Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for casual players just for fun / South Dublin

• 01-11-2021 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hello,

37yo from South Dublin, looking for casual players to meet from time to time (maybe one evening a week/ every 2 weeks).

Happy to play some Blues, Rock, Punk, etc. You don't need to be good, it works for me if you are learning.

Just looking for a way to unwind after work, nothing serious. Just for the fun of it after work and the kid goes to sleep.

I play mainly rhythm guitar, but I can also play bass and do some singing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

Hi there,

Would you be looking to play covers at all? I play bass and rhythm. Living in Clondalkin. 42 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭amargar

Yes only covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

I'd be interested then!

Cool let's see if we can get more people onboard

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vadasz

Hiya, I'm a drummer who played a lot in the late '80s/'90s, but took several years off. Just getting back into it over the pandemic. Small kit, transportation. I'm in D12 (50yo American, been in Ireland 14 years).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Singing Wheel

Hi, cajon and guitar here, sounds like good craic, drop a pm if you’re wanting to get a jam going. Based in Dublin 14, 35YO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 faye faye

I could be up for that! I can play bass or mediocre guitar, can't sing to save my life. 32, they/them, Dublin 20 and no car so I'm stuck to bus routes

Still looking for a bassist for some rock/blues.

We are planning on meeting in south or center Dublin during the week in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pablo green

Hi there, anyone here still looking for a bass player..? I'm in Dublin 14, 53yo, and am very available these days. I'm no virtuoso but am solid enough with rock/blues/pop/soul, etc, covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Tribeshift

I'm in Dublin 16, play bass and guitar, would love to jam on some tunes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 david1s12

Hey! I'm living in Blackrock and play guitar, would love to join and play with some other people! Hit me up if you're interested.

Hi everybody, thanks for the responses, I'll try to get a band together again once the cases start to go down, so I'll be in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ryanmctrippy

Hi, tried to send a message but doesn't seem possible. Did you get any reaction from this? I'm a guitarist based in Carrickmines, definitely up for jamming with some musicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 rockinit

@amargar 50's based in Dublin - vocals and guitar - happy to meet up also, if this is happening please get in touch, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bass_Dublin

Bass player, 50s, Ballinteer area - always up for a jam (note: reliable😊 - if I say I'll show up, then i'll show up).

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tiger g

Hi everybody, I'm very interested 55yrs play rhythm have all my own gear also. Covers band is great Craig.

A lot of responses here,I'd be interested in getting it going straight away anyone interested give me a shout ,there's enough people here to set up 2 groups.

We need

Lead guitar, rhythm guitar, Singer

Drummer, Bass , Keyboard .

A great time toget things going.

P.S.

Not trying to overtake here,but a lot of us mature people like playing music and want to get going now.

Let me now if your interested.

Cheers ,

Larry

Post edited by Tiger g on

Hello, I'm the OP, we are looking for a bassist now. We have vocals, rhythm guitar and drums.

We usually meet every two or three Tuesdays after 18 on Avenue Road Studios, very casual environment we usually just play what we feel like while we have a chat about life and music.

So far we are more into Classic Rock/Blues/Punk etc, but feel free to bring suggestions and we'll play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 eirecoffee

I play bass, I'm 30yo living in D12. Would be interested in getting involved

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MrWalterWhite

Mature drummer .. southside ... Looking for fun jam/band...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 singing

Singer available if anyone's interested ...South Dublin. 😀

• Advertisement

We are full again but I will post here if people drop!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 G6120

Guitarist here many years expo happy to jam but also open to getting a band on the road if its all there ? late 40s ...covers blues rock country rockabilly etc cheers 😁 Dublin 12

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

this thread looks promising... i'd be up for casual jamming every few weeks over winter.

have posted this here before, but here's my info for background (changes the 30s to 40s now though 😫🤣 )

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058209166/guitarist-for-others-dublin#latest

Singer/guitarist here. Can play a little keys too. I dabble in songwriting sometimes. In my early 40s.

Up for a jam for fun.

Live in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jabrantl

This would work real well as a jam night somewhere...

I'm very out of practice, I don't know if I'd have the courage to jump on stage right now!

😄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I’ll throw my hat in the ring here, lead guitarist based in South Dublin…. My last band of 5 years have called it a day and I want to confirmed jamming! I’m routinely available and mostly play classic rock, the usuals (Zepp, Queen, AC/DC, Bon Jovi etc….) also write my own stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FergalOMahony

Hi hows it going? I'm a bass player, 34, living just around the corner from Avenue Road. If you need bass at any stage give me a shout, I can bring an amp too if needed. Hope the sessions are going well.

Hey, I'm the one who created the post, we are looking for a singer now to join us. We have guitar, bass and drums already.

We usually play every other Tuesday at 18 on Avenue Road Studios. Very casual environment we just play what we feel like (usually rock/classic rock/blues) and talk about music and stuff.

• Advertisement

I can sing, as well as play guitar and I can dabble on keyboard. What kind of covers are you doing?

Advertisement