Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Principal Officer competition 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dryden2016

Hi folks. To meet my own request above (!), I'm just outside top 10 and was contacted about clearance today. So the wheels are turning on this panel again, and hopefully might even gather pace a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Witco

Me too Dryden, delighted things are moving again

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pelican_tusk

Hi, first time poster on this thread. On this panel though relatively low down I would say. Well done to everyone on here. Great to see it moving as per two posts directly above. Hopefully that will continue in coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 May Day

Does anyone know in general terms what happens when you are contacted by PAS? Any idea of timeliness from clearance to postings? Perhaps it's akin to how long is a piece of string!!!

I'm happy to report back when I've been appointed - might help to manage expectations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭APparently

Just got message from PAS asking if I was interested in DoE in Athlone. Presume the remainder on panel were offered the same and that none (or only a tiny number) of us put Westmeath down as one of our counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Pat_Mc

I see PAS now looking for expressions of interest for Athlone from the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BlitheSpirit

Interdepartmental Principal Officer Higher competition announced. Anyone on the current panel from first round of interviews can apply - if you want to go through it all again!

Yes I saw that. I can only assume its a similar process to the po.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 redguywhy

I placed around 600 in order of merit for this competition after the testing period. Is the panel held for long? Anyone know if it’s likely to get called to the next stage or not? Thanks!

• Advertisement

The panel lasts for 2 years. I really don't know how fast or slow the panels move generally. I was around 600 in an ap panel a few yeears ago and was contacted about 18 months in. I dont know about a po panel though. It's my first time. I 'm relatively high up and haven't heard a peep. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

AFAIK the 2019 PO competition got to about 800 in OOM. It's not inconceivable that this competition will do likewise especially as we are all expecting an avalanche of PO retirements. Whether this materializes or not is any ones guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cloudings

Does anyone know how many people placed on the current panel?

Just wondering when batch 2 in OOM would be called?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 softskills

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ben_Dovers

EOI for Education in Offaly sought earlier.

Anyone know where they are on the OOM?

@Ben_Dovers you can email the POClearance email and they will tell you how many are in front of you for your chosen counties. It's not as easy as asking where they are on the OOM as numbers 20 or 42 or 65, for example, could have come off the panels already for a county other than Dublin or for their department's internal panel. By my rough guess they are somewhere around number 15-18 from the original OOM.

Email from Clearance - they've reached 21 on the Dublin OOM

I haven't heard anything and I'm before that..... ????

I am 21 on OOM and haven't heard anything yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Bowiegal

I'm no 23 and Clearance said there are five people ahead of me so that means the next to be placed will be no 18.

I got an email that there were 13 ahead of me on the Dublin panel....so using my PO level maths ability....I figured out that they reached 21 on the Dublin panel.

Logical reasoning @Ben_Dovers, unfortunately PAS are anything but logical!! It's likely then that they have reached number 17 on the original OOM, but that 4 people who were between number 17 and yourself have already left the panel for other counties, internal promotions or other jobs. Either way, this panel is excruciatingly slow.

To give others an idea of the time frame involved in the clearance process, I provided PAS with authorisation to proceed with clearance (garda vetting, a reference from my current department) on 13 Sept and they confirmed my clearance was completed on 28 Sept. I'm a serving civil servant so it would have been pretty straightforward.

Oh my god. Thanks a million. That is very efficient. I had months and months in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Might be of interest to some on this thread who are current civil servants:

On the 'Civil Service - Post Lockdown - Blended Working' thread ( https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/119611314#Comment_119611314 ) we've been looking at what's on offer in different departments/employers around blended working. I ran a survey on this back in June, which is now outdated as departments began releasing official blended working policies. There's a new survey available now, from here: https://forms.gle/55tQJ3FcP68Zn2KA7

No personal info is collected, don't include any identifying info in answers, please. The last question is free-form text and I'll post up some of the interesting responses on the above thread unless asked not to. Or if they're defamatory. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Bowiegal

Movement seems to have stalled in last two weeks. Clearance advised this morning that the panel is still around 17/18.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 softskills

This is great info. Once this is done, do you then give notice and move or how is that managed?

Once clearance was completed I was contacted by HR in my new Department to ask who to speak to about a release date. That has been confirmed to them now so I'm awaiting something in writing confirming the move and details of where in the Department I will be working.

• Advertisement

There is movement - got an email from clearance for one of my regional choices.

Advertisement