Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Well the government under MM did all they could considering all the trouble in the world right now. How things well go from here under Leo? I don't know but I think things will be alright. Theirs only so much that can be done about certain problems and all Leo can do is his best. An election in the new year is a going joke that anti government types just put out as they can't think off anything else to say.

Dan.

He was asleep when candidates were asked to show hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I agree.

But there was no drama expected and none delivered and even the political nerds have more to be doing on the final full shopping weekend before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Wrong on so many levels.

You see, like him or not or his party, he is in there organising and making and helping make policy decisions.

While on the other hand all the opposition party's are doing is sitting there having a good whinge and moan about the decisions and policies he is influencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,456 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

So you are saying that Sinn Fein would prefer the country to get into a deeper mess than step up now to solve the problems?

What sort of cowardly patriots are you painting them to be? Standing idly by seems to be what you want them to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

No blanch. I am reading the room. FFG will reap what they have sown over the next 2 years.

None of the opposition want to be tasked with cleaning up the utter disasters that FFG have created and continue to worsen. But we need an end to the FFG power swap and some blinkered citizens including yourself cannot see that.

The government have 5 years to fix the housing disaster, the health crisis, waiting lists, homelessness, rental crisis, cost-of-living crisis, A&E waiting times, children's hospital, climate targets, forced emigration etc etc. Let them go full term and prove us all wrong. Let's see how all those 'plans' go...

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

You are saying on the one hand that we need an end to the FFG Government, but on the other hand that none of the opposition parties are able or willing to go into government. That makes them cowardly. If Mary-Lou are her companions were serious, they would have been standing up and putting her forward.

Waffle waffle waffle. I have never called for an early end to this government. Not once.

And I won't be drawn in to your SF obsession to prevent being reported 😉

And I will vote Catherine Connolly (IND) again at the next general election. She is great at keeping the 3 unwise men in check.

I must say I thoroughly enjoyed seeing our own FF charlatan O'Cuiv saying Ta to a FG leader as Taoiseach. Priceless stuff. It just shows how many decades this country wasted on the civil war politics charade. That's all it was. A pretence to allow for corruption and cronyism on a wide scale.

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭mattser

Meanwhile every second word is ' change ' 😄.

MLMD is the only opposition politician claiming to want to be Taoiseach, yet according to you, she is too afraid of actually doing the job.

However, I am happy to put all of the opposition into that box. Where was Catherine Connolly's nomination, or her co-leader's? They also appear to be afraid of taking on the role.

I find it astonishing that anyone, politician or otherwise, would simultaneously be claiming that the government is destroying the country while also claiming that they are prepared to wait another two and a half years for an election because it will be even worse by then. That can only be described as some form of self-punishment.

The most illuminating part of this weekend was the craven nature of the opposition.

• Advertisement

Catherine Connolly is an Independent in my constituency of Galway West. Keep up. She has more integrity than the entire cabinet. Oh and the SDs have 6 seats so you are flapping.

Mary Lou's nomination would have been defeated like the last time. You could ask SF why she wasn't nominated but they don't post here anymore - I wonder why.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭rob316

SF are fake opposition, they will do business with FG/FF and so would FG/FF. They are stepping more and more into the mainstream and I'd be shocked if they don't get a go in the next election. They'll go the same way as Labour, PD's and be thrown under a bus by FF/FG.

Oh an independent. Mixed her up with Catherine Murphy. My apologies, she is even more obscure than that. Quite bizarre to think that electing independents is seen as the way to change a government.

Yes yes....she is the leas-cheann comhairle of Dail Eireann and is one of the most respected TDs in Leinster House. Your own Fergus O'Dowd of Irish Water fame went for the role but was defeated. Her Dail speeches have absolutely held the 3 unwise men to account. I think I posted a few of them but you may have missed them. Some superb contributions around the Mother and Baby home report (how's that leak investigation going by the way?). What have the FFG cabinet ministers achieved in basics such as housing, health, homelessness, waiting lists, trolley crisis, climate etc? All worse yeah?

Can you list any achievements of hers other than hot air?

Seriously, had a look at her website and her last contribution to the website was February. Her fourth last contribution in August 2021 was about drinking in Galway. Stellar achievements of hers.

She has so held the 3 unwise men to account that they are still there.

2 former health ministers in charge and the health system continues to deteriorate.

INMO warns of dangerous overcrowding as 760 on trolleys (rte.ie)

There were 760 admitted patients waiting for a hospital bed this morning, the highest number since January 2020, according to the Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation.

There were also 39 patients waiting for a bed at the three children's hospitals - 19 at Children's Health Ireland Crumlin, 15 at the National Children's Hospital, Tallaght and five at CHI Temple Street.

"We know that more often than not our members are working in conditions that are unsafely staffed, meaning that providing safe care in an overcrowded environment is impossible."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I always love how ffers resort to blaming the world for their fookups and failings.

Lehmans at fault again hah?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Yes indeed, FF is to blame for the state of the Republic of Ireland in 2022:

3rd in the world Global safety index

5th in the world Human Freedom Index

6th GDP per capita

8th on the good country index

11th on the global charitable country index

13th Global happiness index

14th quality of life index

As the saying goes, a lot done, more to do

1st in the world for whingers and moaners about the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭howiya

The maths of the current Dáil mean it's impossible for any of the opposition parties to go into government. Hardly makes them cowardly.

Earlier in the week government supporters were suggesting Boyd Barretts motion of no confidence was a waste of Dáil time. Now they are suggesting that the opposition should be nominating a Taoiseach which would be another waste of Dáil time.

• Advertisement

Varadkar 'to take ownership' of housing and climate change (irishexaminer.com)

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar is to adopt a hands-on approach to plans aimed at tackling the housing crisis and climate change, signalling his intention “to take ownership of the big issues”.

“I’m very close to Darragh O’Brien, our housing minister, but certainly I’m very keen over the next few weeks to sit down as a Government, talk to the people involved in the sector, and see what we can do to accelerate the implementation of that plan and also give consideration to any additional measures that we could take.

-------------------

Oh dear, Leo is hinting a lot that FF weren't taking the housing disaster seriously. FF TDs are talking about inheriting a disaster from FG. Interesting couple of years ahead. None of their 'targets' will be met, none.

Hello everybody, I have a house and a good job and my health is fine so I don't give a fiddlers about the crumbling health system or the housing disaster or the homeless. It doesn't affect me. I'm fine. Let them eat cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Translation: "Look at me everyone, I am so selfless and caring that I deserve to be heard. In fact, my fellow citizens, I and my kind deserve the power to make you all care about the poor much as we do. We will start by eliminating the rich".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭mattser

Ther perma whingers are rudderless in recent times

• Registered Users Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's all on him and his party, they sat on their hands for 10 years doing nothing. We're going to get another housing plan/bill with a catchy title - Rebuilding Ireland, Housing for all, which will just funnel more taxpayers money to developers. The long term changes need to be made now so we might have a functioning housing market 5 years from now and into the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Yeah tell the people of Rathkeale about the Global Safety Index.

Tell the two families in Sligo that lost a member to an interloper simply because he hates gay people about the global safety index.

Or perhaps tell the family of girl in Offaly about how great we are on safety.

Tell the people in towns and cities how safe we are when they watch kids ramp police cars and laugh in videos about it.

GDP per capita, all based on FDI which at the moment is retrenching itself and always dependent on what US does.

Wohooo 11th for charity, you mean that there are 10 bigger idiots countries out there gifting money to NGO slush funds and countries to buy fighter jets. (wasn't Michael involved personally in that one btw)

Why not tell those sitting a day in A&E, the ones waiting years on operations, the ones living in the box room at home because even renting is now beyond people with a semi decent job about how great the quality of life is?

Or perhaps you will do like your fellow government mouthpiece and tell us how wonderful a childrens hospital we will have .... someday.

A lot done my ar**, all your government have done is throw open our borders.

Quislings.

Nice to see the FFers and FGerrs agreeing yet again.

Why not get it over with and just coalesce once and for all.

Fooking spanners not fit to run a corner shop.

I am not allowed discuss …

You're right...asking my government for a functioning housing system and health service is a bridge too far and must of course be a thinly veiled attempt to eliminate the rich. 😂

Jesus wept. It's the bloody basics. How do you accept such mediocrity in your life? I cannot comprehend that.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭CarProblem

You're supposedly selfless, I'm selfish. Anyone who wants to meet me for a cup of tea to hear first hand horror stories of me seeing two family members exposed to the vagaries of the public health system are more than welcome. This is despite the huge amount we spend per capita (with a relatively young population). And dear old Finty needed worry about randomers "eliminating the rich" - look at our personal tax rates, cost of living, rates of social welfare etc. The government is doing a fine job of this as we speak - no help needed

Also re. ranking - we rank very highly on the "government debt per capita index" also, that one is missing from his list.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭CarProblem

Probably worth posting seeing as the great "Prudent Paschal" is surrendering the reigns as Finance minister (note I know he wasn't finance minister for the entire period since FG came to power)

We will spend almost 33bn (or almost 50%) more in 2023 than in 2012, yet public services are still a shambles

we will spend almost 3bn more on social protection in 2023 than in 2012 despite unemployment being less than one third of the rate. Continuously making work less attractive, the shocking refusal to increase pension age meaningfully and continuously throwing money at those who least need it (the over 65s) are all factors here

We will spend 9.2bn more (or sixty five f**king per cent) more on health. Not much else to say there (I'd like to insert a shooting myself in the face emoji at this point)

Our national debt is greater than a quarter of a trillion euros yet we continue to spend like a drunken sailor in a brothel on pay day

The top rate of tax is still 52%

Yet the media and some commentators are hailing the man FFS

To repeat - where's that shooting myself in the face emoji

• Advertisement

If all the whingers and moaners moved to Ukraine and Syria for a higher quality of life than in Ireland, we wouldn't have as much problems housing the refugees.

Why do you think so many people want to come and live here? It's not for the shenanigans in Rathkeale, one small town with particular issues. It is because of the higher quality of life in Ireland.

Health outcomes in Ireland are ahead of most of the rest of the world, as shown by our life expectancy.

Advertisement