is not however how they choose to act. Easier to vilify the individual and then claim they are a martyr. Its those buying into the narrative that they have created though that is more frightening however. Complete lack of any critical thought or empathy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Regarding the initial situation that kicked it all off, even Enoch Burke doesn’t think he’s right. Remember the time he used the word “them” in court in a completely natural way as a singular pronoun (when arguing that he couldn’t use the word “them” as a singular pronoun):

As for his behaviour since, would anyone here admire some scumbag with 156 previous convictions up in court yet again, with his family shouting abuse from the public gallery? Would you commend him for his “admirable principles” in not giving a fück about the authority of the court? Burke has the exact same attitude; “Fück the law, it doesn’t apply to me, I’ll do what I want.” Don’t be fooled by the suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Bricriu

Enoch Burke has more courage in his little finger than most Irish people have in their whole body.

How did the teacher single the child out. I don’t see what he did different compared to the other children in the class.

• Advertisement

You have no idea what was going on between that child and their family and their doctors. No idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement