Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Lidl Sour Bears were an occasional guilty pleasure of mine.

Bought a packet yesterday and they aren't sour at all, anymore. I'm gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭tscul32

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Greek Week! I'm a big Philhellena so have been gorging on Mythos, Oozo and the ice cream with honey.

I might be dead by the time you read this message. Or in a sugar coma.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,440 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Do LIDL stock anything similar to Muller rice desserts?

https://www.muller.co.uk/our-brands/muller-rice/muller-rice/vanilla-custard-flavour

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Lidl have the variety 6 pack of rice desserts which are manufactured by Muller under the Milbona brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Juran

Brownies and square pink.donuts from the bakery section. We love them !

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Got the shrimp pancakes during the weekend, air fryer for 7 mins, salt and vinegar.... it's as close to chipper standard at home I've had

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Serious bargain in Lidl 😂

Then again I've seen Tesco actually charge more for multi buy items 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Siracha sauce for 2.49 ! Finally good to see it cheap somewhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Recliner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

I got them in the top shelf of one of the frozen food isle.. think it's where the frozen fish was

I got a bag of frozen edamame beans in Lidl a couple of weeks ago. I never saw them before and I haven't seen them since.

We're they a special?

Tried the shrimp pancakes today. Nothing like I thought they'd be, but I loved them.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Tried that Cream of The Crop Gelato from that Irish Kickstart range, what a let-down, especially for that price tag. Not creamy at all and tasted quite cheap.

Also binned a bag of their Kearney's porridge, tasted really strange, as if the packaging had impacted on the flavour. I got it for free, still annoying when you have to bin 1,5kg of porridge.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

They have recently changed the recipe for their Handcooked Crisps Mature Cheese & Onion flavour and I think they are better now. I was never a big fan but OH liked them so we'd buy them. They are now a bit more cheesy in flavour, I found them a bit bland before. I'm quite partial to the Balsamic Vinegar and Sea Salt ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Really like their sour cream and onion lentil curls - tasty snack and only 93cals :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Has anyone seen their deluxe barmbrack in stores this year? It was the only one I ever liked.

Lidl have stopped selling my favourite wine of all time. A vinho verde. Granted it was less that 7 quid a bottle, so probably pure plonk, but I loved it. They have another one for 15 quid, outside my budget.

I'm actually very annoyed.. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

That was a lovely bottle. Maybe Vino Verde is a seasonal bottle so keep an eye out in case it comes back next year. Light and fresh - €7 is about the proper price for this.

• Advertisement

No, definitely not a seasonal product. Has been on the shelves for some time. I'm looking into online ordering some vinho verdes that we've enjoyed in Portugal.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭mikep

Lidl seem to have changed a lot of their standard range of wines for lower quality ones lately. This could have been a casualty.

I have started buying some Aldi wine again as their quality has improved greatly recently. They may even have a vino Verde.

Bit the bullet and bought the €15 vinho verde. Very disappointing. None of the crispness I would have expected. Just like an average bottle of wine.

Won't be re-purchasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

Just made the switch to Lidl from Aldi myself and struggling to fine a nice white wine. Any recommendations for nice bottles of Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

There's a gorgeous PG di Venezia in Aldi, think it's 9.99, but I can't think of the name of it - it's in a dark, fat, heavy bottle. I might have a pic of the label somewhere, I'll post it if I can find it.

ETA - whoops, I read that the wrong way around - you're looking for PG in Lidl! Can't help with that, I'm afraid, I find the wines much better in Aldi (apart from a red that is sometimes in Lidl, but I can't remember the name of that either!)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Not Lidl either, but Supervalu: We had Invivo X (from Sarah Jessica Parker's wine range) recently and it was one of the best Sauvignon Blancs I've had. I often find them too acidic, but this one was just right. It's on offer at the moment, not exactly a bargain at 16€, but I'd get it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Hi

Can any regular shoppers in Lidl tell me if they sell smoked trout please!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭baldbear

The Lidl plus app is good to see if they have specials. It has different types of fish in it for this week. Not sure about trout.

Freeway cola zero is very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,440 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The really nice English breakfast tea is now Scottish breakfast tea. Perfect for Scottish water it says. Well I dont have that water maybe thats why its so poor in comparison...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I see LIDL doing a range of outdoor reared pork sausages and bacon from crowe farm - 2.99 for the 400g pack of sausages - great value compared to the normal crowe's price iirc (€4.30ish)

Advertisement