Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2022-Round 16 - Monza : Italian GP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Longing

Fantastic and total control win from Max. Brundle also mentioned in commentary he reminds him of the Schumacher days how he can switch on the tires.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Munstersrebel

LH wasnt involved... If he had been 1st no way would Sky suggest a standing start... Just like Brit fans booing MV is just fan loving LH. Dutch fans booing LH and its distasteful...

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Actually I was calling out that posters own hypocrisy while they were calling others hypocrites.

Jog on, I’m sure you have school tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,550 ✭✭✭✭klose

Of course, hence why I said if they're serious about being competitive. No point in latifis cash if they're getting fcuk all out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

If there's 5 laps or less left in the race then it should be a red flag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Did they really just say on Sky Sports as a "fan I would have loved a red flag and then a 2 lap rush to see what the other 2 could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,902 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I'd say it is a fine line though, a lot to consider for a team like Williams. Capito was asked pre-race and said they are in no rush to decide at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,063 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Shame how it ended, a restart could have been fun, the mixed up tyre strategies kind of made it interesting but otherwise nothing too surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Why couldn't Ric pull over to the left where there was a mile of space instead of right just off the track??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Delighted for Max and De Vries. Shame it ended that way but LeClerc wasn’t winning regardless, no need for the booing either.

Jesus Croft is annoying banging on about the lack of safety car, thankfully Karun saying the past is the last, you have to move on etc

As others have said, would be great to see Nyck in the Williams for the remainder of this year but can’t see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭coltmaster

Great race for De Vries. Rest was a forgone conclusion about midway. Was going to say I cannot believe the sky team, but I really can. Awful take as usual. I would have liked the 3 lap shootout but they are off again because it doesn't suit them. Either it is a red flag every time or none of the time, not when it suits them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Longing

There must been a rule change in resent years. I remember but this was a long time ago if there was a red flag after percentage distance that would be the end of the race. But obviously it has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Indeed they did. In the space of 30 seconds they managed to want a red flag for "entertainment" purposes and understood the fans booing but then swung around to how unfair it was to Lewis not finishing the race last year under a safety car. Laughable stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Brundle is right, best podium of the year with those crowds (booing or not).

Actually, Russell continuing his great first year in the Merc, fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Where's Michael Masi when you need him? Hilarious to hear the hypocrisy.

I wish you would all stop bringing it back up again,

Think of Lewis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

Sky logic:

With three laps to go of a 100 second lap, when the Marshalls have finished clearing the track and the field is lined up behind the safety car and ready to go, they should definitely end the race under the safety car

With three laps to go of a 80 second lap, when there is a cherry picker that still needs to cross the circuit and the whole field hasn’t even caught up to the safety car yet, it definitely needs to end under green flags

Why though if the incident did not happen it would have been the same result. Should we always stop a race then if it is like this with x amount of laps left just to have a print race. Where is the fairness in that with the racing driver in 1st place have a great drive only to get shafted if in those sprint laps they get in an accident. Should we do it in other sports. Oh your a long way ahead in a GAA match we will end it in a next score wins. Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭Trampas

Stupid question or idea. Why doesn’t the safety car just wait until the leader is coming down pit lane or main straight instead of driving off and took a few laps before he picked up max? saves unnecessary time getting wasted. Lapped cars know they can over take the leader automatically. Just seems sc is just a mess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Never mind next year. Williams should see out the end of the season with Albon and De Vries.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Motor racing is completely different to a fifteen-a-side sport.

Once Race Direction threw out the rule book when the Championship was on the line for the very last lap in the name of motor racing, everything should be on the table.

Do you think ending the race behind a safety car is motor racing?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The safety car deployment seemed very random. It picked up Russell and it took ages for it to eventually pick up Max who was the actual race leader. Wasted at least 2 laps with that.

Also then who would be on the sprint off all cars just the first 3. Imagine there is a big pile up or x car crashes. Leader for majority of the race crashes and does not finish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭McFly85

Yeah that was a killer. Probably could have gotten a one lap shootout without that mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I think a fair rule would be if there is a safety car in the least 10 laps then it should be a red flag and then a rolling, not a grid, restart.

That way the car in front still has some advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

A stinker of a race for Alpine. Ocon 11th and Alonso retiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I heard Russell asking on team radio if he could pass the safety car, they told him he could if there was a green light on top, he came back and said6there was a yellow. End of clip

I said it before, regardless of the "entertainment" safety car shouldn't be used with 10 laps or less to go. If its VSC put out VSC but if its safety car, red flag the race and grid restart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Why did Alonso and the two Astons retire? A pity for Daniel. He just has no luck at all lately.

Overall not a great race at all was it?

some nice passes but that's about it.

NICK de Vries rightly deserved the driver of the day title. He has been amazing all weekend.

I think if Latifi has not seen the writing on the wall before he sure has now.

Alex Albon and Nick De Vries in the Williams would be brilliant together and for the team too.

Then all they need is to do a deal with Porsche.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement