Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭brookville

The scoreboard stopped before half time and the boro stopped hurling around this time also.The boro started well and plenty of movement from their attack. Bunching and breaking.Bill sheehan got a few nice points while the bridge were reliant on nickey cleeres frees. The boro will be extremely dissapointed with the 2nd half the bridge got a goal and it just sucked the life out of them. David and Liam blanchfield were good.

Tullaron pulled away from comer In the last 20 mins. Mossy got a goal in the first half and himself and delaney had a good tussle. Comer lacked any real threat again up front with mostly defenders converted.Young Tommy was good at full back.Tom brophy isn't the comer goalie anymore.He must of gave 25 years service to comer.

Alot of clubs missing players for different reasons. Stephen Murphy got married for olg.Cian loy is on army duty. Ballyhale are down a lot of lads. Richie and tj on holiday. Colin and joey are gone travelling and expected to miss the full campaign.

Richie Hogan on holidays.Conditions were very greasy today but €5 for a match and €2 for a programme its great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭blackcard

Enda Cleere made one very good save and had another good block. I think that the Bridge got about 13 points from frees including 8 of their 10 points in the first half. Nicky Cleere is up with TJ as a freetaker and I thought some of the fouls by the Boro were unnecessary. I was delighted to see the Bridge win as they play a nice brand of hurling and it is very hard for the rural clubs to beat any of the city teams. I fully expect the Village to win with a bit to spare against Glenmore tomorrow

I didn't attend the olg match and I know gbc were outplayed but I was talking to a few lads In clara who were at it and think the only place for him is up the field and away from the defence. I know its a huge difference between Club and county but I remember last year the first time Andy comerford put him in the attack was against Vegas in ballyhale but he improved every match last year.i wonder will new management try him up the field further.New management could entice Liam blanchfield back and maybe the break will have gave him a fresh hunger. He was dangerous today and caught a few good balls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭Village87

Yeah i agree about Deegan. Always under pressure and gets found out in the big games every year. I went to see Comer v Tullaroan. Comer pathetic. 13 points. Fogarty getting nothing out of them

Niall rigney over comer. The dunne Chap marking conor tonight hit him some shoulder underneath the shed. Conor got two nice points but his man was also involved and got a point.Mossy is a good target man for them

• Advertisement

I had heard that Liam Blanchfield was due to emigrate after this year, would be a huge loss as he is a whole hearted player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Grats

The €2 programme has all the managers and backroom teams listed. Excellent value with every fixture for the weekend and teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Comerman

Fogarty stepped down last year, you were at the match and didn't even notice he wasn't on the sideline 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Marrooned

City cat opened his big mouth too soon another two gone from the championship, only one left.

Performance of the weekend has to be Glenmore's 1-26 to 0-20 deserved win over the Village. Very impressive with their movement and passing. Shane Murphy impressive at wing back with Liam Hennessy and Alan Murphy doing well in the forwards but really a team performance. Cian Kenny did okay for the Village along with Tadgh O'Dwyer in the second half. The Village turned over ball coming out of defence.

I had expected Dicksboro, OLG and the Village to be contesting the top 2 spots with the Bridge, Ballycallan and Glenmore trying to avoid the bottom 2 spots but it looks like it will be a real dogfight in this section of the league. Should be fun when the city teams are taking each other on.

Shamrocks were missing Joey Holden, Richie Reid, Brian Cody, TJ, Joey Cuddihy and Colin Fennelly from last year's side but still looked comfortable for most of their game against Clara but got caught by a late Clara surge. Adrian Mullen scored 5 points from play, Eoin Cody looked dangerous and could have scored a couple of goals. Liam Ryan got 4 long distance points for Clara

The mostly fine weather helped to have 4 high scoring matches with plenty more in store over the next few weeks.

• Advertisement

Yea shamrocks will be dissapointed to lose that despite missing so many. Kevin nolan made a few good saves in the clara goal.They led for most of the match and were about 6 or 7 up in the last 10 but a conor o shea goal woke clara up. They moved jack Langton up also who made a difference. Eoin cody had a handy enough free at the end to level it but missed it. The shamrocks still had a very solid team and will take alot of beating even if they're missing Colin and joey. Darragh corcoran,mullen at 11 and cody at 14 is a very good spine. They've a few young lads coming aswell. They had a shortall chap corner foward who was good.

Alot of teams who thought they were going well got bet and lads who were going poor won. There was no form going into the weekend.This weekend should bring on teams and teams will know more about themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Powerhouse1

Colin will be back in good time for the Championship. Unfortunately Joey gone for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The Birchfield Boy

Boro looked a bit clueless at times. Not goal threat bar a Timmy Clifford effort that was well saved and another well blocked by enda Morrissey at fb. Bridge have a nice style that suits their players and outworked the boro.... They have nice training tops thou

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭therealdonster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Looked like Martin Fogarty was getting a blast before his possible appointment to the senior management team. Nice early try!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭Village87

I genuinely thought he was involved with Rigney. As for Paddy Deegan, some lads here obviously no very little about the game. I can name 4/5 forwards that have destroyed Deegan at the highest level when stakes are at the highest. One sided, slow, poor in the air, no recovery. Yes he tries hard and battles but if I want to see that ill go to a local club match and see a lad give it his all and battle to the end, doesn't mean he is any good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭kentu

To be fair to Paddy Deegan SLOW as you make out he is far from, I do agree that he struggles in big games over last few years, Jack Fagan and Stephen Bennett cleaned him out 2 years ago similar enough to Hegarty 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Nedflanders02

County board meeting brought forward to this Thursday night, are we about to ratify a new manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Neewollah

Just spoke with our county board rep. Nothing about ratifying a manager or the new manager selection process on the agenda. Thats not to say it won't be brought up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Nedflanders02

Yeah nothing on the agenda just thought it was interesting that it was brought forward! The rumours on who the new man will br seems to have gone quiet the last few days which probably isn’t a bad thing either

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jonniegoogle

Heard from a decent source announcement tomorrow sometime. The 3 selectors from this year. Probably the safest option??

Wonder if Martin Fogarty will be involved. Also, there might be a position for Michael Fennelly.

Which of Martin Comerford, Conor Phelan and James McGarry would be top dog?

This seems to be the talk anyway. Don't think fogarty will be involved. It will be last years back room team. I wouldn't mind who we got but our puckouts have being atrocious for a few years. A goalkeeping coach like herity would be an addition.

Being a former goalkeeper, McGarry is failing in that regard. If he does return he needs to get up to speed or accept a capable goalkeeper coach.

Not too sure. That's why I expected Martin Fogarty in.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Marrooned

I heard Mick Fennelly, Gorta and McGarry.

I wondered if Fennelly might be involved. Hope Conor Phelan is there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Manager Martin Fogarty

Coach Michael Fennelly

Selectors gorta mcga

Advertisement