Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Staffordshire oatcake (leftover from yesterday), slice of cheese, scrambles eggs with fresh herbs, topped with tomatoes from the garden.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

A classic BLT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭sporina

Yeah, definitely a mayo job alright!

Although I'll admit, I use Tesco mayonnaise instead of Hellman's 😐

• Registered Users Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Pedant warning:

A classic BLT does not come in a baguette!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Fish goujon wraps with some raw carrot, cabbage and cucumber, homemade kewpie mayo. Not sold on the mayo really, but it worked well enough.

looks like a v small lunch - actually - a lot of your meals look small?

Hah. Probably just the pictures, because that's absolutely not the case - that's the problem! It's a full size plate underneath.

It's a pretty full wrap, just not dense due to the raw veg.

On my 3rd day since testing positive for Covid, I'm feeling a lot better and wanted to treat myself to a really nice lunch. I oven-roasted cauliflower, peppers, sweet potato and onions in olive oil with some ras-al-hanout, paprika and smoked paprika. I made some houmous with harissa, and I had it all with a few slices of grilled halloumi. I'm stuffed and happy now.

@Shenshen love all except for halloumi.. glad you enjoyed.. hope your feeling better asap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Recliner

This is the before of roasted tomato and red pepper soup.

I ate it and froze the rest before I thought to take an after photo.

But with the addition of some fresh basil and a little bit of sugar, it was divine.

Jazzed up pork flavour instant noodle soup, some Asian brand I got online. Very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Recliner

Parma ham and some type of delicious cheese toastie. On day 1 of holidays in Portugal. I'm so happy.

It was an office day today and I was getting seriously sick of my packed lunches, so decided to get some market food!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I had that Korean food at a festival in 2019. (looks the same except there was a fried egg with that one) It was €10 then, so €11 isn't bad now considering food price inflation since then.

There was a constant queue at their stall while all the other stands seemed quiet.

It was such good food! Better than many a Korean restaurant, imo.

Yeah it was pretty tasty I have to say! Very filling too, so good value for money these days. I hadn't been to this market before and there was a long queue for this stall, which I took as a good sign! (It moved along quickly though)

Brunch, mind you.

Beetroot, carrot, apple and goats cheese salad with a honey balsamic dressing. Possibly too much goats cheese.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Chickpeas,

Lunch, brunch, hangover food, whatever you want to call it. A lovely Shakshuka.

• Advertisement

Quesadillas with grated mozzarella, Tikka chicken, red onion, sweet corn and cherry tomatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Doesn't look much but have lots of veg to use so threw together a lovely hearty veg and cannellini bean soup with loads of garlic and some white wine. I'm actually really looking forward to having it for lunch today again.

Post edited by Bawnmore on

Was bored and have a shitload of beetroot to use us, playing around with the ringmold and a balsamic beet vaguely tartare idea. One to work on, but definitely still very tasty.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

For lunch today, I had bacon, with sauerkraut from Terra Ignis, and mayo, on a baguette from Cameron, lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Fish goujon wrap with some raw veg, avocado and homemade tartare (unintentionally). Thought I'd gone overboard, but it held together.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,615 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Looks lovely.

How do you unintentionally make tartare?

Defo a market there for unintentional cooking.

I wasn't trying to make tartare, but I did want a lemony sauce to go with it, so mixed together mayo, lemon juice, caper, salt/pepper and some herbs. Afterwards I realised it tasted rather close to tartare so looked up the ingredients. I was just missing the chopped gherkins.

I'm not a big fan of tartare that I get with fish and chips or store bought, but this one was decent. So I might have to just keep making it!

I had some leftover homemade tomato sauce that I used for a pizza dinner recently, so had that with pasta, spinach, grated mozzarella and topped with fresh parsley. Not too shabby!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,554 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Sunday brunch, Turkish eggs. Lovely.

Advertisement