Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 280

• 19-10-2022 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Hi, I didn't see a thread on this yet strangely,

Does anyone know, can you buy the BT Sport Box Office via Sky TV, if you don't have the BT Sport channel in your Sky subscription?

It looks like you can, but after a lot of searching, I'm not 100% sure. Not looking for a dodgy stream, happy to pay for it, just don't want to pay the PPV, then find out I'd also need a BT Sports monthly subscription on top of that as well?

And on the fight, looks like a great card, I'm predicting, Yan, TJ and Do Bronx for the wins, but it could also be the complete opposite of that on the night so should be a good one!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

without the BT sub already there is no way to legally buy the ppv in ireland as far as im aware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

What a card! I'm absolutely buzzing for this one.

Fun fights other on the premlims: Al Capone v No Time. Love this fight! Should be a lot of fun. Belal v Brady too, although I know a few people don't like Muhammed's style.

Co-Main is a banger! Say what you want about Aljo, but he's the legit champion now. Sure, he got the belt in a dodgy way but he proved himself. Him v TJ should be a banger. I'm not a big Aljo fan after this shananegans but my God I hope he smashes TJ. Surely TJ is one of the least likeable charasters in the sport?

The Main Event, what a fight! Really pulling for Do Bronx here. He's the legit champ and one of the most exciting guys in the sport. Just hoping Makhachev doesn't get the chance to wet-blanket his way to victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Also lads, don't forget that these fights are on UAE time.

Prelims 5pm

Main Card 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭BigAl81

K, after finding nothing after searching a lot online, I rang Sky this morning, and was told the PPV event is standalone and "you definitely can order UFC280 without having the BT Sport's channel in your TV package".

Fingers crossed it works so, but the lady on the phone was 100% sure it will work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭barryribs

Im going with Oliveira, Dillashaw, Yan and Muhammad to win by TKO due to boredom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

any way to watch this if you are Virgin Media customer?

i also have now tv sports and sports extra

happy to pay for the PPV but not sure how.

anyone with info or advice pls reply or PM

Used to be able to watch on some dutch channel when stuck but doesnt seem possible anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,677 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Why is this BT box office? Usually on BT sports..I can’t recall last time a card was PPV. Maybe Poirier-McGregor 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Patsy167

My picks will be:

Makhachev - his wrestling is too good. Win by submission.

Peter Yan - #2 ranked fighter vs #13 - an easy stoppage win for Yan here. Not seeing what the hype with O'Malley is.

Sterling - TJ Dillashaw has been out of the game too long.

Matheusz Gamrot - not a strong pick. Would be equally happy to see Dariush win.

Chookagien - win by decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

And 30 euro on top of your sub is taking the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭PatrickDoherty

Can see Yan stopping O Malley tonight by kicking his legs off him.

Dariush Gamrot is a great fight Im surprised how big underdog Beniel is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Brady vs Muhammad should have been on the main card over the Fiorot fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,930 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I see he was 2/1 only seeing it now, bit suprised at that too. Those were great odds.

I'm finding it so hard to make a case for o malley, surely Yan will run through him?

He'll get the winner of aljo tj should he somehow beat yan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

hasbulla? **** off with that shite. It's not funny anymore

And I can't wait to see that stupid **** chimbob **** lip carpet mat get knocked the **** out soon.

I'm holding nothing back.

I retract. What a fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

That was a great fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Yan won that.

Well..... ****....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Dirty!

Omalley does not even think he feckin won

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Wow I don't know about that, great fight thought razor close. Sugar Sean the real deal though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,946 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's a disgraceful decision. Yeah, O'Malley is in shock that he got it.

I'm fairness O'Malley isn't celebrating it. I don't think he's at all happy about how it went.

was sure Yan won that third round but it was close, o malley surprised me.

He'll learn a ton from that, not sure he's ready for a five round fight either.

Aljo will tie him up in knots if they meet, reckon he could take TJ though

It's a pretty good win for the division, Dana will be very happy 🤣

Shite indeed this hasbulla mallarkey, it was funny for a week or two about two or three years back

Agree with you regarding Chimaev also, he's exciting to watch yet unbearable to listen to and I can't wait to see him humbled.

here comes the snake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Sean even seemed stunned at that decision.

Great fight though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

He must know how hated he is with that "who doesn't like a comeback story" line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭chin nuts

That's a disgrace of a decision. Yan had all the ground time in rounds 1 and 2 as well. If he wasn't Russian maybe he wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

There's poor Piotr Yan losing another fight that he won. If it wasn't for the combination of the blood from O Malley's knee and the Suga Sean hype train then I think it was his.

Really think T.J wins this against Sterling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭SM01

That was an awful decision. Yan clearly won that. Sean and his corner didn't believe it was anything but a Yan win

I can't think of another fight where I want both fighters to lose

still though I can't bear the thought of the snake winning a title fight and do think Aljo is the more likely winner

Don't think I've ever cheered on TJ before but I hope he knocks sterling out cold. Ever since he stole that win off poor Yan.

Jesus, his shoulder is fooked

Fine line between being brave and stupid.

One armed fight now.

Jesus lads.... I don't understand the world anymore. For a second there I was rooting for Tj..

• Advertisement

Karma is a biatch but I have to admit I felt for him in there!

He's a tough man for that!

Great awareness and patience from Sterling, many would've dove in on an injured fighter and risked it all. I was prepared for another 15 minutes of T.J getting hurt and plainly surviving. Another aspect is great refereeing as always displayed by Marc Goddard, experience and respect for the fighter's decision to be competitive shown to the highest of standards before calling the fight off.

A joke of a sport letting him fight with that injury to begin with, and shame on the ref/doc for allowing it to continue for so long, nobody had the fighters health as priority.

Who's everyone rooting for in the main event? Hoping Charles will do it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Charles.

• Advertisement

Same...

As a long time khabib fan though coaching Islam to the belt would be some achievement, but oliveria has just evolved so much I just want to see him keep going

Want a Charles win,

Not 100% sure of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Charles for sure. The most exciting fighter in any division.. Just hope he doesn't get smothered.

He tends to get hurt, similar to Tony Ferguson on his epic run. Had a few close calls to being finished along the way too.

I just don't enjoy the Khabib-esque method of fighting - but it's unquestionably effective.

You have to appreciate how technical the khabib style of fighting is though

#warcharles

Oliveira is who I'm backing but this is bound to be an epic contest no matter who wins or how.

Common Charlie!

Charles to submit Islam off his back...... Come on.... If sugar can beat Yan anything is possible

• Advertisement
Advertisement