Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Forces ultimate hell week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

They were dropping like flies tonight.

The purpose was to push people to their limits. Your goggles are full of sea water, your eyes are stinging, while carrying 10kg sand bags, you naturally are breathing heavily and naturally want to breath through your nose but can't because of the water, so have to force yourself to breath through your mouth.

I agree Oisin was the most interesting but mostly for a sort of sadistic desire to see him do badly. I think it's fair to say he didn't do too much research into this program or it's format. He stuck out like a sore thumb and got up the DS' noses.

he got up DS noses because he wasn't a macho guy like them, he was a small, slim jockey yet excels at what he does and did not break under pressure from them either! He was pretty cool and its a pity he's gone but I don't blame him either. He seemed happy with his decision.

I didn't get the sea water trial either, this show is not as tough as the non celebrity one. Not gripping me this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cumhachtach

I think like many new programmes there's a novelty factor when they first come on, as with Ultimate Hell in 2019.

Most challenges have been seen now. We've seen every possible DS reaction when someone forgets their iron bar or is late to bed. The DS plant has been done. It's nearly running its course like a lot of reality TV. Fellas like Goggins know this. Hence his book out last year and doing his Mental health and resilience tour with Rory's Stories.

I didn't find one bit of last night's episode interesting. I was doing a few bits and pieces and half watching. In the first few series I was glued to it incase I missed something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I get that but I'm struggling to see under what circumstances someone would have goggles full of seawater while above water. Doesn't really make much sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

But didn't the new DS say in the war room that this was the next best alternative to waterboarding them (as they cannot do that to them)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Hope they will water board them in the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

The point is to put them under enormous physical pressure and see how they react. How often will people be tied together and blindfolded while carrying things or rolling on grass instead of walking or crawling ..

Setanta looks like he was born for Ultimate Hell Week. A sort of Irish James Cracknell.

Its not about that though is it. Its about testing resilience to the limits

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Did literally nobody else notice Oisin Murphy’s full on Willy on show in episode 2? Can’t believe it got past the final edits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The crying on this show is endless, should be shot of o Carroll's daughter in the next episode she's painful. No hope she's lasts scratch.

Setanta like stringer is absolutely cruising this. I was getting annoyed earlier they were getting an easy ride with the jumping out a heli into water but then they had to ease off at the end of this episode they were dropping like flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah, I was expecting to hear how many complaints rte received because of it 😂🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Niall_76

I watched 2nd episode of English one. Wouldn’t say it was more intense at all, opposite in fact. Instructors chatting to contestants the whole time. They seemed to have a lot more down time and get rest while travelling to events. All standing watching others participate in events. “Interrogations” were soft too although Irish one is going like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭siblers

That's what I said. English version is much handier in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Sorry, saw the “more” and missed the “less”. The instructors are not as believable either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Oisin Murphy is still in it is he? He seemed to pull his armband off but there wasn't any official exit message from Murphy they usually do.

Fiona O'Carroll...what a whinger. "wah wah my kids my kids, I'm missing a birthday"

Setanta physically is walking through this.

Thank god luke thomas is gone, too mouthy.

The paralympian. Didn't notice him much until he left. He did well.

There's a lot of them I don't see much at all. Billy Holland, Aisling Daly, Johnny Ward, Fergus McFadden, Boidu Sayeh, Eoin Cadogan, Gillick. I'm guessing these last a lot longer.

Oisin Murphy has a bit of the John Joe from the toy show about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Oisin Murphy almost certainly gone I think - Agree on your last line about him too

Don't think any of the women will complete it this time around

The english version is strange. They are much nicer to the contestants but then some of the events are much harder. Like the boxing is full on. Irish version there's no hitting the head allowed. A fella punched a woman in the back of the head in the first week on the english one.

And in the english version week 1 they were in a room with that gas and no way out, they had to get thrown out the window. They had also made them run to the room so they'd be gulping big breaths of the gas in.

They'll be tyred after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,602 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That murder Ball would tire them out alright.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,036 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That's insane.

Strangely it'd be the caking of the mud on the skin I'd find the most uncomfortable

Ms

Fair play to 2 she fought to stay there but her energy was just zapped and gone. She had nothing left to give but fair to her for not quitting.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,036 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Jeez I'd throw a lump of muck at the DS if I discovered the end was so close after pulling out.

Funny the same people who do reality TV shows. Peter Finn on Treasure Island age 25 in 2001. Johnny Ward and Stringer on DWTS. Valerie Mulcahy The Underdogs etc.

Ms

Ha like they are really going to believe that some helicopter just crashed there lol. Fair play to the pilot flying the spinning helicopter do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

No. 9 'They're all fcuked. Shoot them all and put them out of their misery. Then shoot every DS'.

Ms

You know what. If I was a decade or more younger I think I could do Hell Week scratch and all but now no way.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I didn't think Johnny Ward would be so lost.

• Advertisement

They're taking it soft on them.

No way would a blathanid treacy type last so long in it that she was 50m from finishing.

Pete finn as I expected is up his own hole.

Advertisement