Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tuskrus II - Revealify

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

0MmgBz.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

‎ ╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬ ╬╬╬╬╬╬╬███╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬ ╬╬▓█▓╬╬████╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬▓███╬████╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬ ╬╬████╬▓██╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬███╬╬███╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬ ╬╬███╬╬▓██╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬███╬╬██▓╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬ ╬╬▓██╬╬▓██╬╬╬╬╬╬▓█╬╬╬╬███╬╬██▓╬╬╬╬▓▓╬╬╬╬ ╬╬███╬╬╬██╬╬╬╬╬█████╬╬███╬╬██▓╬╬╬█████╬╬ ╬╬███▓█████╬╬╬▓█████╬╬███╬╬██▓╬╬▓██████╬ ╬╬▓████████╬╬╬██▓╬██╬╬███╬╬██▓╬╬███╬╬██╬ ╬╬████████╬╬╬▓██╬███╬╬███╬╬██▓╬╬██╬╬╬██╬ ╬╬███▓╬╬██╬╬╬██████╬╬╬███╬╬██▓╬▓██╬╬╬██╬ ╬╬▓██╬╬▓██╬╬╬█████╬█╬╬███╬╬██▓╬███╬╬▓██╬ ╬╬▓██╬╬███▓╬╬███╬╬███╬███╬╬██╬╬▓██╬╬███╬ ╬╬▓██╬╬███╬╬╬▓██████╬╬███╬╬███╬╬██████╬╬ ╬╬███▓╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬████▓╬╬▓███╬████╬╬╬████╬╬╬ ╬╬╬██╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬ ┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼▓███████▓┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼████▓▓┼┼┼▓▓████┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼▓██▓┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼▓██┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼██┼┼┼┼┼┼▓┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼██┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼█┼┼┼▓███┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼███┼┼┼▓█┼┼┼┼┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼┼┼┼█┼┼┼┼█▓▓██┼┼┼┼┼┼┼██▓██┼┼┼▓█┼┼┼┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼┼┼████▓▓█▓▓▓█▓┼┼┼┼┼██▓▓▓█▓█████┼┼┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼┼██▓▓▓███▓▓▓█▓┼┼┼┼┼▓█▓▓▓███▓▓┼██┼┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼▓██▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓█┼┼┼┼┼┼┼█▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓██┼┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼█┼▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼█▓▓▓▓▓▓██┼▓█┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼█┼┼┼████▓▓██┼┼┼┼┼┼┼▓┼██▓█████┼┼┼█┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼█┼┼┼┼┼┼▓███┼┼┼██┼██┼┼┼███▓▓┼┼┼┼┼█┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼█┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼▓▓┼┼┼▓┼┼┼▓┼┼┼▓┼┼┼┼█┼┼┼┼█┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼█┼┼┼┼█┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼█▓┼┼┼█┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼█┼┼┼┼█┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼██┼┼┼█┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼██┼▓┼█▓┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼█▓┼┼█▓┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼┼█┼┼┼┼█▓┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼██┼┼▓█┼┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼┼┼█┼┼┼┼██▓┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼▓██┼┼▓█┼┼┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼┼┼┼██┼┼┼▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓█████┼┼┼██┼┼┼┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼███▓┼┼┼┼▓▓██████▓▓┼┼┼┼██▓┼┼┼┼┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼▓████▓┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼▓████┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼▓█████████▓┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼ ┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

At least Tusk wont forget about me in his Walrus.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote:
    At least Tusk wont forget about me in his Walrus.....

No he'll forget about all of us :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Did you know that if you Google "Tusk Walrus" you find a film called Tusk, in which a man is kidnapped and transformed into a walrus?

HpEr.gif

Directed by Kevin Smith. Johnny Depp turns up. How have I never heard of this?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Did you know that if you Google "Tusk Walrus" you find a film called Tusk, in which a man is kidnapped and transformed into a walrus?

Directed by Kevin Smith. Johnny Depp turns up. How have I never heard of this?!

I've never seen it but I remember Smith talking about it on his podcast. He couldn't believe Johnny depp actually signed on for the role and he kept expecting him to pull out at any minute :D

That other guy in the clip was the preacher in Red State another Smith film that is well worth a watch.

edit: but don't watch the trailer- it gives basically gives away the entire film plot and ruins it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

This Reveal never needs to resume for me to know I've got the wooden spoon, so let's just all forget it ever happened and move on with our lives. 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Lol.

In at the middle we have rikand with 12 points for Cowboy Bebop OST 4 - time to know - be waltz

Notes:

strummy intro. flutey. nice. ooh i like. jazzy. feel like i'm breezing down the road in a convertible. yes. sounds a bit like men behaving badly there hahaha. cannee bate some sax. this feels like it's pulled directly from oceans eleven as they pan across a view of them walking by an italian canal. whoa. rappy. didn't see that coming. is it actual words? can't decipher it. oh heres martin clunes back again. yeah this is nice.

• Advertisement

11 points for fixxxer in a shock result for God Knows - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Notes:

hearing the first bit of this i already know who submitted it. HOpeuflly he proves me wrong this time round. crash, here we go. I like the intro. tidy solo. music is nice. vocals are bit off. U can tell it's an anime type track with the way the vocals are. but the song itself is nice. Very busy and the levels are a bit all over the place. A lot of mess and interference. I'm assuming the video has a big crowd or somehting and maybe this isn't in a clean version of the song? solid rock vibes in the BG. Hard to really hear it well with all the crowd antics tbh. wish it was a clean version, because I think i'd enjoy it a whole lot more. nice solo. GG. I'm delighted I finally liked one of your submissions!

Enjoy that taste...

The rest over the weekend ;)

Is it too late to enter?

Awh mate. If only you got in 16 months ago. Soz

13 points for Deja with Almost There from Princess and the Frog

Notes:

nice chill vibes beginning. nice flourishy vocals. jazzy. nice. reminds me of toy story. shoulders bopping away to this, very breezy. slowdown time. yeah. nice little hooky vibes. I enjoyed that.

Osh with 10 points for Princess Mononoke

For some reason I can't find notes for this one

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I think I speak for everyone when I say I haven't what I picked

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Ah, so this is round 2 :D

Middle of the deck for the first 2 rounds, HEWT

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm presuming the rappy bit is actual words. How's your Japanese ? :)

• Advertisement

Remaining result will be posted tomorrow folks. Get your party hats at the ready

14 points go to @beakerjoe for Transformers Movie Soundtrack

Notes:

classic drum intro. let's go. synthy... transformeeerss. tidy little rock number. woah, that was a bit meatier than expected. proper vocals. wow. man old school cartoons had the best theme tunes. yes. operatic. i mean, it's just a good time. key change bridge, solo is nice and pinchy. i wanna watch this now. exciting! getting a bit bored now tbh. it's good, but maybe a bit too much of the same towards the end. serious guitar work in there. Who is this? really cool.

@Irish Aris scoops up 9 points for Accidentally in Love - Counting Crows

Notes:

proper early 2000s vibes off this from the get go. i mean, these songs when you already know them quite well. It's so hard to be objective. that chorus tho. so catchy. come on come on. it's a classic. nice little flutey flourish. the prechorus is a nice little unexpected downturn, that leads into the chorus, giving it a bit more oomph. it's a bitt of a soft song. like could it benefit from a bit of power? i don't know. that little riff reminds me of avril lavigne. yeah. it was grand.

@Kolido now you know.... 15 points for you and your Somewhere Out There

Notes:

sounds familiar. oh yeah. i know it. another one of those classics. powerful vocals. proper voice. lovely. what's it from. will i remember? place your bets. oh nice male vocals in the mix. is it aladdin? hmm. naaah, this isn't al's voice. yeah this is nice. I love a powerful drum. oh. a solo. delightful. loads of emotion packed into it. i can't think what this is from and it's annnoying me. after the start being so good. the female vocal is actually the weakest part. nice song

8 points = no worries for @Sawduck with Hakuna Matata

Notes:

oh a classic aye. it means no worries. I feel like this is a cheat entry because everyone knows it so well. What's a motto with you. Is it even possible to listen to this objectively? The simba bit is the best. I mean. half of it is talking. I'mma just throw a score down and come back at the end to see where i sit

@Also Starring LeVar Burton absorbs a tasty 16 points for Zenzenzense (whatever that means)

Notes:

uplifting riffage. nice. glitchy. liking. Oh, wasn't expecting that vocal. ok. yeah not bad. there's a lot of asian stuff this round. yeah this is funky and boppy. vocals are the weak point, but i'm still bopping. reminds me of a different japanese song I like. similar bit in the vocals. I like the main riff. very nice. it's very well put together this song. constant movement and progression. layering is nice. oh we're into a soft bridge. now were back. yeah i'm into it. could see myself adding this to a playlist. alright that was a weird change into a choral chant. keeping it consistent tho. I'm still listenting to the same song. and bopping still. hard break into the next chorus. Nice. yeah the end seems much more coherant with the vocals. nice. i'm a fan.

7 points for @Arghus and his Sing Along by Sturgill Simpson

Notes:

noice. techno intro. yeah deece. seems a bit dissonant. bit's of it don't seem to fit well. I'm finding this a lot with some of these songs. like you really have to be watching to get the full understanding of the music. it's ok though. i like the vocal melody. and the technologik vibes. not blown away tho at all.

@Baggly going for a classic, and succeeding with 17 points for Circle of Life

Notes:

lads is the lion king the only animated movie some of u have ever seen? this is a beaut tbf tho. probably the best song in the movie. again though. so hard to objectively rate, having had such experience with it. u have to love it though.

Next up is @phatkev with a sixer for The Art of Dying - Gojira

Notes:

oooh mongolian throat singing. i'm down. nice beats. let's go. oh let's go. ..... are we going to go? ok here we go. i think. Some bass in there. very low. oh ****. woah. head blast. i have no words. just headbaniging. yes. i like. could do with some variation tho. there we go. oh no. screaming. man i just can't get on board with screamers. I like heavy music, but i just cant get into the style of vocals. ever. just doesn't do it for me at all. Ok, i need to disregard this, so i can enjoy the music. lovely drum rolls. I would happily listen to this without the vocals. this is a 'clean the office' song for me. yeah i really like this. oh interesting epic sounds coming in now. man if there was actual singing in this, it would be so good. beat attack. lovely. i don't mind some of the screams, but if it was punctuated with some nice vocals it would make me happy. i'm so conflicted with this, because for me it could be very very high, but the vocals screw it up for me. nice melodic riff here now. This is a long song. I have a meeting soon.... they really like to find a tune and stick with it for the long run. like 8 thousand bars of the same thing can get a bit boring... just sayin. fade out. very nice, but again, same thing for a long time. you almost get lost in it and it becomes just muddled. Overall. really liked the music. hated the vocals. dissapointed with the composition. oh wait is it not over. we've some ambient tunes coming in now. nice. aaaand now i'm bored again.

• Advertisement

@Electric Nitwit gives it a grand oul whack with The Heavy's - How You Like Me Now? And nets himself a tidy 18 poi

Notes:

funk time biitches. oohwee. this just grabs you instantly. bad bad bad bad bad man. yeah. oh yeah. i like the playfulness of the vocals. like he's legit just playing with u. he's a coooooold man. very nice. a feel emotional assaulted from his quiet 'how u like me now's . he's a player. it's a fine oul song this. very enjoyable.

Advertisement