Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeness and Green ideology as the new religion, particularly for women

Options
  • 04-02-2023 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

I would define "woke" as excessive political correctness and virtue signalling to the point where logic, reason and common sense are discarded. Example would be: Let's allow an unlimited amount of "refugees" into the country, far beyond what other countries are doing and far beyond our capacity, in order to show virtue.

Green ideology is almost certainly religious at its core - worship of Mother Earth to the point where humans having less to eat is absolutely fine (see plans by Dutch government to cut back on farming to hit some absurd artificial "climate target")

St Brigid's day - women essentially get a day to worship themselves and go back to the old pagan free wheeling Celt days. The religious aspect is pretty obvious.

Whats the commmon thread here? This is all the consequence of the decline of organised reltion. Organised religion teaches forgiveness and understanding, the opposite of bitchy wokeness. Orgnaised religion teaches that we should go forth and multiply, the opposite of Greens trying to shrink the world and use fewer resources.

Whether one is religious or not is beside the point - maybe we need to acccept that the flocks out there, particularly women, have replaced orgnaised relgiion with 3 or 4 other turds. Maybe we need to re-think the whole value of the Church to moderate the nonsense?

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Christ almighty. You already have a Green woke thread going on for months now. And as if you know any women.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Woke is just a handy label for stuff you don't like.

If you don't believe that human activity is affecting climate just say so.

People of all religions and none believe in caring for the planet and social justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

OK, I'll post before the usual ones who natter on and call everybody balding middle aged angry men.

In reality OP lots of men/women aren't overly pushed about issues. There's just some very vocal people from both sides on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭thegame983

To be fair I can see why the ladies get behind woke causes as it benefits them directly (gender quotas etc).

When men do it, it's just sad and pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,011 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Organised religion teaches forgiveness and understanding, the opposite of bitchy wokeness.

I think this is a good point.

Whatever "wokeness" actually is it is aggressive.

It's all about disrupting the status quo.

It's not about accepting things as they are and understanding difference, it's all about imposing something new on something old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭Augme

Religion teach forgiveness and understanding? Arguable the dumbest thing I've read on the Internet in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Like treating women equally, something organised religion has always been vehemently against?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,002 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah pity all those church employees and religious folk over centuries weren't listening then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

"Make everyone feel bad for existing" appears to be the aim of most of this carry on. I am starting to be convinced that the underlying cause of wokism and green ideology is misanthropy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I genuinely have no idea what "wokeness" is, any internet type who spouts it seems to have their own definition which essentially translates into "changes I don't like". As for the green thing, most people I know are concerned about the planet to a reasonable degree. As for it appealing to women, because of course that was tacked on, this is Boards.

Another thread making up stuff to moan about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

To be woke means to be awake to certain prejudices, specifically in regards racial issues that some may try and cover up at a higher level to please as if they are not there. Alas on boards it is used as a word to insult anyone who indicates a difference of opinion on things regarding anything that concerns people's concern for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

It’s only the extremes that shout about this stuff. And do most of their shouting online. The rest of us inhabit the middle ground in the real world. OP needs to log off and feel the grass under his feet. Unless grass is too green, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

In Christianity there was always the chance of forgiveness and redemption for example.

But, in Ireland at the moment you absolutely must accept that every single person who arrives here claiming to need asylum is 100% genuine.

If you even attempt to suggest that some of them may be welfare tourists, or not fleeing any type of persecution, then you are a racist fascist Nazi far right monster who needs to be excluded forever from decent society and possibly imprisoned. Surely you can see this?

Pat Kenny the other morning made a perfectly reasonable factual piece about current immigration stats in Ireland at the moment and because it didn’t stick strictly to the gov mantra as espoused by the rest of the media, he’s being trounced into the ground by the left, who are having an absolute meltdown over it. You haven’t heard this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

communism and communist totalitarian regimes brought about the deaths of millions and millions of innocent people in the 20th century alone. Nothing to do with religion except an effort to take peoples rights to practice religion away from them. (Look at China even today how they treat Catholics).

How many people in the 20th century died from religious wars?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,002 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Michael McDowell made this point well on the new rte debate show last week.

34% of folk coming into the country are either Georgian or Albanian. And most likely economic migrants. But sure we aren't allowed to mention this, or you're classed along with those protesting outside asylum centres.

I thought St Brigids Day was just a handy date picked for an extra bank holiday each year, to bring us up to the same number as other countries.

Who knew some would think it was so loaded. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Whether one is religious or not is beside the point - maybe we need to acccept that the flocks out there, particularly women, have replaced orgnaised relgiion with 3 or 4 other turds. Maybe we need to re-think the whole value of the Church to moderate the nonsense?

What does that even mean? Whether one is religious or not surely must be the point if you’re suggesting that people need to re-think the whole value of the Church to moderate what you see as nonsense? And to what Church are you referring? Because the reason for the decline of Christianity in the West is that Churches have failed to moderate themselves, so what you’re arguing just doesn’t make any sense.

And that’s before even regarding the fact that people have always organised themselves around an ideology which they care about, it doesn’t mean the ideology is a religion, and the examples you’ve given are political and secular in nature. In no way, shape or form could they be described as religious, unless you took an equally dim view of religion, which indicates that you have already evaluated the whole value of the Church, and found it wanting for a flock. The problem with your ideas is simply that not too many people give a flock.

I’m quite satisfied to remain a member of the Catholic Church and wish to have nothing to do with your BS preaching intolerance of other human beings, corrupting the values which you claim to hold, and thinking you’re showing virtue by arguing we should be turning people away rather than it being our moral obligation to do everything we can to help other people in need.

You have a very warped view of of the Church, which should explain why your ideas fail to resonate with most people, whether or not they are religious.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭foxsake

i agree but the problem is the fervent ones seem intent on being political and making laws and regulations for enforce consent from the rest of us.

This the problem , I don't overly care about wokeness and I'm happy to live and let live but when people use it to control or label me (or inject the school curriculum with utter skutter) me I get quite passionate on rejecting it.

The issue isn't wokeness per se it's control and always was.

Woke up woke this morning feeling fine. I've got climate change, immigration and how to safeguard women in an increasingly patriarchal society on my mind.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Another trolling thread from the OP

Closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement