Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat 22/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Weird to see KDB -106% to a fall tonight considering he played well today and had the assist for Haalands goal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I wonder is it people swapping him out for Haaland. If so, that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I know last season a few people gambled and Sold Salah for a game and reversed it. Would anyone consider something similar with Salah in GW8 - Liverpool play Chelsea away, whereas United have Leeds at home - we all know how Leeds play, and likely to be goals. Alternatively in the same week, Spurs play Leicester - could use funds to get Kane/Son... Son looked dangerous yesterday from what I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, I'll be getting rid of Salah for GW8. He hasn't gone up in price so it's easy bring him back in after.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yeah i've been thinking along those lines. Could be a good week to wildcard, Newcastle at home to Bournemouth that week at well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

Keep an eye on Price Change Predictor as they have Salah at -84.3% with 120878 needed for a drop.

Yeah, saw that. Won't be getting rid of him before Wolves at home, so I'm prepared to lose the 0.1 I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Regarding Liverpool assets, most of us here probably have 3 of Salah, TAA, Robbo and dias. The question for me is how many and who to sell.

Also where do you spend the extra funds. KDB is steady but isn’t exactly hauling. Sterling is doing ok but Chelsea are abit all over the place. Bruno.. nah. Maybe get Kane to go with haaland and Jesus but I think mitro, toney and potentially isaak can give similar points for much cheaper price.

I think I’ll give Salah, TAA and dias one more chance v Wolves and evaluate after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Diego Costa having a medical at Wolves 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Not a hope would most have 3 of Salah, TAA, Robbo and Diaz

3 Liverpool in itself is probably overkill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I have them and it is overkill. I'll be moving on one of Diaz or salah before too long

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

ok let’s say most have 2 then.. Salah and TAA. And some of us unfortunate souls have 3.

Regardless most of us have a large portion of our budget tied up in Liverpool players who are out of form.

My point was to discuss what are peoples plan. To hold zero, one or maybe even two players. And then which players. I’m uncomfortable with zero as they could easily click into gear and start firing again soon and it’s difficult to get back to them at their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Have TAA and Salah, TAA is playing poorly and his one big return was against poor opponents.

Salah is playing more on the wing and seems to be coming in less to take shots …….there is a good argument for getting rid of both of them as you could sell TAA and get defenders for less investment who are scoring well,likes of Trippier,Dunk or Schar……Wolves have been solid at the back as well.In case you wanted to go back to TAA you could leave money itb for him.

Salahs high % ownership is biggest factor to worry about getting rid of him….if he had a few double digit returns in a row and you had sold him it would affect your OR.

I think likes of Zaha,Mc Allister,Odegard will outscore him until Liverpool get likes of Thiago back to help create chances for Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Salah and TAA have pretty much the same ownership, so the argument would be the same for TAA. If you sold Salah, and he got say 2 good returns in a row - your probably going to get him back, plus whoever you get is going to score points to so won't be that bad, there is also the fact that as long as Haaland stays fit your going just captain him - it's not as if people are going to captain Salah in their droves over Haaland.

No one wants me to comment on TAA so I'll ignore him, but on Salah - just how poor is he actually? purely from an FF point of view he has 12, 10 and 8 in three of his six matches. So in 50% of his matches he has returned. For me there is no one that I really want to get in, that means that I need to get rid of, perhaps maybe in GW8 could swap him out for Son and reverse it - but other than that, the players you mentioned are so cheap you should be able to afford them without taking Salah out.

I won't be getting rid before Wolves at home this weekend anyway, but will probably use a double FT to ship both Salah and TAA out for GW8. Then I'm WCing it and haven't decided if they'll be in my long term plans. The problem with both is that there aren't any attractive alternatives at either of their price points, making it very hard to get them back in should they start firing.

If you don't have KdB he looks fairly dangerous - granted he hasn't got the returns last few games but has been dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I have Robertson, TAA & Salah and it's been a massive rank killer so far. (1.6m OR and going nowhere fast)

Form over fixtures never been so apparent but I couldn't drop them before Everton at the weekend, TAA & Robertson played a combined 90 FPL mins and a grand total of 2 points. Unlucky maybe but silly to keep them so long. I'll hold all 3 ahead of Wolves this weekend and hope Robertson at least starts with TAA.

After next week, I'll be getting rid of Robertson and when I WC in GW9 most likely, I'll prob keep TAA & get Diaz for Salah. Won't be an easy decision but feels like too much money tied up when I really fancy Haaland and Kane as my 2 premiums in the long run.

Pep benching him last week has put me off a bit. I must look into his and Son's underlying data a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Spurs fan here so watched all games to date. Son has been shocking in all bar the Fulham game last weekend. The goal is coming, it just needs to go in off his arse,knee or elbow. Then the points will flow...

• Advertisement

His work permit application got rejected. Wolves appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

He has returned in 4 of the 5 games he has started. Only Rodrigo has a higher points per minutes ratio and he is out for another month or so. KDB has already had his break as well (it's still Pep but its something) I think he is a great pick on a WC or if dumping Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

All the better the more that transfer him out, he is in my team for the season unless he gets injured, captains armband this week.

Tuchel gone

Wasn't expecting that

Backed the fecker at 33/1 to be first manager gone, if only Parker could have learnt to keep his mouth shut!

Signs were there even at the end of last season that there was tension between him and the board and the same thing happened in both Dortmund and PSG, Tuchel is never wrong and not afraid to throw the players under the bus!

I'm guessing Poch will be favourite for the job. Hopefully Potter and the like will have the good sense to steer clear.

Was looking at some 'next manager' markets last night and I think Poch is favourite for 5 at the minute!

Potter slight favourite this morning, just ahead of Pochettino.

Yeah, according to a couple of news sources in the UK, Chelsea have already approached Brighton seeking permission to speak to Potter.

• Advertisement

Who knows what's going on at Chelsea, this new owner coming in and seems to be bidding on every single players - maybe Tuchel didn't want Auba or Cucurella, or even Fofanna - they could have kept Rudiger and Christenian and saved a fortune. The bidding for Gordan and the links to Zaha, it's like every single player was just being linked. Who knows if he even wanted Sterling? He never wanted Lukaku and yet Chelsea spent 100m on him.

If the new owner wasn't sure on Tuchel - why let Lukaku go out on loan, why sell Werner? They are just throwing money around, and now the window is shut and whoever comes in is stuck with this team till January. Does anyone know Chelsea's best 11? Due to the money spent do Cucuella, Fofanna, Koulibaly, Auba, Sterling all have to start?

For FF, do the likes of Mount and Havertz play? Chelsea have so many options, that I think until someone comes in you just got to stay away from them.

Advertisement