Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Agree Tommy. I think those who generalise need to look at themselves in a mirror. There’s good and not so good everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

The junction at Liffey Hall opened there a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Tommy boy has been a good and positive contributor since early days of this thread.

I can vouch He is anything but a troll. Please just because He disagrees with your insulting remarks why must that be classified as trolling?

EDIT: Rereading back I surmised You were calling Tommy a troll? I think You were actually referring to the other person. If so, apologies for the misunderstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

No the guy calling Lakeside the various names etc was surely just trolling. Apologises to Tommy Boy if he thought it was him, all Lakeside people stand together 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

I certainly was not trolling.

I've been burgled twice - both from lakeside.

A friend's business was broken into - guy was from lakeside.

A woman in a club I'm in was attacked - the girl was a junkie from lakeside.

Go to Naas courthouse on a Tuesday, Lakeside gets plenty of coverage.

That sinn fein thick knew what she was doing - she was targeting the xenophobic and racist people in lakeside with her false claims.

Yes there are decent people there too, but it's the scum there that always seem to rise to the top and show themselves off.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭inisfree0504

A friend of mine has recently started working in the town and is desperate for accommodation - she has trawled daft.ie etc but there are literally only 1-2 lettings at a time. Is there somewhere else/more local ads would be posted? I've had a look at facebook groups but there doesn't seem to be much there either.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to be asking about this - just hoping to be pointed in the right direction of where to look.

I got an email from Thornton's during the week informing me that their rates are going up.

Green Bin from €1.75 to €1.95

Brown Bin from €6.25 to €6.90

Black Bin from €11.30 to €12.50

I'm not sure yet what their annual charge is going up to ( if at all ), this year it was €85.00.

While I have no complaints about their service, I find their charges becoming expensive - how they can justify the charge for compost is something I cannot fathom. I know Oxygen and AES are in RH

Are there other options in Newbridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭GavMan

Ray Whelan is the other one I see every now and. I've no complaints about AES myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭Damien360

We use Oxigen. No bother with them. They were also willing to drop their price to match (paid in full for year) as AES were cheaper this year.

• Advertisement

Frasers is opening today where debenhams used to be. Mr Price are going in to a unit beside where Timbercraft and Tyre Source are.

There is a Mizzoni pizza coming soon to the unit where Al Vesuvio and more recently Ramen were located.

That’s across the road from Eddie Rockets, right Cazale?

Yet another fast food joint. I know there are a lot of economic uncertainties on the horizon, but if someone can afford to pump money into another fast food joint, why can they not put the money in for a decent restaurant. It’s a shame we have to go to Kildare Town, Two Mile House, Milltown, Kilcullen etc to have a decent dining experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

I miss Al Vesuvio. <sad>

In the last couple of months I've had really good experiences at Jaipur and Dubh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I had a lovely meal in Jaipur in the last month - first time eating there in years.

Ate in the new Indian Restaurant on Main Street over Eddie’s shop last weekend (don’t know current name). Lovely food and lovely staff. Reasonable pricing also. Usual cobra beer available and wines of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Silver Oaks. I haven't been in there yet, but got a delivery and it was fine. I still prefer the food from the other new Indian in George's Street, the magnificently named Tandoori Spice Hot. 😃 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

What work are they doing on Morristown Road? I guess they must be doing something with the bridge? Hopefully widening it? I see its closed till the end of the month.

I heard the bridge was hit twice & they are repairing it. Didn’t realise it’s closed until month end though.

• Advertisement

It is always getting hit. I have met the Centra articulated truck on that more than once. Not sure how it gets around the roundabout close to the sarsfield side. It’s tight for buses also. And lots of people are just clueless to the width of their cars. It really needs to be either widened or more likely get lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

Agree, if it can't be widened, they need to put lights there.

I could be wrong, but didn’t the Rathangan bus used to be routed over that bridge too?

I agree, this bridge should be traffic light controlled, just like Sexes Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Hi all.

Really sorry if this is not the place to ask but, given it is the official thread for Newbridge, I expect local residents can give me the best answer. We have been looking at a house in Newbridge and we really like it. However we have heard from some people who claim to know it better than us that Newbridge is a bit rough. Can I ask if you have found this while living there?

I don't mean any offence at all by asking this question, I am just trying to get feedback from people who live there as opposed to second hand information.

Mind me asking what area You are looking at?

To answer Your question, I would say categorically that Newbridge is not rough at all. Personally, I wouldn’t walk down Eyre Street at night ( street that runs parallel to Main Street ) otherwise I’d have no problem going anywhere in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Would there be enough room for a queue of traffic with the entrances to Lakeside Park and Beechmount Avenue/Allenview Heights there, as well as Watercress Manor and the vet? I suppose it would be doable with lights but it'd be messy. A new wider bridge would be the ideal solution but won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Thanks! Don't really want to give too much away other than to say it's not in Newbridge but Newbridge is the closest town to it.

Newbridge is not rough. There are isolated incidents of crime and anti social behaviour like anywhere in the world. If the area and house suits you and your budget, go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jess2019

I moved from Dublin to Newbridge and would not class Newbridge as rough at all. Of course, you get the odd dodgy person, but compared to Dublin the number is very small. Not even worth mentioning. The people are very friendly, I haven't seen any trouble at all since I moved here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

Not sure what kind of demonstration was taking place outside McDonalds in Newbridge today, but not a great place for people holding placards (beep if you think all politicians are corrupt ??!!) when you're trying to negotiate a large busy intersection . Were they run out of the town centre ?

Advertisement