Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards DCM2022 participant tracker

Options
  • 26-07-2022 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I had an idea that it might be good to track who's participating in DCM this year along with what training plan they are following and what the target time is.

I set up this Google Sheet. First time trying this so I have no idea if it will work or not. Feel free to edit or add any columns that may be useful.

For now I just have Boards username, training plan, target time and a place to link your training log so we can follow.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F_T-wSfOrL9jFZuloyuOCb8bb6gnyv-qq1t_I6AvKGA/edit#gid=0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Thanks for setting this up P, be great to follow everyone's journey 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 10,422 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Good idea P. Joined in, even though the main target is Chicago, three weeks before Dublin. But hoping to run around Dublin too, somewhat more gently, depending on recovery. Added a couple of columns. Never too much info!

Post edited by Murph_D on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Great idea P, added myself there.

Target an estimate for now, will know better in a few weeks.

Plan due to start Aug 8th.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Added myself, training plan appears to be well out the window. oh well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

Added my info in there - hope to do 3.30 but no clue if I will manage it. Previous best is 3.48 in dublin in 2019 with less than ideal training in the summer before hand due to crashing my knee off a rock in sligo in April and not coming right until mid September. Training is haphazard but reasonably consistent 50 to 70 km weeks with some time on the bike in recent times too. I try to do a tempo run of about 15 to 20km at MP once a week and an interval session of about 200m up to 1km repeats totaling 5km fast once every second week too. Long runs are a bit haphazard due to other commitments at the weekend but managed to get around the IMRA Tucker trail 80 km in July in good enough condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

I'm aiming for 3h30 and also did the Tucker Trail in a little under 11 hours. Will be wearing a black Belpark vest, red shorts, white Alphaflys with some red and green Kipchoge Kenyan livery. Say hi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

Added my info there. You finished 2 minutes behind me and forced me to run when I didn't want to in the Tucker Trail!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Best of luck to everyone running Dublin on Sunday! Hopefully the weather will cooperate, and the running gods will be on your sides 🤞

How about adding a column for bib number for anyone who doesn't mind being tracked? Just some entertainment for the rest of us 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

Yes, best of luck to all! I'll be out supporting and will give an extra cheer to anyone I recognise (probably very few in fairness).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Good idea, I've added a bib column. At least I think I have. Can everyone see that or just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Bib added.

I added a chip time column

Advertisement