Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads rerun edition!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Please get the Pedro Pascal wine plugs off my TV. I'd pay well for an ad blocker that could remove them forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

"Have ya got the corr with you tonight Ruth?"

Mind your own business ya nosy auld bag!

Heineken Zero

• Registered Users Posts: 55,443 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The word "holibobs" makes me cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

"and by the way I'm six months pregnant", nowt to do with me love heres your sandwich now an by the way I'm on my feet here on minimum wage since 7.30 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Skeffo

Hear hear. One of the rare ads that would absolutely put me off ever using that company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,703 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's so bloody loud it nearly drowns the voiceover out.

"I'm not the kind of person who wants to slowly die in traffic. I'm not the kind of person who wants to lie in a wooden box"

Can someone please explain to me the logic of this ad. I just don't get it.

So if you don't want to slowly die in traffic, then you want to go faster in traffic? So you get hit by a truck and end up lying in a wooden box (aka coffin)................is that right? So what is your option? Drive slowly? But you've just said you don't want to slowly die in traffic? It just baffles me every time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭RINO87

Girl form the North Country finishes Saturday, thank christ.

The Kranzel powerwasher... you can be konfident zey get a Kranzeling.... a la the Germans of Allo Allo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭Archeron

Do you want to know how to safely get your nuclear waste, liquid chlorine and aerosols onto a plane? Visit Daa.ie

Bag it

Zip it

Seper

Ate it.

Like an ad written by the producers of Bosco as what they thought would appeal to the cool kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

It's fvcking desperate.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I keep thinking of Von Richthofen from Blackadder:

”Have Baldrick sent to my room for a damn good kranzeling……. “

Strange ze German seems to be zaying “Krenzl”, while the Irish speakers says “Kranzel”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

The gas thing is they used to promote non-alcoholic beers so you wouldn't be grilled about why you're not drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

I hate the wooden box motorbike one too but it's more the ridiculous way your man speaks and where he adds emphasis

"I'm not ....(big gap)...the kind of person.....(big gap)....who wants...."

Nobody talks like that!!!

You'd need a Bosco song to get the utter eejits who are the public to get their act together at security. You would think they never were on a flight in their little lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Mav11

"I do have very funky sun glasses" Jasus!!!

We are cheaper we are cheaper we are cheaper than everybody else

We are..The Gap

(circa early/mid 80s I think - most annoying ads but I remember it to this day so kudos to the marketing guys)

Probably not a radio ad but that Safe Food ad on Spotify with that gobshite singing/roaring "75" when his burger is done gets on my tits.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It’s on radio too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Any BBQ / summer water safety ads are often hell for station sales and ad placement staff as they only get provisionally booked and confirmed Friday when the weather forecast looks locked in. BBQ food as well as safety ads

• Advertisement

Damn these people who get might sick and who may die in drownings. Awful bad for business.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You've got that rather backwards, which means I think you missed the point.

Those ads only get played when its warm. However they are often booked and cancelled multiple times over the course of a summer, for when its not as warm. Nobodies getting paid if they aren't played.

Supermarkets and various food brands (bread, sauces, meat particularly but also alcohol brands to an extent) do the same thing

Milkman.ie and the helicopter mom worried her son won't become a consultant because there's no milk in the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭thesandeman

How are they getting away with the "MAN" from Aviva ads in the current climate. Are there no female mechanics around?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clare_Culchie

No doubt it's been said already, but the ESB ad, "Going Home", from the 80's. https://youtu.be/btqSxlUJyxo

A close second is the Barry's Tea Christmas "Train Set" radio ad: https://youtu.be/Ab0-T0KkJzY

Breakdown assistance from the AA, of course it's the stupid man who fills a petrol car with diesel.

The man or woman or non-binary person from Aviva...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I swear I wasn't dreaming it, but I could have swore on Tuesday I winced when I heard that god damn advert for Mrs Browns Boys, 'I have friends but not too many, I have no hair on my....' on radio 1 😱 Please tell me that was a mistake and I don't have to endure another few weeks of that?!!!

Also, the advert for the TV licence, and the 'ittttsss the laawww', spoken like a guy who you know in his younger years was the rat who'd snitch on somebody or was teachers pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭thesandeman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭Dickie10

I think she is Amy Huberman, shes trying to have an adult/baby accent or tone, full of wonder and surpise as if its from a babys viewpoint like the TV ad, but she just sounds scareily crazy on radio. like a woman thats in need of a shot or two of valium maybe.

Advertisement