Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I like using PC log ons, during the Ryder Cup quality was not great with my 4k setup

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

If anyone knows what SWAG golf is and wants to join the Discord for a chance mint some NFT’s and join the SWAG community then join through this link.

https://discord.gg/JY7uxYFgUf

Not a scam! Do not blame me if you get addicted to collecting headcovers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I know your pain 😂😂😂

Don't get the while discord, NFT thing. Why would anyone want an NFT?

In SWAG's case the NFT will get you access to certain covers etc before everyone else. Or people that have a NFT with certain "properties" might get a headcover made specifically for them that only they can buy.

But the main thing is if you sign up with my link i could win a one off cover :D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Unknownability

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

This thread should be renamed “the on topic but I don’t know where to stick this thread”. Because nearly every post is a fail when it comes to off topic 🤣🤦‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭finglashoop

assume Carr golf keep the operation

who is their competition

😂 Pretty sure Slave1 created a random golf thoughts thread separate to this one

Received a package today with a letter, letter was a request for customs charge to be paid by the 19th July, if not paid package will be returned to sender. The package is the one they want the customs charge for.

it’s very unusual to get the package before paying the charge, anyone ever come across this? Do I have to even pay the charge now?

• Advertisement

Have had that with packages from Fedex alright. Customs charge issued after the receipt of the package.

An Post won't release until they're paid first

Yea which is what has my wondering do I even have to pay this charge? If I don’t they will have a hard time returning the package to sender 🤣

Did you even get the letter 🫣

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭zocklie

I have a King Cobra driver from around 2007, can hit (mostly) straight and getting a decent amount of distance off it, is it worth updating a newer driver? Am I realistically going to be gaining more than 10 yards with a newer model?

I have irons from around the same time and would be more inclined to upgrade those as the shafts are all rusty

I just ignored the request for customs and havent heard anything since :)

Anyone have a good recommendation for a water bottle for keeping water cool during outdoor activities which take about 4 hours to complete?

Chillys bottles seems quite bulky for the 750ml ones, and the 500ml just isnt big enough capacity wise. I was considering this: https://www.hydroflask.com/uk-en/24-oz-lightweight-wide-mouth-trail-seriestm?color=slate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭finglashoop

i put an a frozen ice pack in the drinks pocket of the bag

does the job

1/4 freeze the water night before then top up with fresh water, you won't need any "insulated" bottle then

Genuine off topic question for a change.

Who sets the fuel prices at the pump? is it solely down to the garage selling? I pass quite a few garages on my commute and they vary from station to station even where stations are using the same brand of fuel.

In Headford, Galway, Cricle K dropped the price overnight by 13c because Cearta opened beside them and started selling 15c cheaper than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The answer is that the garage sets the price... But it's often the case, as in your example, that the neighbouring garages really sets the price.

You'll get towns were the prices are a lot higher in general, and very similar price, because... Well, why start a price war, the consumer would be the only one to benefit from that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Always assumed it was the garage itself. If its the only one in town, or is at a very busy intersection, it'll charge what it likes.

• Oil prices go up, cost to the consumer is immediate.
    • Oil prices go down, saving to the consumer take weeks.

Or at least that's how it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,190 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

With the big chains, it's usually set centrally. There's a bit of room for the operator to put them up or down, but it's within a small enough band. The margin for the operator is actually very small. A friend of mine used to operate one and I couldn't believe how little he made from the fuel. It was a few cents per litre.

An independent garage opened in Ashford, Co. Wicklow. I got a fill there a couple of weeks ago and diesel was 1.87 when everywhere else was 1.99.

The queues were out onto the road. 😀

On my drive home this evening i will see a range of 1.87-2.01. the lowest being a Top garage, and i will see another Top garage at 197 i think on the way.

WHAT A GAME!!!!!

👏

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Phenomenal, delighted to see Messi finally crowned.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Best final i've ever seen, that's for sure. Couldn't believe France got back into it. Was happy to see Argentina and Messi get the trophy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭blue note

I used to watch loads of soccer - pretty much all the big PL games, CL games, internationals. I completely fell out of love with it about 10 years ago - mainly because of the business side of it, but also as the quality went up I think the excitement went down. On the business side - I just got fed up of all the transfers. The trophies can only go where the money is, the only ones that can build a team are the richest clubs. I switched from supporting Man United to Aston Villa when I was about 11. Even then I didn't find it fun that everyone supported United (the odd person Liverpool, but they hadn't won in a few years, so as a kid everyone was United). So Villa had a few Irish lads and I liked the jersey so I chose them. But I could never understand any real attachment to a PL team. You weren't local to the club, the players weren't even local to the club. They just don't even feel like clubs in a sports club sense - much more brands. On the excitement - the defensive set ups are incredible, the lack of mistakes too. But far too many games have teams defending incredibly effectively. That's only entertaining for so long.

There's also no integrity in the game. FIFA are obviously a basket case of corruption - Russia and Qatar getting the world cup take the biscuit, but it's just the tip of the iceberg. And would you have any faith in them not fixing the draws and games to some degree? I'd assume there's huge amounts of interference in the games themselves. And drugs - you almost never hear of drugs bans. Again, that's just not credible. If they're not interested in finding drug cheats, there's very little incentive for them not to cheat.

And with all that said - I'd still watch the world cup and euros finals and the odd other game like the CL final. Until this one. I watched the final and it was the only game I watched in it. But I couldn't get over feeling guilty about watching it. Literally thousands of people died to bring us these finals. And if thousands died God only knows what the suffering was like for however many thousands more. And it's just such a direct link that I don't understand how everyone ignores it.

The Di Maria goal was something else though. I'm not sure if I've seen a finer one than it. Mbappe's wasn't half bad either.

Was touch and go there on a few occasions, proper order finally worked out for a change, easily my sporting highlight since Shane’s Open win

I mean there are losses that are remembered for a few weeks and then there are ones that remain for the season, but that was a lifetime event, mate was at it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭benny79

Great to see up the Pool! Ynwa

Advertisement