Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

That’s some sense of entitlement you have, it wasn’t that long ago that you were registering fake accounts on here to try and scam circle k codes of other generous users.

Anyways I’d say the Lidl staff are having a right laugh at changing codes and watching you get your knickers in a twist as they are shared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Finally came through.. looks like they’re holding out till the email sends now

Active from tomorrow.

PARKRUN930

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cookiee

PARKRUN930

Don't bother try to redeem today, it will say invalid as code is only activated from tomorrow, seems like they changed it around

Code can be activated from tomorrow in the app and last day to redeem is Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 43 GipsyMoth

This was in the email too asking people not to share the codes outside of parkrun

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Escapees

Very strange changes to the parkrun redemption terms... Maybe Lidl didn't anticipate the level of interest and are trying to reduce the number of freebies given out by letting stocks run out for a few days...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Buffman

Exactly, when Lidl and Parkrun originally negotiated the deal, they would have had a rough idea of costs based on the number of Parkrun members. Now that they're probably giving away a lot more than that estimate, costs are probably way up and based on their last email I'd say it'll probably eventually get pulled.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

last code…doubt it will happen next week based on changes and abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I noticed that on their latest email, they are asking for the code not to be shared.

I presume they will change things soon enough, so that only actual participants are given the code at the run.

It's been great getting free stuff, but it is too good to be true.

A unique code to those signed up would reduce some numbers or to have it as a qr code for those who attend the runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

only predicted this afternoon that the Parkrun codes getting shared on that Facebook group could be the end of it and its looking like thats what will happen now if they are telling people not to share it. With 200,000 in the Facebook group it must be obvious in Lidl HQ that its being used much wider than the actual Parkrunners

It'll be a shame if it happens as the Parkrun treats were always much better than the ones on the scratchcards, like where else would you get things like organic blueberriers and caesar salads for free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭mikeecho

That's just a fb page.. how many of those ppl are then giving the codes to friends and family + the number of ppl who are actually registered for park run, and I presume they also share with friend and family.

No wonder stuff is often missing from the shelf.

... But having said that .. it's a lot of extra people going into lidl that otherwise wouldn't.

Time will tell.. three weeks will tell a lot.

Code working now. €5 of €30 and free apples, other that that offers are as usual weak and can’t see myself making spending ages scanning aisles to save €0.20 on something I don’t want or need and is probably out of stock anyway

Are you denying the fact you got banned from the circle k thread for breaking the rules and then reregistered as a new poster and started asking for codes?

in the prison forum you were found out and then you claimed someone in your house registered the new account before you cried like a baby and admitted it was you and asked for forgiveness

Snacking Tray or Hazlenut Chocolate on first scratch card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭uli84

This is crazy, some woman even offering parkrun codes on adverts

https://www.adverts.ie/28103189

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Nuts, I see she is offering H & M clothes vouchers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭amber2

Next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Well, someone just scuppered her by posting the code in her own thread. Now it's marked as sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Say she is just trying to get her ratings up. Nuts…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,669 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

We can blame the Facebook page all we want but we are doing the exact same thing here and are open to anybody with a web browser, not just those with a facebook account. And personally I see no issue with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭amber2

Don’t think people on here have an issue otherwise no one would post a bargain, just posting as a word of warning to get in there fast as the more that the code is being used the more likely it will be flagged to HO and the likely hood of it being pulled

Post edited by amber2 on

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

ha ha does anyone remember the circle k bandit 🤣 they’d take all the links. Fecking they must be dead now from a heart attack. Loved that circle k game, my car was spotless! Not so much now.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Those are very poor ''savings'' in my opinion...They have gotten poorer as the weeks have gone on.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 GipsyMoth

I have to agree and I’ve noticed they charge more on items than is advertised on the shelf it’s only 5-10c sometimes 50c but I’ve been stung many times now. I know prices fluctuate but they rarely update it

ive been going to Dunnes more often now the lure of the free junk food item is starting to wear off now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Patsy167

I've noticed in my local Lidl that the app is a massive hit with the kids coming in from school and might explain the shortages on the treats in recent weeks for some stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭uli84

As for Parkrun i’d love to join but nothing in my vicinity, typical :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Buffman

I wonder will they look at just using the Parkrun barcode? (For those not in Parkrun, you're given a wrist band with your unique barcode on it that you scan at each event so your times can be tracked)

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Escapees

Too much hassle I'd say as the database of unique runner barcodes would have to be managed etc. They'll just decide to stop the promotion probably. Which is fair enough really...

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭ECookie13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thats insane that someone on Adverts was selling Parkrun codes like wtf

Advertisement